Mike Mayock Mock

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayock is someone that I usually like. He has Austin to the Bills. I think that all of this QB at 8 may be a smokescreen so that no one jumps in front of them for Austin. If they stay at 8 I think that he may be the pick.

I just was looking that up. Any chance the Bills take Dion Jordan if he falls to #8?

in his mock, Dee Milliner, Chance Warmack & Dion Jordan are all still on the board. all of them are better than Austin.

Dee Milliner has medical red flags.

Nix won't take a guard that early... we specialize in poaching them off other teams.

I don't think Dion Jordan makes it this far... Cardinals would pick him up over a guard methinks.

Austin reminds me of Santana Moss, not roscoe, he's thicker. Was Moss a good player yes, worth our pick...maybe not. In an interview with Darius Slay, he said Patterson was the hardest guy to cover in the sec.

I like all of those guys but WR is a bigger need than any of those positions. The Bills have 1 pass catcher!!!

Meh a rookie WR isnt going to produce his first season, may as well grab one in a later round and groom him to be ready next year.

in his mock, Dee Milliner, Chance Warmack & Dion Jordan are all still on the board. all of them are better than Austin.

Absolutely.

Bill Polian today said this of Austin, "No WR that small has had a long and productive career since around 2002 so if you take him, your bucking the odds"

Given the status of this team, can it really afford to roll the dice on Austin? If Dion Jordan is there, it would be the height of foolishness to pass on him for a mini-receiver.

Mayock is someone that I usually like. He has Austin to the Bills. I think that all of this QB at 8 may be a smokescreen so that no one jumps in front of them for Austin. If they stay at 8 I think that he may be the pick.

Would love this result. Spiller and Austin on the field at the same time would be ridiculous. And I believe Austin fits Nix's top 10 draft philosophy. Elite physical traits. History of production in a major conference. A difference maker. BUT, the Rams are said to love him and the Jets have been linked to him. Setting things up for a possible trade down?

Austin is the best pick besides Warmack.

Austin starts immediately and is a huge playmaker like Spiller. Dont think of him as a WR think of him as a chance to score every touch he gets whether at RB WR Slot or ST player. Not my favorite but maybe the best value all around. He is going to score if you give him the ball. period

Edited by 3rdand12

Better in what way? Austin is the only one of that group who can score from anywhere on the field at any time. He is a match up nightmare. Now put him in the same formation with CJ Spiller. TWO players who can score at any time from anywhere. On Punts and Kickoffs line him up w/McKelvin. Who do they kick away from? Will lead to bad kickoffs and possession starting on the 40 and shanked directional punts...

Austin would be a valuable piece. Don't need him to be "the man". Just need to add him to the puzzle. And TJ Graham can run too.

Edited by purple haze

Meh a rookie WR isnt going to produce his first season, may as well grab one in a later round and groom him to be ready next year.

Sincerely, AJ Green and Julio Jones

The passing game in college is so advanced that QBS and WR are more prepared coming out. The transition is much smoother than it was.

Sincerely, AJ Green and Julio Jones

The passing game in college is so advanced that QBS and WR are more prepared coming out. The transition is much smoother than it was.

Do you actually think he has more in common with Green and Jones, or Ginn and Parrish?

Absolutely.

Bill Polian today said this of Austin, "No WR that small has had a long and productive career since around 2002 so if you take him, your bucking the odds"

Given the status of this team, can it really afford to roll the dice on Austin? If Dion Jordan is there, it would be the height of foolishness to pass on him for a mini-receiver.

Steve Smith says hello. And DeSean Jackson is well on his way to having a great career.

I must've missed the memo. I didn't think we expected to be at all competitive this coming season.

I'm not saying we should pick a WR, but you must understand, a WR picked in the first will have a much greater chance of being a star than one picked in the later rounds, who in all likelihood will take longer to develop and won't be as skillful.

Austin is the best pick besides Warmack.

Austin starts immediately and is a huge playmaker like Spiller. Dont think of him as a WR think of him as a chance to score every touch he gets whether at RB WR Slot or ST player. Not my favorite but maybe the best value all around. He is going to score if you give him the ball. period

I think of him as way too small to last very long.

Have to get him the ball relatively close to the line as he'll get lost down field at his size.

He MIGHT be great, but I'd rather have a "normal sized" prospect than swinging for the fences with a VERY undersized guy.

Austin would not be a favorite pick for me. I think it is too risky given his lack of size.

Edited by OldTimer1960

Not to mention that he is a dynamic playmaker.

Did you hear what Jeremiah said when he picked Austin to the Bills? He said I love dreaming about messing with defenses using Spiller and Austin on the same side of the ball, who's gonna get it?

Honestly, Speed kills in the NFL. If we picked up Tavon Austin and also have T.J. Graham, Stevie and C.J. spiller on the field at the same time...WOW!! I don't care who you are, that is a very difficult offense to match up with. I think we go QB in 2nd and then TE in the 3rd rnd IMHO.

Edited by Don't stop billievein

I think of him as way too small to last very long.

Have to get him the ball relatively close to the line as he'll get lost down field at his size.

He MIGHT be great, but I'd rather have a "normal sized" prospect than swinging for the fences with a VERY undersized guy.

Austin would not be a favorite pick for me. I think it is too risky given his lack of size.

I am sympathetic to your point and have had my reserves.

We for sure still need the Nix type of rec or heck two and the prerequisite QB who can throw long and far...

we know its not that simple but still this kid has shown he can take the game over.

and we dont have Chan (sorry ) holding any one back. Playmakers are just that and if you have 3-4 on offense you can distribute the load.

Hackett possibly wont ruin a Graham or a Parrish by abusing him in a crowded crossing route. I hope !

Give me Austin, top ranked QB at 41 and a TE in the 3rd (maybe Kelce). Now you are building something.

P.s. sign Dansby and a safety in the 4th, guard or corner in 5th and Dustin Hopkins in the 6th

I'm with ya.

Honestly, Speed kills in the NFL. If we picked up Tavon Austin and also have T.J. Graham, Stevie and C.J. spiller on the field at the same time...WOW!! I don't care who you are, that is a very difficult offense to match up with. I think we go QB in @nd and then TE in the 3rd rnd IMHO.

Agreed.

My thought process is that the Bills didn't seem to make a huge push to keep nelson or jones. There were some decent FA WR available and I don't believe we even brought 1 of them in for a meeting even though Buddy has publicly stated he wanted a high impact WR. My only hesitation to the Austin pick is that DHB was available and he is taller and lightning fast not to mention has NFL experience.

Edited by Don't stop billievein

Absolutely.

Amen!

Give me Austin, top ranked QB at 41 and a TE in the 3rd (maybe Kelce). Now you are building something.

P.s. sign Dansby and a safety in the 4th, guard or corner in 5th and Dustin Hopkins in the 6th

Dream on.

Honestly, Speed kills in the NFL. If we picked up Tavon Austin and also have T.J. Graham, Stevie and C.J. spiller on the field at the same time...WOW!! I don't care who you are, that is a very difficult offense to match up with. I think we go QB in 2nd and then TE in the 3rd rnd IMHO.

Yes.

I love great guard play as much as the next guy but to pick Warmack ahead of a guy who is a legit threat to make big plays with every touch makes no sense to me.

Absolutely.

Good reference.

Re Austin: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RoyaEd00.htm . Note the trajectory.

Just some food for thought...Nix has always drafted someone (2010-Spiller, 2011-Dareus, 2012-Gilmore) that came in to one bills drive for a pre draft visit. After looking at the list I believer there are only 9 possibilities (10 if you believe they didn't need to bring in Nassib because of the familiarity already): QBs: Smith, Barkley and Manuel...LBs: Mingo, Jordan, Ogletree, and Jarvis Jones...WR: Patterson (Austin didn't come in and Hunter I believe is better than Patterson but I'm putting Patterson based on what others think)...S: Vaccaro. If you look at the list it feels like the Bills are down to LB or QB with first pick and I believe a lot of this depends on if they can trade down in the first to acquire another 2nd rounder. If they can trade down they will probably take there QB (my gut is EJ Manuel) and take WR and LB with both 2nds...If they can't trade down that is a tough scenario where they will most likely go BPA and take Jordan, Mingo or Ogletree (hoping for either Jordan or Ogletree after Maybin fiasco)