Kiper's three round mock

ny33

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are NOT a team that should be looking at Ansah in the 1st. I really hope the organization learned something from the Flowers & Maybin picks & drafting pass rushers with "high potential".

If Ansah goes to a good team where he can be a situational pass rusher & learn behind solid vets, he could really develop. If he came here and is expected to be a solid starter right away, high flop potential.

That said, if we replace the Ansah pick with some other top-10 defensive player, A+++ draft.

We are NOT a team that should be looking at Ansah in the 1st. I really hope the organization learned something from the Flowers & Maybin picks & drafting pass rushers with "high potential".

If Ansah goes to a good team where he can be a situational pass rusher & learn behind solid vets, he could really develop. If he came here and is expected to be a solid starter right away, high flop potential.

That said, if we replace the Ansah pick with some other top-10 defensive player, A+++ draft.

Yeah cause we don't have any "solid vets". We only have crappy Mario Williams, Anderson, and now Lawson. We would desperately need him to come in and be our number one pass rusher.

Interestingly, he has, in this mock, Detroit trading up to #1 and grabbing Dee Milliner.

Geno Smith is the only first round QB, drafted by the Eagles in a trade-up to #25; Barkley is drafted with the first pick of the second round.

Edited by ny33

Ugh...Information in the lead up to the draft is disseminated and reported on thanks to agents and agents alone. I know for certain the Kiper has ties to agents and that's what gives him a shred of credibility...but Ansah--while he seems like a great story--having only started nine games, having never heard of football until 2010 it the complete antecedent to Nix's formula.

Dear Mel Kiper, you are an idiot and if you were worth a damn you would be making multi millions for an NFL Team.

That said, there is no way in hell Nassib is there at #71. He will be gone in the first

I hear that argument about Kiper a lot. I think some of you dudes over estimate what a scout earns.

That's all Kiper is doing, scouting college prospects. He's not picking coaches, or scouting pro players, calling Tampa Bay's GM back on the phone or the stuff you need a smart and savvy operator like Buddy Nix for.

It's safe to say that Mel is money-ahead NOT being an NFL scout.

http://insider.espn....-every-nfl-team

8) Ezekiel Ansah

41) Keenan Allen

71) Ryan Nassib

My heart would love to see the Bills take Ansah at 8. He is a very high risk, very high reward player. Incredibly physical tackler, great range and strength to set the edge as a 3-4 OLB.

But my head knows that if you don't have a QB, you are essentially doooooomed to failure. So this mock really makes no sense when Kevin Kolb is at the top of your depth chart. I know some people are holding out hope that Kolb stays healthy and does something after 3 years of being Arizona's Trent Edwards but without using the benefit of hindsight......can anyone remember the Bills depth chart at QB looking so un-promising? Gotta' take a chance on a QB. A good starting QB would be worth more to the franchise than 10 straight pro-bowls from Ansah.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

Solid vets like Mario Williams

I hear that argument about Kiper a lot. I think some of you dudes over estimate what a scout earns.

That's all Kiper is doing, scouting college prospects. He's not picking coaches, or scouting pro players, calling Tampa Bay's GM back on the phone or the stuff you need a smart and savvy operator like Buddy Nix for.

It's safe to say that Mel is money-ahead NOT being an NFL scout.

My heart would love to see the Bills take Ansah at 8. He is a very high risk, very high reward player. Incredibly physical tackler, great range and strength to set the edge as a 3-4 OLB.

But my head knows that if you don't have a QB, you are essentially doooooomed to failure. So this mock really makes no sense when Kevin Kolb is at the top of your depth chart. I know some people are holding out hope that Kolb stays healthy and does something after 3 years of being Arizona's Trent Edwards but without using the benefit of hindsight......can anyone remember the Bills depth chart at QB looking so un-promising? Gotta' take a chance on a QB. A good starting QB would be worth more to the franchise than 10 straight pro-bowls from Ansah.

I don't mind takin' a shot on a QB, but I don't believe it MUST be done @ #8. There's a good chance they could end up w/ another Blaine Gabbert, Akili Smith, or even Sanchize by goin' so high for one. Do your research on the guys who should be there in Rounds 2 or 3.

Seriously folks, the draft does not conclude w/ the 32nd pick.

I don't mind takin' a shot on a QB, but I don't believe it MUST be done @ #8. There's a good chance they could end up w/ another Blaine Gabbert, Akili Smith, or even Sanchize by goin' so high for one. Do your research on the guys who should be there in Rounds 2 or 3.

There really are so few though. People should forget about using Russell Wilson as an example, it was a total fluke of a player that is likely to never happen again. Kaepernick is the only example in the last few years of a 2-3 rounder who is really a serious potential franchise guy.

The problem is that its essentially impossible to get a franchise QB after roughly pick 35.

The problem is that its essentially impossible to get a franchise QB after roughly pick 35.

Very difficult, I grant you, but not impossible. It would be better if there were more prospects to feel really good 'bout in regards to QBs. I just don't feel comfortable w/ the prospect of passin' up a good player somewhere else to gamble on any of this year's QB early. I've seen enough of the Bills draftin' for need and leavin' guys like Haloti Ngata and Vince Wilfork available for others.

granted, but there seems to be a contingent on here who seems to think if you take Nassib with the 8th pick then he will be a franchise QB but if you take him at 41 or 71 then he will be a bum- as if the act of taking a QB early makes that QB better rather than you take a QB early because you evaluate that QB as superior to other QBs not only in a particular draft but also to other QBs in the NFL now.

granted, but there seems to be a contingent on here who seems to think if you take Nassib with the 8th pick then he will be a franchise QB but if you take him at 41 or 71 then he will be a bum- as if the act of taking a QB early makes that QB better rather than you take a QB early because you evaluate that QB as superior to other QBs not only in a particular draft but also to other QBs in the NFL now.

Perhaps it's because NFL scouts and GMs know a wee bit more than message board posters, and if player X has a decent chance at all to be a franchise QB, one of the people with actual jobs doing this will take him in the first round.

Wow...I'm no Kiper fan, but if that happened, I would be very, very happy. Tons of potential there.

That said, I think the chances are 0.00000000000000000000001%

Considering that Kiper hits on 1 of 10 picks we should not hold our breath

Ansah is a project where Nix will never be around to see him produce. I would take the guy on the other end of that line, Van Noy, not Ansah.

Keenan Allen is all right, and has some Stevie in him, but I prefer the other WRs, Cordarelle, Hunter, and Hopkins.

Nassib will be third off the board of the QBs, so RD2 before 41.

Kiper strikeout.

On my life if that happened I might cry tears of joy... But as a Bills fan since first tooth I know my wet dreams turn to nightmares all the time with this team....

Wow...I'm no Kiper fan, but if that happened, I would be very, very happy. Tons of potential there.

That said, I think the chances are 0.00000000000000000000001%

To quote the great Lloyd Christmas "So you say 0.00000000000000000000001% chance? I have a shot then"...LOL....

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

Address needs, we cant afford to spend a 1st on a DE.

1) J.Jones, Ogeltree, Warmack or Fisher.

2) Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, DeAndre Hopkins or Robert Woods.

3) Nassib, T Wilson or M.Glennon

Best case is trading down and landing 4 of these players.

i just want to see the "Top 10 Selections" list... I would be impressed enough with that. Predicting 3 rounds of the draft is just completely ridiculous, and embarrassing. How do these "draft experts" look people in the eye while they spout this drivel? What kind of a sham "expertise" are these con-men profiting on?

Seriously, it's a load of crap.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

i just want to see the "Top 10 Selections" list... I would be impressed enough with that. Predicting 3 rounds of the draft is just completely ridiculous, and embarrassing. How do these "draft experts" look people in the eye while they spout this drivel? What kind of a sham "expertise" are these con-men profiting on?

Seriously, it's a load of crap.

To be fair, the "experts" are generally aware that their work is largely for entertainment value and not scouting accuracy.