Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

"Why so serious"

"Happy New Years"

why work out in the off season.

making fun of war and bombing an American city.

This is all fun and funny if you are winning. But Stevie you have proven to be a mediocre reciever an on a very poor team. How bout positng something that is not controversial and good for the team. How bout being a leader (you are certainly overcompensated for it).

It will be interesting to see if Marrone actually has the testicals to deal with this jackass. Again, as long as this guy is on the team they will be under .500.

And btw the tweet is a subtle admission that you (Stevie) feel that this team cannot beat the Pats- what a funny boy- "why so serious", because year after year we support this team and the team fails to deliver. So yes, you should be serious and you should understand that if you were on most other teams your behavior would not be tolerated. Seriously, what a loser this guy is.

Unfortunately you can't make these comments round here without being flamed to death.

I'm inclined to agree with you, though I would have toned my rhetoric just a bit...

When the Bills cut Lee Evans everyone outside Bills Nation (who isn't an NFL junkie) said: "Who's Lee Evans?" And if not for:

1. ***Serious-gate
  2. Happy-gate
  3. Why-you-do-me-gate
  4. (and) OT-drop-gate (by proxy)
  5. Workout-gate
  6. Bomb-gate

They'd be saying the same thing about Stevie Johnson. Because those things, and not his on-field performance, have put him on the national stage.

My whole point during workout-gate was that there is a pattern to Stevie's behavior. And here we go again. I've said it before, and until he does something to prove otherwise: he needs to grow up and get serious.

I've heard all the arguments about his 3 x 1K seasons, all that stuff, and that's all well and good, but it has nothing to do with what I"m talking about here. so please spare me.

I'm not saying he's a poor player and that he doesn't contribute on Sunday's, but for a guy who has publicly said he wants to be the face of the franchise, he's doing a helluva job ensuring that if that were to happen, it would be for all the wrong reasons.

**the 'gate' suffix was intentionally annoying.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why so serious"

"Happy New Years"

why work out in the off season.

making fun of war and bombing an American city.

This is all fun and funny if you are winning. But Stevie you have proven to be a mediocre reciever an on a very poor team. How bout positng something that is not controversial and good for the team. How bout being a leader (you are certainly overcompensated for it).

It will be interesting to see if Marrone actually has the testicals to deal with this jackass. Again, as long as this guy is on the team they will be under .500.

And btw the tweet is a subtle admission that you (Stevie) feel that this team cannot beat the Pats- what a funny boy- "why so serious", because year after year we support this team and the team fails to deliver. So yes, you should be serious and you should understand that if you were on most other teams your behavior would not be tolerated. Seriously, what a loser this guy is.

Yeah, Stevie. Stop having fun and showing a personality when your not playing a GAME that we all are too invested in and take too seriously.

Sincerely,

The First Down Marker Up Our Ace Group.

PS great Tweet Stevie, anyone with a sense of humor enjoyed it. At least us on the Buffalo side of this rivalry did anyways haha.

Yeah, Stevie. Stop having fun and showing a personality when your not playing a GAME that we all are too invested in and take too seriously.

Sincerely,

The First Down Marker Up Our Ace Group.

PS great Tweet Stevie, anyone with a sense of humor enjoyed it. At least us on the Buffalo side of this rivalry did anyways haha.

Nothing than the message board participant who chastises fans for being too invested.

Edited by taC giB ehT

His contract is actually quite reasonable.

Its clear to me who my favorite football player is. He's got a future in entertainment after football.

At the end of the day, that's all Football is. Entertainment. Hell, that's why I follow him on twitter. Stevie Johnson is an entertainer and I have never had a problem with his off the cuff remarks. He's just being him.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

At the end of the day, that's all Football is. Entertainment. Hell, that's why I follow him on twitter. Stevie Johnson is an entertainer and I have never had a problem with his off the cuff remarks. He's just being him.

LOL, saw this earlier. Love it. Hilarious. No one should have a problem with this.

not singling you out - i was by no means offended by his comment, i just didnt really think it was that funny a joke either. surprised so many people keep chiming in with how amusing it was.

like i alluded to in my post, n, korea threatened austin tx, i would bet his comments are directed at that rather than just a general statement about bombing a random city...that's where the humor lies

][/b]Shortly after midnight local time, North Korean state television reported that Kim signed orders to put the nation's rockets on combat-ready status. In a photo released on state-run media, a chart titled "U.S. mainland strike plan" could be seen and a map showed missiles arcing into Hawaii, Washington, Los Angeles and Austin, Texas.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/29/north-korea-orders-rocket-prep-b2-drill/#ixzz2PVrVve5B

not singling you out - i was by no means offended by his comment, i just didnt really think it was that funny a joke either. surprised so many people keep chiming in with how amusing it was.

LOL, saw this earlier. Love it. Hilarious. No one should have a problem with this.

This is exactly the kind of thing that can send a player packing.

Maybe it doesn't matter to some of you, but I would like to keep SJ on our football team

Its always good to see any player, especially a Buffalo Bill, making their hate for the Pats public.

This is exactly the kind of thing that can send a player packing.

Maybe it doesn't matter to some of you, but I would like to keep SJ on our football team

It most certainly is not.

like i alluded to in my post, n, korea threatened austin tx, i would bet his comments are directed at that rather than just a general statement about bombing a random city...that's where the humor lies

I totally got the joke, I just didnt find it that funny and was surprised how many did.

Does Stevie really want to see Foxboro get nuked? Then STFU.

There's more important things in life to discuss than a joke made by a NFL player. Like gay marriage. SMH.

I totally got the joke, I just didnt find it that funny and was surprised how many did.

Yeah, it ain't that funny. But it's hardly offensive, either. If you're offended by that joke, you're really working too hard at being offended.

Does Stevie really want to see Foxboro get nuked? Then STFU.

There's more important things in life to discuss than a joke made by a NFL player. Like gay marriage. SMH.

The manufactured outrage to this is silly. I'm not offended by it and I question those who claim to be.

What bothers me about it is that Stevie's using his megaphone again for shenanigans. And it's just more of the same immature "playfulness" that--whether right or wrong--can be and has been skewed in such a way that Stevie and the Bills-by-proxy come out of it with a PR black eye, having to issue apologies, have to answer questions, all that nonesense.

Again, I'm not validating said nonesense, I'm just wondering when Stevie will wake up and stop inviting it.

IMO, anything other than a reaction to this tweet that falls somewhere on the spectrum between mildy amused and mildly annoyed is an indication that you are exactly the person who's feathers Stevie was trying to ruffle when he hit send. How much more blatant does he need to be? He even qualified the statement before sending it. It would be different if he was an American diplomat. He's a football player. If anything, we should be impressed by the fact that he has a working knowledge of current events.

Again, I'm not validating said nonesense, I'm just wondering when Stevie will wake up and stop inviting it.

You mean like "When will DC Tom wake up and stop inviting the moderators to ban him by being an abusive prick on the board?"

Because the answer's the same in both cases: never. The ONLY importance it has is what the people blowing it out of proportion give it, and other than that it doesn't matter. So why care?

I'm not at all offended by the stupid comment from Stevie. It is, however, another example of just how immature and stupid the guy is. I understand that he is trying to be funny/entertaining, but as a public figure, he needs to think before he speaks. His comments are not simply his, they are a reflection of the team and the city. His stupidity makes the BIlls, their fans and the city of Buffalo look stupid. I really like Stevie as a player, but I am getting tired of his stupid comments. He's trying to be the next Chad Johnson. The problem is that Chad was actually funny. Stevie is just like a 10 year old kid making fart noises or otherwise acting foolish just to get attention. The act is getting old.

Comments, and actions like these play to SJ13's base. Which certainly doesn't include many if any actual Bills teammates. It's cute and all, but really he's football player, and his numerous off-season, and regular season gaffes stink of immaturity.

It's just not a class act. Stevie by all means keep putting your foot in your mouth. But when the Bills actually play

the pats* this year. How about putting in some extra effort. Instead of you know....................

This guy will never be a leader on any NFL team. But if fans are entertained then for them it's all good.

I always liked players who do their talking on the field. You know,Things like outrunning a cornerback when you got a 10 yard head start. Those things are why I pay the money to see a team. Not BS.

IMO, anything other than a reaction to this tweet that falls somewhere on the spectrum between mildy amused and mildly annoyed is an indication that you are exactly the person who's feathers Stevie was trying to ruffle when he hit send. How much more blatant does he need to be? He even qualified the statement before sending it. It would be different if he was an American diplomat. He's a football player. If anything, we should be impressed by the fact that he has a working knowledge of current events.

Again, not the letter of the offense but the spirit. Stevie's not a comedian, he's a football player.

I'm on record--on this board--as being staunchly against taking offense to anything. But saying folks are wrong to take offense does not eliminate the reality that they will. Stevie is well aware of the scope of his platform (Twitter). He must--at some point--learn that he simply can't do this without inviting scrutiny.

And...again...my problem is that Stevie keeps finding new ways to invite scrutiny. I don't particularly have a problem with any of his shenanigans (weight-gate not withstanding). But other people do, he's got to learn that, and until he does, his behavior (IMO) is immature and reckless.

And...again...my problem is that Stevie keeps finding new ways to invite scrutiny. I don't particularly have a problem with any of his shenanigans (weight-gate not withstanding). But other people do, he's got to learn that, and until he does, his behavior (IMO) is immature and reckless.

Only if those people matter. And who give a **** what the internet thinks?

You mean like "When will DC Tom wake up and stop inviting the moderators to ban him by being an abusive prick on the board?"

Because the answer's the same in both cases: never. The ONLY importance it has is what the people blowing it out of proportion give it, and other than that it doesn't matter. So why care?

Hey, I just had a little time out too!

And why care? It's not up to me to care or not, it's up to his coaches/employers, and I say they're justified in "caring." Others don't think so.

I'm not at all offended by the stupid comment from Stevie. It is, however, another example of just how immature and stupid the guy is. I understand that he is trying to be funny/entertaining, but as a public figure, he needs to think before he speaks. His comments are not simply his, they are a reflection of the team and the city. His stupidity makes the BIlls, their fans and the city of Buffalo look stupid. I really like Stevie as a player, but I am getting tired of his stupid comments. He's trying to be the next Chad Johnson. The problem is that Chad was actually funny. Stevie is just like a 10 year old kid making fart noises or otherwise acting foolish just to get attention. The act is getting old.

This.

Comments, and actions like these play to SJ13's base. Which certainly doesn't include many if any actual Bills teammates. It's cute and all, but really he's football player, and his numerous off-season, and regular season gaffes stink of immaturity.

It's just not a class act. Stevie by all means keep putting your foot in your mouth. But when the Bills actually play

the pats* this year. How about putting in some extra effort. Instead of you know....................

This guy will never be a leader on any NFL team. But if fans are entertained then for them it's all good.

I always liked players who do their talking on the field. You know,Things like outrunning a cornerback when you got a 10 yard head start. Those things are why I pay the money to see a team. Not BS.

And this.

Only if those people matter. And who give a **** what the internet thinks?

See above.

The argument seems to be "nobody should care" vs. "this something to care about."

My paycheck stays the same, my mortgage bill still arrives the same time every month and my health remains unscathed, so really I don't care. But if Marrone/Russ were to care, I'd agree that they have a right to.

Again, not the letter of the offense but the spirit. Stevie's not a comedian, he's a football player.

I'm on record--on this board--as being staunchly against taking offense to anything. But saying folks are wrong to take offense does not eliminate the reality that they will. Stevie is well aware of the scope of his platform (Twitter). He must--at some point--learn that he simply can't do this without inviting scrutiny.

Sorry, poorly worded. I didn't actually mean for that to be "you" in the directive sense, more of a general sense of if someone is reading his tweet and got offended "you". Your post wasn't yet posted when I started mine.

Regarding inviting scrutiny, you say that as though you think he is unaware of the repercussions of his actions. I get the sense that he does think before he goes through with these antics, and forges ahead anyway. I think he does it fully aware of the potential backlash, knowing that most will take it for what it is, and some will make more of it than they should. I think he does these things for the sole purpose of messing with the people who overreact to things. "Why so serious?" Doesn't make him any less immature, may even make him less mature than your take on him...

Holy over reaction batman. Have a sense of humor. No one in this country wants to bomb this country. That's straight bills moxy right there. He hates the patriots. Good. Go bills. Get bombed patriots. There I said it. Bomb the crap out the patriots. Start at bell a cheats house. Then head to Brady or Wilforks and drop one there too. Boo yah!

Humor people. Geez.

Sorry, poorly worded. I didn't actually mean for that to be "you" in the directive sense, more of a general sense of if someone is reading his tweet and got offended "you". Your post wasn't yet posted when I started mine.

Regarding inviting scrutiny, you say that as though you think he is unaware of the repercussions of his actions. I get the sense that he does think before he goes through with these antics, and forges ahead anyway. I think he does it fully aware of the potential backlash, knowing that most will take it for what it is, and some will make more of it than they should. I think he does these things for the sole purpose of messing with the people who overreact to things. "Why so serious?" Doesn't make him any less immature, may even make him less mature than your take on him...

Yes, If he was intentionally pissing people off, then I'd say he's a 26-year-old lost cause in the maturity department...

Holy over reaction batman. Have a sense of humor. No one in this country wants to bomb this country. That's straight bills moxy right there. He hates the patriots. Good. Go bills. Get bombed patriots. There I said it. Bomb the crap out the patriots. Start at bell a cheats house. Then head to Brady or Wilforks and drop one there too. Boo yah!

Humor people. Geez.

Have people in this thread expressed their personal outrage at his comments?

I see that Stevie has made the Drudge Report with this tweet. Nice to see the national media is picking up on it..

Anybody besides kolb to SJ13 all season long!!

Fixed. And I mean anybody.

Humor people. Geez.

No dont head to Brady's house. He lives in in the la area. I happen to live in the la area.

How about their plane accidentally landing in north korea and the north koreans accidentally bomb themselves.

I'd be fine with that.

Jk non humor having bill fans.

Regarding his tweet. It was not lmao funny. It was a mild lol kind of joke. Please stop using thongs (women panties) guys. Gosh....

No dont head to Brady's house. He lives in in the la area. I happen to live in the la area.

How about their plane accidentally landing in north korea and the north koreans accidentally bomb themselves.

I'd be fine with that.

Jk non humor having bill fans.

Regarding his tweet. It was not lmao funny. It was a mild lol kind of joke. Please stop using thongs (women panties) guys. Gosh....

Which Bills fans were offended?

well, we've had Trent to Stevie for a 2yd gain on 3rd and 9. We've had Fitz to Stevie for a loss-clinching interception. May as well give Kolb a chance.

Edited by Maddog69