Pet Peeves- List them

BringBackFergy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about mock drafts with convoluted trades?

Guilty as charged on trading away #8 pick....trying to come up with pick 1-32? I agree

When wife pays $15000 to our electric company rather than $150... and it clears... on a Friday

Ouch...please refer to "15 Slaps" thread on "Off the Wall"

My wife once put diesel fuel in our Cub Cadet garden tractor but you definitely topped me on this one.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Self checkout counters. Takes jobs away from people and I get no discount for doing it my self.

I avoid them. When at a store and they have a person to direct you to the self checkout I tell them I do not use them so I can save your job.

Just out of curiosity, do you use E-Z Pass?

1. Dudes who take up two machines at a time at the gym and act like you slapped their mom across the face when you say fuggit and take one of them. 9 out of 10 times sporting under armour and a tribal or barbed wire tat around their arm.

2. Mark Schlereth breathing

3. Fat guys in pick up trucks.

People who use air quotes

Not really the same thing, but it reminds me...people who say "however comma".

What's a "hover round"? And was there a pre 90's version that was different?

People that ask what something is on a message board instead of just looking it up.

I don't care if you are a man, woman or child. When you go through a door take a quick look over your shoulder. If someone is following closely then hold the door for them. I guarantee this won't ruin your day or throw you off your schedule.

Had to highlight that word because it drives me nuts when someone holds the door for me and I'm still like 30 seconds from the door.

In the same vein as the "holding door open" issue (and I always hold the door open) is the idea of just walking down the street or in the mall. My wife and I both laugh at the fact that some people just walk straight and we always seem to be the ones who move out of the way.

This is one of mine too. Sometimes it gets to be too much and I just slamming into people. Oddly enough, they get pissed.

I have got to agree. I really hate all bumper stickers. The only recent bumper sticker I had was a bumber sticker making fun of people who have OBX bumper stickers (which I custom made).

I like this one: http://www.supportourribbons.com/custom-ribbon-magnet-sticker/3195/EMPTY+GESTURE

The good thing is that you won't have have to pay an electric bill for another 8 years.

So you're pre-paid for about the next 8 years.

Eh, that is option b. option a has been initiated. We should be refunded by tomorrow night.

people walking who stop and turn around(so you run into them)

people who congregate at entrances, exits, bathroom entrances- places where there is supposed to be flow

Edited by Pete

Rudeness...

I don't care if you are a man, woman or child. When I hold the door open for you say 'thanks'. If you don't and there are a series of doors you can expect me to get through the next one(s) quickly without opening the door fully (I know, this could be considered rudeness on my part).

I don't care if you are a man, woman or child. When you go through a door take a quick look over your shoulder. If someone is following closely then hold the door for them. I guarantee this won't ruin your day or throw you off your schedule.

My pet peeve is people who hold doors open for me. Not if I'm right behind them and it's all in stride. But, those who do it when I'm at least 20 feet away, so now I've either got to keep my current pace and look like an ahole for taking so long, or all of a sudden start into half a jog. Then, half the time they let it go to where I have to catch it and put more effort into pulling it back as it's force is going to the closed position than I would have had to in the first place by just opening a closed door.

Thank you very little for that. If I don't thank you, that is why.

In the same vein, I am a walker, and when I'm walking I want to keep my pace/stride..........And, then you get the over-cautious drivers who get to a stop sign, see me 20 yards away from the crossing, and stay stopped.............WTF, do you think I'm going to all of a sudden become Usain Bolt and run as fast as possible and get hit by your car...........I will motion them to keep going, and if they are not total dumbasses, they will, and then I'll look to see where there car is when I actually do go across the crosswalk. About half a mile down the road..............Wow - that was a close one!

In the same vein, I am a walker, and when I'm walking I want to keep my pace/stride..........And, then you get the over-cautious drivers who get to a stop sign, see me 20 yards away from the crossing, and stay stopped.............WTF, do you think I'm going to all of a sudden become Usain Bolt and run as fast as possible and get hit by your car...........I will motion them to keep going, and if they are not total dumbasses, they will, and then I'll look to see where there car is when I actually do go across the crosswalk. About half a mile down the road..............Wow - that was a close one!

:lol: