Pet Peeves- List them

BringBackFergy

Before any of you smart asses say "My pet peeve is listing pet peeves on a thread" I beat you to it.

That being said, what are some pet peeves you have?

Mine:

1) Listening to the Daytona 500 or NBA basketball on radio....yuck.

2) Sitting at a diner table and the waitress wipes off the table with a wet rag and you have to wait for the slop to dry.

3) Getting my truck washed and it rains/snows that night.

Edited by BringBackFergy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot topic for me, at the moment: People who go to concerts and !@#$ around with their phones and talk through the whole show...

went to a show last night, the woman next to us talked on her phone through most of the show, next to her brain-dead husband...if she wasn't talking, she was standing in front of people, asking them to move for "just a sec" while she snapped a photo....at the end, I **** you not, she gets on her phone to tell whoever she was talking to that "they didn't do "9,999,999 Tears" I am so pissed..." My girlfriend, who was even more annoyed than I, turned to her and said "It was the first song they did! You missed a great show!"

Hot topic for me, at the moment: People who go to concerts and !@#$ around with their phones and talk through the whole show...

went to a show last night, the woman next to us talked on her phone through most of the show, next to her brain-dead husband...if she wasn't talking, she was standing in front of people, asking them to move for "just a sec" while she snapped a photo....at the end, I **** you not, she gets on her phone to tell whoever she was talking to that "they didn't do "9,999,999 Tears" I am so pissed..." My girlfriend, who was even more annoyed than I, turned to her and said "It was the first song they did! You missed a great show!"

I've seen that as well. Shut your $%$@ phone off...enjoy the concert.

Rooting for football and hockey teams that suck year after year after year.

Yeah, Carolina fans have it tough. :)

People who use air quotes

My uncle not letting me go to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters

Star Wars quotes

Sock puppets (or monkeys)

People who use the word "magnificent"

Anything aired on HBO not staring Warwick Davis

"Laugh it up fuzzball" ....ooops, sorry.

People who chew with their mouth open. :censored:

Yes...and talking with mouthful of food.

Just "hearing" people eat/chew annoys the hell out of me (see what I did there?).

Audibly sucking on your teeth.

Work related, when a office person comes out on to the production floor and says "Have a good weekend" when the weekend is a mandatory overtime weekend annoys the hell out of me. Also they use the comment "At least you get paid for overtime".

Not sure if this frustrates anyone but me, but- in the grocery line, the little old lady in front of me, her bill is $11.52 and she gives the checkout person the $11 and then proceeds to count out the 52 pennies she has stashed in her change purse...she has to find each penny in between the old Chicklets and circa 1972 S&H Greenstamps with lint.

Pretentious people

People who look at me at and will make remarks or reactions based on me wearing dirty Dickies and a ratted up tee shirt - as if white trash. I often laugh at them.

Fat people on Rascals who just move around without paying attention to people or being courteous. I have slammed my cart in to them before.

Smokers who just throw their butts on their ground when done. I have stopped them before to ask them pick up their trash.

People who smoke at gas stations while filling. I have yelled at them and/or asked them to put it out.

...I will end up shot one day for doing this stuff. I guess so far my intimidation factor has helped.

Not sure if this frustrates anyone but me, but- in the grocery line, the little old lady in front of me, her bill is $11.52 and she gives the checkout person the $11 and then proceeds to count out the 52 pennies she has stashed in her change purse...she has to find each penny in between the old Chicklets and circa 1972 S&H Greenstamps with lint.

rest assured this annoys everyone in the checkout line...like there's an exact change prize or something

Edited by Steve O

People who use air quotes

My uncle not letting me go to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters

Star Wars quotes

Sock puppets (or monkeys)

People who use the word "magnificent"

Anything aired on HBO not staring Warwick Davis

People who don't get the gist of what I am saying, unless I use "air quotes"!

People who always have a "buddy" that does that for them. Ya sure ya do. You just know everyone don't ya?

Sounds like you might have some anger issues to work out and should speak to a counselor. I have a buddy you could talk to...