Pet Peeves- List them

BringBackFergy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When someone younger than me calls me "bud," or "chief," or "big guy," or anything equally as condescending.

Bad grammar.

Loud eating.

Invasion of my personal space.

Pants hanging low enough to see someone's boxers, or even worse, one's ass.

When people don't pick up their feet when walking.

Open-mouth gum chewing (this one makes me want to punch a nun in the face).

Bad fishing etiquette (tending to my tip-up or casting in my casting area, etc.).

Seeing someone smoking a cigarette in a car with a child in the same car.

As you can see, I'm very easy to get along with.

Edited by Fig Newtons

People who drive slow in the passing lane.

People who don't pay attention to their children when at the playground.

People at work who insist on sharing gossip with me....I DONT GIVE A :censored: !!

People who say "irregardless."

People who pay with personal checks at the grocery store. Really, who the :censored: doesn't have a debit card in 2013?!?!

People who have kids with rotten teeth. Inexcusable.

People who physically discipline their children in public.

People who talk on their phone using their bluetooth ear pieces. To quote the best comedian ever, George Carlin, "hey space boy...since your hands are free why don't you reach over here and fondle my balls?"

6) The fact that Kelly McGillis (Top Gun, blonde) is a lesbian sucks...not really a pet peeve but a general gripe I guess

7) when the gas price is $3.929...that extra little 9 always pisses me off

8) When my dog licks his nuts...that ticks me off...lucky bastard

People who drive slow in the passing lane.

People who don't pay attention to their children when at the playground.

People at work who insist on sharing gossip with me....I DONT GIVE A :censored: !!

People who say "irregardless."

People who pay with personal checks at the grocery store. Really, who the :censored: doesn't have a debit card in 2013?!?!

People who have kids with rotten teeth. Inexcusable.

People who physically discipline their children in public.

People who talk on their phone using their bluetooth ear pieces. To quote the best comedian ever, George Carlin, "hey space boy...since your hands are free why don't you reach over here and fondle my balls?"

The bluetooth thing kills me.

When someone younger than me calls me "bud," or "chief," or "big guy," or anything equally as condescending.

Bad grammar.

Loud eating.

Invasion of my personal space.

Pants hanging low enough to see someone's boxers, or even worse, one's ass.

When people don't pick up their feet when walking.

Open-mouth gum chewing (this one makes me want to punch a nun in the face).

Bad fishing etiquette (tending to my tip-up or casting in my casting area, etc.).

Seeing someone smoking a cigarette in a car with a child in the same car.

As you can see, I'm very easy to get along with.

The "tip up" thing is a definite no no.

Pretentious people

People who look at me at and will make remarks or reactions based on me wearing dirty Dickies and a ratted up tee shirt - as if white trash. I often laugh at them.

Fat people on Rascals who just move around without paying attention to people or being courteous. I have slammed my cart in to them before.

Smokers who just throw their butts on their ground when done. I have stopped them before to ask them pick up their trash.

People who smoke at gas stations while filling. I have yelled at them and/or asked them to put it out.

...I will end up shot one day for doing this stuff. I guess so far my intimidation factor has helped.

I can understand this being an annoyance...but does it happen enough to be a "pet peeve". Judges?

Hard to say because I don't know what rascals is. Some sort of store?? Hang on I need to flick out this butt...

A Rascal is a 90's version of the "Hover Round" (Scooter)

Hard to say because I don't know what rascals is. Some sort of store?? Hang on I need to flick out this butt...

I give it a thumbs up for the ballsiness of the response to the driver of the Rascal

Seeing blue Handicapped Parking hangers on rear view mirrors while the person is driving...thus creating a visual handicap by obscuring their view, and breaking the law by not removing them while driving (See the last six words at the bottom of every blue hanger!)

Watching people use their turn signals to tell me "what they just did" rather than what they intend to do.

Using the word "bring" instead of the word "take." For example, "I'll bring them to the store" when neither the speaker nor listener is at the store. Use the word TAKE for Christ sake!

I've got to rest now....

Rudeness...

I don't care if you are a man, woman or child. When I hold the door open for you say 'thanks'. If you don't and there are a series of doors you can expect me to get through the next one(s) quickly without opening the door fully (I know, this could be considered rudeness on my part).

I don't care if you are a man, woman or child. When you go through a door take a quick look over your shoulder. If someone is following closely then hold the door for them. I guarantee this won't ruin your day or throw you off your schedule.

When I thank you for ringing me up at the grocery store etc. I do expect you to say "You're welcome." and I'll stand in front of you until you do (I know, this could be considered rudeness on my part but I can't help it). If you don't respond I'll again say "Thank you" and I'll help you with some hand gestures to prompt you to say "You're welcome."

Idiot drivers.

Let me take a moment to tell you what would fix this country's roadways:

• Upon receipt of a license you are also given a gun with one bullet.
  • Every other driver has a gun with one bullet.
  • You use your bullet against any bad driver of your choice, but once used you never get another. The bullet has built in mechanisms ensuring that you cannot fire it at someone while outside of your car.
  • The end result is really bad drivers will be killed off quickly while !@#$ drivers will be prompted to drive more courteously else they be popped in the noggin.

Seeing blue Handicapped Parking hangers on rear view mirrors while the person is driving...thus creating a visual handicap by obscuring their view, and breaking the law by not removing them while driving (See the last six words at the bottom of every blue hanger!)

Watching able bodied people with placards park in handicapped spots and then skip into the store.

Rudeness...

I don't care if you are a man, woman or child. When I hold the door open for you say 'thanks'. If you don't and there are a series of doors you can expect me to get through the next one(s) quickly without opening the door fully (I know, this could be considered rudeness on my part).

I don't care if you are a man, woman or child. When you go through a door take a quick look over your shoulder. If someone is following closely then hold the door for them. I guarantee this won't ruin your day or throw you off your schedule.

When I thank you for ringing me up at the grocery store etc. I do expect you to say "You're welcome." and I'll stand in front of you until you do (I know, this could be considered rudeness on my part but I can't help it). If you don't respond I'll again say "Thank you" and I'll help you with some hand gestures to prompt you to say "You're welcome."

Idiot drivers.

Let me take a moment to tell you what would fix this country's roadways:

• Upon receipt of a license you are also given a gun with one bullet.
  • Every other driver has a gun with one bullet.
  • You use your bullet against any bad driver of your choice, but once used you never get another. The bullet has built in mechanisms ensuring that you cannot fire it at someone while outside of your car.
  • The end result is really bad drivers will be killed off quickly while !@#$ drivers will be prompted to drive more courteously else they be popped in the noggin.

Watching able bodied people with placards park in handicapped spots and then skip into the store.

In the same vein as the "holding door open" issue (and I always hold the door open) is the idea of just walking down the street or in the mall. My wife and I both laugh at the fact that some people just walk straight and we always seem to be the ones who move out of the way. It should be a mutual decision...when you see others walking toward you, there should be part movement on their part and part movement by me. We always have to move out of the way of some people...my wife and I have discussed this at length and our conclusion is 1) we are too considerate of others or 2) other people are boneheads and don't care about anyone else in front of them.

Rudeness...

Reminds me of the day, years ago, walking into the mall with my son (maybe 3 years old at the time), with a man with his son (about 8 or 9 years old) in front of us. He opened the door, saw me, yet still allowed the door to close in front of me. So I said, "that's a nice example to show your son," to which he replied, "phuck you," to which I said, "even better."

My son (now 9) holds the door open for 100% of people within 15 feet. One of many things that makes me proud.

In the same vein as the "holding door open" issue (and I always hold the door open) is the idea of just walking down the street or in the mall. My wife and I both laugh at the fact that some people just walk straight and we always seem to be the ones who move out of the way. It should be a mutual decision...when you see others walking toward you, there should be part movement on their part and part movement by me. We always have to move out of the way of some people...my wife and I have discussed this at length and our conclusion is 1) we are too considerate of others or 2) other people are boneheads and don't care about anyone else in front of them.

Next time you should try stopping. That would force rude people to move out of the way.

--Smokers with kids in cars

--Restaurants that haven't figured out the art of the cheeseburger yet.

--Rag armed qb's

--People that leave yelp reviews for Rallys/Mcdonalds fast food type establishments (stumbled across some hilarious ones while looking for a rally's in my new neighborhood last night)

--overpriced cocktails