Pet Peeves- List them

BringBackFergy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who put some kind of police decal/badge on the back of their car or rear license plate. You know, the ones that say they donated to the widow's and orphan's fund or whatever benevolent association is out there. They should get two tickets for thinking that will get them off of a stupid act they pull on the road.

Seeing something in trash that could be in recycling.

Not putting on new toliet paper ...just setting a new roll out.

People get mad @ me when I say that they really aren't "recycling"... That they are just sorting the trash for the waste disposal company or whoever collects it. Heck, how do we know where it ends up? They might just toss it all in the same dumpster anyway! We have those big garbage/recycling toters (through a private company) since the first of last year. Every other week is "recycling week:" Heck, watch the way they use a one guy team to drive and pick the toter up with the truck... A large number of the "recyclables" end up on the ground anyway... And they just drive off.

Sorry to be so cynical CGF... I still sort my garbage w/the best of them out there. Heck, I will even run some plastic items through the dishwasher first! LoL...

;-) :-P

People who pay with personal checks at the grocery store. Really, who the :censored: doesn't have a debit card in 2013?!?!

This is case by case. What the person is buying and doing. Is it really that much slower?

Maybe they aren't as well off and floating a check till a deposit clears. It usually takes 2 days for a paper check to clear if it drafted with an outside bank. Most supermarkets allow people to write over w/cash back. I know it isn't exactly legal... But if it buys the person time to cover it... So be it. Better than food stamps or incurring a back breaking overdraft fee on the almost instant debit transaction. You can say, why not just wait... Maybe they can't and have to get food to get through. Again, that is where case by case comes in. Are they buying baby formula? Are they buying 6 bags of Cheetos and 3 40 dogs of Old English.

People get mad @ me when I say that they really aren't "recycling"... That they are just sorting the trash for the waste disposal company or whoever collects it. Heck, how do we know where it ends up? They might just toss it all in the same dumpster anyway! We have those big garbage/recycling toters (through a private company) since the first of last year. Every other week is "recycling week:" Heck, watch the way they use a one guy team to drive and pick the toter up with the truck... A large number of the "recyclables" end up on the ground anyway... And they just drive off.

Check out Ricky Recycle Bin! :lol:

I forgot two:

1) Weathermen and Weatherbabes who are allotted 18 minutes of a 30 minute newsbroadcast for "current weather, tonight's weather, 3 day forecast, 7 day forecast, the weather on this day in 1889, barometric pressure, temp, accumulations, weather in China, Alaska and other places I don't care about and jetstream forecast for the following January".....and then, after 18 minutes of listening to utter nonsense and corny jokes....they get the entire thing wrong.

2) Those twist tie security straps that they install on the cardboard backing of toys and other objects. I remember buying a toilet paper holder for our renovation project....a toilet paper holder. It had about 10 twist tie straps installed on the packaging to prevent desperate people from shoplifting this item.

2) Those twist tie security straps that they install on the cardboard backing of toys and other objects. I remember buying a toilet paper holder for our renovation project....a toilet paper holder. It had about 10 twist tie straps installed on the packaging to prevent desperate people from shoplifting this item.

Worser than that...those indestructible plastic packages that you need a set of bolt cutters to get into. I damn near sliced my thumb off opening one of those packages.

Oh...and posters who steal other poster's user names.

Oh...and posters who constantly B word about board moderation and fellow posters yet come back time after time only to B word some more.

Worser than that...those indestructible plastic packages that you need a set of bolt cutters to get into. I damn near sliced my thumb off opening one of those packages.

Oh...and posters who steal other poster's user names.

Oh...and posters who constantly B word about board moderation and fellow posters yet come back time after time only to B word some more.

I actually did cut my leg open on one of those on Christmas morning. My son received walkie talkies one year from Santa, I got my jack knife out and started to slice open the packaging and straight into my leg (dumb on my part but wtf do we need military grade plastic to secure two $4.95 worth of imported radios)

Self checkout counters. Takes jobs away from people and I get no discount for doing it my self.

I avoid them. When at a store and they have a person to direct you to the self checkout I tell them I do not use them so I can save your job.

I have got to agree. I really hate all bumper stickers. The only recent bumper sticker I had was a bumber sticker making fun of people who have OBX bumper stickers (which I custom made).

I would also add that I am not a fan of Jesus fish on cars, but I especially hate the Darwin fish. The Darwin fish is an illogical rebuttal to the Jesus fish, which has nothing to do with creationism/evolution.

You'd hate me - I have a Flying Spaghetti Monster on my car......

The one bumper sticker I love says "My kid beat up your Honor Student"

Ha, seen those. They're not as bad as the actual Honor Student ones, but still a "look at me!" thing.

There's a time and place for making a display of one's personality, and I just don't understand why so many people think the morning commute is that time and place. Driving is a venture of utility. I think I'm sensitive to it because here in Ithaca there's an average of about 5 on each car.

Green eco vegetarians for world peace!

Hands off my uterus!

I get my crunchy granola at the Organic Mule Poop Farm!

COEXIST!

Bush lied, Millions died!

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

People who always have something to say about what you are talking about. Even if you were not talking to them. They are also the ones who know it all. They have did everything and have did it better than you will ever do it. It doesn't matter if it is something that I know they haven't ever did before. I feel like just turning around and popping them in the nose. I work with a guy that has been out of school for about 10 years but too listen to him he has had 55 jobs because everytime I'm talking about some job he has had that job and knows how to do it better than some one that has been doing the job for 35 years. Well I'm getting off my soap box now. GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be so cynical CGF... I still sort my garbage w/the best of them out there. Heck, I will even run some plastic items through the dishwasher first! LoL...

;-) :-P

Those pieces that get left on the ground go

right back in my bin.

RE washing plastic dishes,I used to rinse out

my coffee filters...let them dry and add to the

recycle. after all they are paper...BUT they made

me mad collapsing and causing grounds in

the coffee so I bought a filter that fits inside and

now I don't have grounds in the coffee or filters

in recycling.

People who always have something to say about what you are talking about. Even if you were not talking to them. They are also the ones who know it all. They have did everything and have did it better than you will ever do it. It doesn't matter if it is something that I know they haven't ever did before. I feel like just turning around and popping them in the nose. I work with a guy that has been out of school for about 10 years but too listen to him he has had 55 jobs because everytime I'm talking about some job he has had that job and knows how to do it better than some one that has been doing the job for 35 years. Well I'm getting off my soap box now. GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!

We call those guys "toppers"...they can always top your story. I am with you on the annoyance level...it's unbearable.