Pet Peeves- List them

BringBackFergy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who always have something to say about what you are talking about. Even if you were not talking to them. They are also the ones who know it all. They have did everything and have did it better than you will ever do it. It doesn't matter if it is something that I know they haven't ever did before. I feel like just turning around and popping them in the nose. I work with a guy that has been out of school for about 10 years but too listen to him he has had 55 jobs because everytime I'm talking about some job he has had that job and knows how to do it better than some one that has been doing the job for 35 years. Well I'm getting off my soap box now. GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!

We could of been talking to you, but I don't think so. You might be smarter then me, though.

I know we covered the stick figure families, but pretty much any bumper stickers.

Me too. I think it looks tacky. Also I have never been moved to one political side or the other based on the bumper sticker on your beat up piece of **** vehicle. If you knew anything youd know that car is a fire risk every time you put on a turn signal

Check out Ricky Recycle Bin! :lol:

LoL...

Last time I was in WNY I was shocked how selective they are. They have been "recycling" (sorting) for ever it seems. Here, we didn't do this until 2012 and then everything that is paper, plastic, glass, or whatever gets tossed. The whole system of sorting in the name of recycling I guess can be my pet peeve... I do it anyway... But come on, it is ridiculous... Come on, in Cheektowaga, they won't take a pizza box and just leave it there... It "jams of there machine." LoL Like here in Illinois... Always has been a private company for decades picking up your garbage. We had a choice of 3 @ one time. 2012, the village goes w/Republic and the toters roll out... Price drops in half... Now, after the first year, prices are creeping back up. Hey wait... Aren't I sorting the garbage and there is only a one man crew? What a scam... If the price gets too high again, I am tossing everything in the regular toter and not even going to use the "recycling" one. No way I sort the garbage for them. They probably want my aluminum too... That gets kept by me and crushed... Once a year I take it in and get about 25 bucks...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

We call those guys "toppers"...they can always top your story. I am with you on the annoyance level...it's unbearable.

Well I call those guys "one-uppers", which is a way better term. Also, have I told you about the time I ran a four minute mile? It was in a car, but was still amazing.

People who do not use their turn signals when driving. Like it is optional or something. :censored:

:censored: Does it really take that much effort to signal your turns? It is pure sloth lazyness. I hope instant karma hits and all their remote controls cease functioning. Then I hope their power locks break. Then their electric pencil sharpener....

I actually did cut my leg open on one of those on Christmas morning. My son received walkie talkies one year from Santa, I got my jack knife out and started to slice open the packaging and straight into my leg (dumb on my part but wtf do we need military grade plastic to secure two $4.95 worth of imported radios)

People who use the term "jack knife." For crying out loud, it is 2013. It is a "pocket knife" or AR-15, both are equally as dangerous... ;-) ;-)

J/K...

You'd hate me - I have a Flying Spaghetti Monster on my car......

LoL... Me too... I have a alternate Sabres vinyl cutout, B w/sabre running through it AND Illinois & Michigan Canal plates. I took the thing to BFLO and everybody was trying to run me off the road! LoL!

Not sure if it was the canal plates or the Sabres logo? ;-)

Well I call those guys "one-uppers", which is a way better term. Also, have I told you about the time I ran a four minute mile? It was in a car, but was still amazing.

*Double take* Heyyyyy, did you just top me???

When my wife throws her back out and can't mow the lawn.... very frustrating.

Buy her a self propelled mower and tell her she doesn't have to bag it that week...use your brain. :thumbsup:

Those pieces that get left on the ground go

right back in my bin.

RE washing plastic dishes,I used to rinse out

my coffee filters...let them dry and add to the

recycle. after all they are paper...BUT they made

me mad collapsing and causing grounds in

the coffee so I bought a filter that fits inside and

now I don't have grounds in the coffee or filters

in recycling.

Not one of those gold filters made of mesh and plastic? Probably made in China? What kind of carbon footprint does making one of those entail? Then when it gets spent, the disposal vs. a million thin natural paper ones with organic coffee grounds... Ever see how they mine gold in China?

The paper filter will compost on down.

;-) ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

People who use the term "jack knife." For crying out loud, it is 2013. It is a "pocket knife" or AR-15, both are equally as dangerous... ;-) ;-)

J/K...

My "jack knife" is an "Old Timer" brand so I have to use the correct term...

Don't even get me started on assault weapons. I went and got my pistol permit in NY, bought a Glock 23 for sport, protection, etc. When I bought it 5 years ago it was made to hold 10 rounds (police officer magazines hold 15 I think). Now I am told that this is a banned assault weapon because it can hold more than 7... Lawmakers...big pet peeve.

Hot topic for me, at the moment: People who go to concerts and !@#$ around with their phones and talk through the whole show...

went to a show last night, the woman next to us talked on her phone through most of the show, next to her brain-dead husband...if she wasn't talking, she was standing in front of people, asking them to move for "just a sec" while she snapped a photo....at the end, I **** you not, she gets on her phone to tell whoever she was talking to that "they didn't do "9,999,999 Tears" I am so pissed..." My girlfriend, who was even more annoyed than I, turned to her and said "It was the first song they did! You missed a great show!"

I was at a show a few years back and was taking some pics (maybe three??) with my phone. The guy behind me said he was trying to watch the concert. I said "what's your email, I'll send them to you." WTF happened to having a sense of humor these days?!?

People who say(or type) "period" at the end of their statements......as if punctuating the fact that they shouldn't have been in a discussion about the issue in the first place.

Same here. Or using "definitely", "absolutely", or "without question" when the issue is far from definite, absolute or without question. There's such a huge chasm between having confidence in your argument and pretending as if there is no argument.