Pet Peeves- List them

BringBackFergy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being able to remember my first phone number but not some important (to me anyhow) peoples birthdays.

Living in another country, you get a ton of pet peeves. In many cases it is a culture thing... Living in Thailand ones.

Girls when you ask how much, say it's up to you. And then get mad.

Bathrooms are called toilets here

Thai's don't complain about each other (at least not in public) or they lose face, I think they repeat serenity now to themselves or something. They get mad if you get mad enough to complain about something. They say it doesn't matter (or Mai Peng rai) when it matters to you but they have no answer to your complaint or they just don't want to deal with it.

They pretend to understand you (in Thai or English) when you say something and they have no idea what you said they just want the agony of speaking with you to end.

They drive way worse than Americans. Period.

Cops are so low paid they only hassle you to get a bribe.

I could go on and on but I think that is enough.

People who move/visit another part of the country or another country and then B word that the social mores are not the same as whence they came from..

Security Deposit rate of return.

Just got fleeced for $300 due to a vine on the back of the house we just moved out(that was there when owners resided there for the record)

also for shed contents removal (all items in shed were landlords) never touched the thing.

Congrats on the fleecing. What a POS landlord.

Security Deposit rate of return.

Just got fleeced for $300 due to a vine on the back of the house we just moved out(that was there when owners resided there for the record)

also for shed contents removal (all items in shed were landlords) never touched the thing.

Congrats on the fleecing. What a POS landlord.

Sounds like you have ample grounds to refute???

Pet peeve: "Just spit my coffee all over my keyboard/monitor."

Sounds like you have ample grounds to refute???

Pet peeve: "Just spit my coffee all over my keyboard/monitor."

i think so, but in my refuting process she stated we paid rent late like clockwork over 3 years so according to her she let us slide on $1700 worth of late fees and will be sure to bring that up in court! ??

we were late once in a 3 year period.........i did advise her that her figure is about $1650 off or 895% incorrect but hey whatchagonnado?

some people are just aholes. nothing you can do.

nothing you can do.

If the landlord really did take advantage of you, grow some balls.

1. If the house is in VA, this may be useful:

http://www.vlas.org/documents/489281Security%20Deposit.pdf

Note, however, that the Virginia Residential Landlord Tenant Act (referred to as the "VRLTA" in the link) only applies to single family house rentals (as opposed to apartment complex rentals), if the landlord "rents more than ten houses in a county or more than four houses in a city." The link also states:

"If your rental is not covered by the VRLTA, there may be other state laws that apply to your situation."

2. You also might want to look at the link below. I've never heard of this outfit, so use it at your own risk, but if the info published in their link is accurate it sounds like it might be useful - - make sure you read and understand anything they ask you to sign:

http://securitydepositrefund.org/virginia-renters-rights-law.html

If the landlord really did take advantage of you, grow some balls.

1. If the house is in VA, this may be useful:

http://www.vlas.org/...ity Deposit.pdf

Note, however, that the Virginia Residential Landlord Tenant Act (referred to as the "VRLTA" in the link) only applies to single family house rentals (as opposed to apartment complex rentals), if the landlord "rents more than ten houses in a county or more than four houses in a city." The link also states:

"If your rental is not covered by the VRLTA, there may be other state laws that apply to your situation."

2. You also might want to look at the link below. I've never heard of this outfit, so use it at your own risk, but if the info published in their link is accurate it sounds like it might be useful - - make sure you read and understand anything they ask you to sign:

http://securitydepos...rights-law.html

thanks for the info.......i have shown her a bit of my balls.........i told her put the check in the mail before the end of the week or I will see your butt in court.............she lives out of town so this should be a hassle for her...........i do feel fleeced for sure with bogus charges.

Is this Wheel of Fortune?? I have a "T" and an "I"......is the word "tinsmith"???

Pay attention to the progression - - one more to go.

Guys who insist on grunting and groaning obnoxiously at the gym. We get it...you're feelin the burn buddy :thumbsup:

Guys at the gym.

The gym.

The.

The bigotry against indefinite articles is pitiful.

T

I

1. Drivers who don't signal when turning or changing lanes. Careless driving anyone?

2. Texting while driving. You trying to kill somebody? Put the phone down or pull over.

3. The ridiculous overuse of like and ya know. Speak English dammit!

4. People who use the rest room and don't FN wash their hands. Is your name Dick Germs?

5. People who come to work with a bad cold or the flu. Stay the flock home.

6. Kids who try calling me by my first name. I'm not your FN peer kid.

1. Drivers who don't signal when turning or changing lanes. Careless driving anyone?

2. Texting while driving. You trying to kill somebody? Put the phone down or pull over.

3. The ridiculous overuse of like and ya know. Speak English dammit!

4. People who use the rest room and don't FN wash their hands. Is your name Dick Germs?

5. People who come to work with a bad cold or the flu. Stay the flock home.

6. Kids who try calling me by my first name. I'm not your FN peer kid.

:lol: :lol:

- "I could care less". The correct phrase is "I COULDN'T care less". If you COULD care less, then you obviously care about the issue!

- Anyone over 16 with a faux hawk.

- "everything happens for a reason". No ****! Just say that you have nothing significant to say or don't reply at all.

- people who bring their baby to work to show their coworkers. I don't want to deal with your kid crying and/or running around while I'm trying to get work done. I get it, you procreated just like millions of others. Your baby is only interesting to you and possibly your close friends and family. To everyone else it is just another baby.