Pet Peeves- List them

BringBackFergy

Guys who insist on grunting and groaning obnoxiously at the gym. We get it...you're feelin the burn buddy :thumbsup:

Full disclosure: since I--and the other 80% of people at the gym at any given time--am completely muted-off from the world between my earbuds, I have virtually no idea what sounds are coming out of me. The one day my shuffle was low on batteries, I find myself releasing a rather audible grunt when I laid back to do decline bench. :blush:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girls at the gym who jack the treadmill gradation as high as it goes, and walk...while holding onto the monitor, thus negating the incline altogether.

Guys at the gym who walk over to the dumbbell rack, grab their dumbbells and proceed to do their exercise without moving, thus blocking anyone from accessing any of the dumbbells or replacing any of the dumbbells in the space in front of them.

People at the gym who don't have the balls to say "excuse me."

- People who do the wave at sporting events

- People who write checks at any kind of store

- People who let their kids misbehave in public places with the attitude that it is cute, or "kids will be kids"

- People who mis-use the word 'literally'

- Waiters/Waitresses who 'memorize' my order and don't write it down

- People I am behind in my car who who don't proceed into the intersection making a left hand turn and sit like idiots as the light turns

The.

The bigotry against indefinite articles is pitiful.

I think we've run that one to the ground.

Speaking of grammar, I have about a million pet peeves, starting with failure to use a comma in a serial description (I.e., "x,y, and z")-- gotta put that comma before the "and," IMO.

I think we've run that one to the ground.

Speaking of grammar, I have about a million pet peeves, starting with failure to use a comma in a serial description (I.e., "x,y, and z")-- gotta put that comma before the "and," IMO.

It's optional

...and hold on one cotton pickin second...what's with the comma after "and," above...what's the deal with that? You can end the sentence with "IMO" without a delay/pause comma after "and". If you must, however, you can put the comma after the quotation marks like this: ".....put the comma before the "and", IMO.

Edited by BringBackFergy

It's optional

...and hold on one cotton pickin second...what's with the comma after "and," above...what's the deal with that? You can end the sentence with "IMO" without a delay/pause comma after "and". If you must, however, you can put the comma after the quotation marks like this: ".....put the comma before the "and", IMO.

some say the comma is optional in a serial, but I do not. I also couldn't in good faith put a comma outside of quotation marks; that's crazy.

Bathrooms are called toilets here

I'm finding that a little ambiguous.

Do you mean that the room where the toilet is in, is called a toilet......or the room with the bath in it(and no toilet), is called a toilet?

I'm finding that a little ambiguous.

Do you mean that the room where the toilet is in, is called a toilet......or the room with the bath in it(and no toilet), is called a toilet?

I think that is what they mean? Being from WNY, bathroom and toilet were interchangeable. Public ones of course are restrooms... Here in the midwest, I have noticed they call them washrooms... Not sure if that a regional thing? Now on the truly odd, we have a public facility in a separate building located in a visitor's area @ my work. The restrooms/washrooms there is called, get ready for this, a "comfort station." LoL... WTF, that just sounds strange.