Pet Peeves- List them

BringBackFergy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a player is released from another team (especially if he is a bad player or ancient) someone will post the following:

" Ezekiel Toomuchapasta, LB, age 43, with torn ACL and blind in one eye was released by the Cincinnati Bengals today.....

interested?????"

Those idiotic stick figures that people put on thier cars to represent their family members. Who the hell cares that you have 3 kids 7 cats and a dog. Even worse are the disney themed ones where everyone has mickey mouse ears.

People who use the express lane in the grocery store and pay with a check, have a bunch of coupons, ask to have their items split into two transactions, or aren't prepared to pay once their items are scanned.

Vans with a "caution, show dogs on board" sign. Am I really supposed to drive more carefully around you due to the fact that you have a god damn show dog in you minivan?

People who have a cart full of brand name soda, pre made subs or meals, candy, and junk food and proceed to pay with their food stamp card.

Parents that bring their infant to a nice restaurant and don't remove the child if it starts crying and disturbing the other patrons.

Parking spots designated for "expectant mothers only". If you are in need of a special parking spot due to a health condition, get a handicapped sticker like everyone else. Just because you are 1 month pregnant doesn't mean you can't walk as far as the rest of the people at your employer.

Edited by chknwing334

fine just trying to appeal to the public............crown and coke is the correct term i normally would use.

cocktails! haaa

:D

Parking spots designated for "expectant mothers only". If you are in need of a special parking spot due to a health condition, get a handicapped sticker like everyone else. Just because you are 1 month pregnant doesn't mean you can't walk as far as the rest of the people at your employer.

Those bug the crap out of me too!!! Where's my broken down old man space?

Those idiotic stick figures that people put on thier cars to represent their family members. Who the hell cares that you have 3 kids 7 cats and a dog. Even worse are the disney themed ones where everyone has mickey mouse ears.

People who use the express lane in the grocery store and pay with a check, have a bunch of coupons, ask to have their items split into two transactions, or aren't prepared to pay once their items are scanned.

Vans with a "caution, show dogs on board" sign. Am I really supposed to drive more carefully around you due to the fact that you have a god damn show dog in you minivan?

People who have a cart full of brand name soda, pre made subs or meals, candy, and junk food and proceed to pay with their food stamp card.

Parents that bring their infant to a nice restaurant and don't remove the child if it starts crying and disturbing the other patrons.

Yes!!

1. People who cut in line. For me, this includes people who "join" somebody they know who is already in the line ahead of me. My significant other thinks the "joining" procedure is OK. I say the person who got there first should move to the back of the line if they want to stand with their friend. Sometimes when I park the car my significant other gets in a line, and then gets mad at ME for not cutting in line to join her. I would appreciate a ruling on this.

I shop at Costco fairly often, and it can get crowded, so:

2 (a). People who wait for 20 minutes in a line 8 cars deep to get to the gas pumps, and only start fumbling/searching for their Costco/payment cards after pulling up to the pump. WTF were they doing for 20 minutes? Extra credit for making me wait even longer while they yak on their cell phones before even STARTING to search for their cards, and for taking forever to get the hose into their tank because they pulled up to a pump on the opposite side of where their gas tank is.

2 (b). In a crowded aisle, standing with a cart cross-wise to the aisle, so that nobody can pass in either direction - - most police roadblocks are less effective.

3. Drivers who pull into the right turn only lane at a stop light and then "jump" the line by starting just before the light turns green.

4. Drivers who deliberately take up two parking spots. I once lived in an apartment building with underground parking where a guy constantly parked his shiny new expensive car close to the elevator in a diagonal way that always took up two spots. I eventually left a note on his windshield that if he kept doing that, he was gonna find all the air out of his tires some day. Problem solved.

It appears I have issues.

4. Drivers who deliberately take up two parking spots. I once lived in an apartment building with underground parking where a guy constantly parked his shiny new expensive car close to the elevator in a diagonal way that always took up two spots. I eventually left a note on his windshield that if he kept doing that, he was gonna find all the air out of his tires some day. Problem solved.

That one makes me nutso. I have to fight the urge to key those cars every time I see them.

1. People who cut in line. For me, this includes people who "join" somebody they know who is already in the line ahead of me. My significant other thinks the "joining" procedure is OK. I say the person who got there first should move to the back of the line if they want to stand with their friend. Sometimes when I park the car my significant other gets in a line, and then gets mad at ME for not cutting in line to join her. I would appreciate a ruling on this.

ManCode Section 432(b) states "If your girlfriend/wife got in line while you were parking the car, you can approach the others in line (those behind your girlfriend) and ask if it is ok for you to join her ahead of them. If all in line agree, join your girlfriend/wife. If they decline, politely ask your girlfriend or wife to join you at the end of the line because (and say this loudly) "these two a$$holes are too self absorbed to acknowledge that I actually asked permission to join you up front".

People who take forever at the ATM when there's a line of people waiting.

You're not going to solve the Greek debt crisis or prop up the monetary health of the Euro at the ATM - get your $40 and move on pal!

Experienced a father showing his "precious" daughter how to do her first ATM transaction last Friday...it took for freaking ever...and I was in a bit of a hurry...what was even more annoying, the father was talking very loud, so I would know that it was her first transaction, and presumably, think it was adorable...just annoying... talking her through every step...she was probably about 12 or 13, and I got the sense that the only one enjoying the whole thing was dad... I don't hate kids by any stretch, but I don't think everything the kid does is automatically precious.

Edited by Buftex

People who insist on having a loud prolonged conversation on their phones in public. Look, I understand if you get a call at the store (business/personal) and have to have a short talk. That being said, I really don't want to hear your inane commentary on Jill's relationship or spending 10 minutes in front of me asking question after question about who did what at the Oscar's last night. This happened to me today at the store. This woman was beyond obnoxious and when she mercifully hung up, I decided to mess with her.

I made my phone ring, put it to my ear and said in the most loud evil tone I could muster "In all my years I've learned one thing....you kill for a reason...and I don't see enough reason here."

She turned white lol

Edited by gomper

......people who "join" somebody they know who is already in the line ahead of me. My significant other thinks the "joining" procedure is OK. I say the person who got there first should move to the back of the line if they want to stand with their friend. Sometimes when I park the car my significant other gets in a line, and then gets mad at ME for not cutting in line to join her. I would appreciate a ruling on this.

yeah....that's a little loopy.

I have not seen these, but in NC there are several grocery stores with signs designating spots as "parking for parents with small children." I choose to ignore those suggestions.

Things like not recognizing/acknowledging basic common courtesy and butchering the English language will always be annoyances.

I guess when it comes right down to it, people in general just annoy the f**k out of me.

My major pet peeve at the moment is one which I would like everybody reading this thread to pay attention to.....

THEN & THAN

They are not interchangeable! :wallbash:

I would also like to add:

"COULD OF" is not correct, it's "COULD'VE"

Actually the phrase "Could of" makes no sense.