Tarvaris Jackson re-signs with Bills

scurdog1

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Not sure what to think just yet. I guess that is why having a new coahing staff makes all of this more interesting......we just don't know exactly what they have in mind yet.

Might mean they think all the QBs in the draft suck. That, or they are planning a massive cage fight match to decide the starter.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Does this mean that he's going to be inactive for the next 16 games?

Edit: Imagine how maddening it would be if T-Jax actually started and played well next year with Fitz as his backup. What a waste of last season!

Edited by Corp000085

Very interested to see quotes from Nix et al w/ regard to this. I'm guessing it'll be "chance to compete for the job". Can't think T-Jax would've re-signed this early without at least that promise. Also can't imagine the Bills would be dumb enough to sell him as much more than that. But I've been surprised before.

Most interesting implication of this is that it gives the Bills leverage/options with respect to Fitz. Is T-Jack really any worse? Bills likely want Fitz to restructure to save cap room and real cash. Cutting him saves tons of cash, but no cap room. With the added leverage of "we're happy to have TJ play caretaker while we develop a rookie", they might be able to get Fitz to agree to a restructure.

Bye Fitzpick and thiggy...

Like this move, keep him and draft a young guy

Its sounds like Fitz is staying

“I spoke with Ryan (Fitzpatrick) and Tarvaris (Jackson) and told them we will have an open competition at the quarterback position – similar to what we will do at all positions on our team heading into our offseason work,” said Marrone. “I believe that our players will embrace this challenge. We are looking forward to working with our players as we prepare for the 2013 season.”

QB Jackson re-signs with Bills

“I spoke with Ryan (Fitzpatrick) and Tarvaris (Jackson) and told them we will have an open competition at the quarterback position – similar to what we will do at all positions on our team heading into our offseason work,” said Marrone.

Ummm, that does NOT sound like they are ditching Fitz. Cue the freakout.

Hmm, recent Bills signings: Aaron Corp and Tavaris Jackson.

Let's compare last year's stats to see what each brings -- Oh wait -- there aren't any last years stats unless you count how often Jackson fumbled the clipboard and how quickly Corp was able to fill shopping bags.

That statistical information tells me that I give this one big yawn.

I am not sure what I think about Tavarius. He was absolutely awful in Minnisota. Decent at best in Seattle. For what it's worth on NFL Radio they were discussing whether or not to release Fitz. The consensus was they would be terrified to have Tavarius or Thigpen have to see game time or start a string of games. Fitz should stay

Nobody should be surprised by this.

The guys who liked him enough to sign him in the first place are still here and they still like him.

He'll be given the same opportunity to compete as the other QB's on the roster will be.

If it weren't for Fitzpatrick's contract, I'd say T-Jack is the one QB I'd be okay with the Bills keeping around as a backup - now, Fitz, at 2-3 million a year would be a good backup, but at his current cap hit, I just don't know - maybe this is Marone's way of telling Fitz to restructure or its over? We'll see how it plays out. I think, though, it looks more and more likely the Bills won't be getting a QB until round 2-3, which means it'll definitely be an open competition.

This team is a joke. So we have our quarterbacks for 2013. Fitz, TJax and Aaron Corps. Wow? I guess clueless Buddy Nix wanted to try to save face for giving up a draft pick for Jackson and never having him active on game day? Looks like another dismal, losing, normal Bills season in 2013. Can it get any more depressing? If it a true "open competition" like Marone says it will be, even though he sucks, TJax would beat out Fitz. Let's hope so, because if Fitz is the better of the two, God, I don't even want to think about it.

Edited by BuffBill

This team is a joke. So we have our quarterbacks for 2013. Fitz, TJax and Aaron Corps. Wow? I guess clueless Buddy Nix wanted to try to save face for giving up a draft pick for Jackson and never having him active on game day? Looks like another dismal, losing, normal Bills season in 2013. Can it get any more depressing?

Who has said that they will be our 3 QBs for 2013?