Tarvaris Jackson re-signs with Bills

scurdog1

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

67 Turnovers in 3 years (Ints + fumbles lost)...67! How is it even possible that any Bills fan could want this guy back? B-)

He's a "Buffalo guy" .... apparently some people like to pay good money to watch a guy looks like someone at the bar next to them munching wings and slurping genny cream.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

No they weren't

Oh, I get it perfectly fine wise guy, I just think you are wrong. I don't believe in "garbage time stats", it's a bunch of bunk to fit your argument.

Define garbage time? Because a team is losing they are just supposed to give up and not try? Or because a team is winning they don't try either? garbage time stats is crap. Garbage time to me is 1:10 to go in the 4th quarter and the score is 41-3 and the loser team gets an oh by the way TD to make the score 41-10. That's garbage time, not like you seem to think, where the score is 35-20 with 10:00 to go in the 3rd quarter and anything after that is "garbage time". No!

Not sticking up for Fitz, but please, take your garbage time stats and shove em.

"Garbage time" for you may start with 1:10 to go in the 4th, but I don't think Fitz shares your ideals. :lol:

He's only had six or seven game-winning drives his whole career, and that's not likely to improve.

I applaud your "never quit" attitude, but what we're talking about is a game that's 31-10 by late 3rd/early 4th, and a QB who JUST threw a PICK-SIX the other way.

The series BEFORE the Pick, that same QB went three-and-out by overthrowing a reciever inside his own 40. -It Should've been an INT, but it didn't matter because the opposing team drove down for a FG.

Now, Instead of trying to work the sidelines, save clock, and move the chains, he completes a 2 yarder to a RB, inside the hash-marks and with two LB's bearing-down on him.

The quarterback's play here is clearly "GARBAGE", and his use of the clock, has resulted in his team having less "TIME" to effect the game's outcome... Hence, "Garbage-Time". - A point late in the game where the only thing helped by a pitiful 2 yarder is the QB's completion percentage... :lol:

By the way... The RB got NAILED, and is limping to the sideline, he may be out for WEEKS.

CUT FITZ!

Edited by #34fan

67 Turnovers in 3 years (Ints + fumbles lost)...67! How is it even possible that any Bills fan could want this guy back? B-)

Well.....turnovers are exciting plays......that makes Fitz an excitement machine!!!! :w00t:

Hang on....my logic is flawed there somewhere isn't it? :huh:

I don't think that's quite likely that TJax wouldn't get any offers anywhere else, Billsbum.

I think TJax would likely have gotten several reasonable offers from teams looking to improve at the backup QB position. I think what kept him here is the magical lure of the phrase "open competition" and the feeling that with the regime change, Fitz is no longer entrenched as the incumbent starter.

Actually there was a good chance the Jets were going to sign him to compete for the starting QB job in NY.

I see from your link that Idzik (along with Carroll) was probably instrumental in bringing Jackson to Seattle.

It makes sense.

Danke.

Anytime. I'd also like to point out in Jacksons last season with significant playing time, he had a meh year,but he did it with a torn pec. Jackson is a tough dude.

Jackson IMO is the best QB option we have for this year. This is what I've been saying for awhile. No QB in this year's draft is worth drafting and there isn't a FA QB worth signing. So rather than wasting money and time, just sign Jackson and have him compete for the starting spot and hopefully he'll come out on top.

Jackson IMO is the best QB option we have for this year. This is what I've been saying for awhile. No QB in this year's draft is worth drafting and there isn't a FA QB worth signing. So rather than wasting money and time, just sign Jackson and have him compete for the starting spot and hopefully he'll come out on top.

You're not alone in this opinion. I just wonder what non-mediocre body of work you base it on.

careful what you wish for. the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Nothing on Joe B's report on the contract details:

http://www.wgr550.co...tentId=12421698

1.75MM, no signing bonus, no guaranteed money.

Should we cancel the end of the universe party yet?

Why'd you say "nothing on Joe B's report on contract details" when his report included the contract details?

Nothing on Joe B's report on the contract details:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/15566781.php?contentType=4&contentId=12421698

1.75MM, no signing bonus, no guaranteed money.

Should we cancel the end of the universe party yet?

Ahhh, thank God. The world makes sense again.

I always imagined the contract to be for about 2M, and the 4.5M figure was if he achieved escalators based on starts and production, etc.

Apparently 1.75m is the max

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3708/tarvaris-jackson

More details:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/19/official-jackson-numbers-left-out-signing-bonus-incentives/

As officially recorded, it’s a one-year, $1.75 million deal with no guaranteed money or incentives. In reality, the deal includes a $500,000 signing bonus (which already has been paid) and incentives that could earn Jackson another $2.25 million, if he takes 65 percent of the snaps on offense.

More specifically, Jackson will get an extra $500,000 if he takes half of the snaps in 2013. He’ll get an additional $750,000 if he takes 60 percent of the snaps. And he’ll pick up another $1 million if he takes 65 percent of the snaps.

In all, it’s a $2.25 million package with $2.25 million in available incentives. The guarantee is $500,000.