Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys it is really this simple-

Do you want someone naive enough to fall for this?

Or do you want someone who was in on it and used death to benefit them?

I do not want a guy like this on my team in any round.

I honestly wouldn't care in either scenario, if he was an unholy terror on an NFL football field for the Buffalo Bills. Are you serious? If he could dominate at the LB position the way Tom Brady dominates at the QB position, and he was doing it for the Bills, I'm all in.

Having said that, I firmly believe Te'o is not capable of that type of performance in the NFL, so I don't want him for that reason.

When his team of children finally caught up monster men in the Championship Game, they were not just badly beaten--they were outclassed.

And Te'o looked as outclassed as anyone on the field. He seemed physically small and was slow relative to the competition. How is the guy going to compete on a high level in the NFL where everyone is bigger, faster, and stronger than Alabama?

Athletes get trick everyday (see the 30 for 30 "Broke") they are no different then anybody else , the elderly get trick by phone scams , people get tricked by Wallstreet Brokers but we don't crucify them

he is a young guy, raised in a small community in Hawaii, under a strict religion so he could be that naive that doesn't make him a bad person

But if he was in on it, I don't draft him based solely on character

If I had to guess I'd say Manti Te'o is probably gay. This whole thing is a cover up.

Imagine being a young star in college and having all types of women coming after you all the time. On top of that, his boys probably asked him why he doesn't mess with these girls. What do you do to avoid all the pressure if you're gay and don't want to come out? Pretend you have a girlfriend!

It's obvious to me.

This is the best explanation I've read or heard.

Ask me if I want a guy who may have stabbed two people. I think the Ravens are OK with that seeing as they are playing Sunday.

If he leads us to the playoffs, he can have as many fake dead girlfriends as he wants.

http://deadspin.com/...?tag=manti-te.o

The first credible challenge to the dual twitter necro-beard theory.

From this article:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The debate among teammates wasn't whether or not Manti actually knew this girl - it was clear that they had been in contact; no, players just didn't think that it was fair to call Lennay Kekua Manti's girlfriend, period (it is well-known on campus that he has had relations with other girls during his time at Notre Dame). They recognized what was going on for what it was - a terrible publicity stunt used to fuel Manti Te'o's Heisman campaign. In fact, many of the players privately commented that they didn't want the students to wear leis in support of Manti and wouldn't participate themselves - they cited that the team never responded so publicly to tragic events for other players. But there was also the feeling that Manti didn't deserve to benefit from publicity from the death of somebody he barely knew.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If it's true that Te'o has had relationship with other girls on campus and just used "Lennay's" death for publicity purpose, it'll look even worse for him.

This is what we will find out in the days ahead. That he was scammed, but he found out much sooner than he let on, like September of 2012 and not December 6th...and that he absolutely continued to play along in a deceitful manner for his own personal publicity and benefit.

Seems more logical to me that instead of finding out long ago and continuing the story for personal benefit (as in he wanted peope to feel sorry for him so he kept it up), he found out earlier and didn't say anything out of embarrasment and fear of what the story would turn into if people found out (hmmm...).

This is the best explanation I've read or heard.

This theory is original beard theory. We've moved on to Twitter Subordinate Satellite Necro-Beard Theory.

WTF is a necro-beard and what is the beard theory??

Necro-Beard was an expansion of original beard theory wherein a man might seek to hide his homosexual identity by engaging in a relationship with a woman (ie: marrying Nicole Kidman). Twitter Necro-Beard theory evolved from this concept but supposed that a man may engage in a relationship with a fictional woman existing only as an online profile, thus giving the impression of a real long distance relationship. If a man were to carry on the Twitter-Beard relationship too long without meeting in person, it would arouse suspicion. Necro-Beard involves the untimely demise of this fictional woman, giving the closeted man a long grieving window and an excuse not to pursue other women indefinitely.

We've now moved on to include the possibility of many satellite beards, both fictional and breathing. According to teammates, Manti was seeing one or more girls on ND's campus. These satellite beards may exist but in a subordinate nature to the primary twitter beard, thus giving the impression of an adulterous heterosexual male.

We cannot, however, rule out the possibility of Surreptitious Twitter Necro-Beard or Surreptitious Twitter Subordinate Satellite Necro-Beard theories, where Manti is the victim of a hoax but still used the online relationship, possibly in unison with other beards, to his advantage to avoid suspicion. In other words, Manti may have had no knowledge that his beard was fake.

Edited by Jauronimo

Ha ha ha!

So whoever got the Lennay twitter handle is having some fun...

L K @LennayKay

My statement: This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but I have been told by Alabama's offense that Manti Te'o is not real.

Just because people say he's had many girlfriends doesn't mean it's true or that Manti even enjoyed his "time" with said girls.

I just can't see any other motivation behind this story. It defeats all logic.

Just because people say he's had many girlfriends doesn't mean it's true or that Manti even enjoyed his "time" with said girls.

I just can't see any other motivation behind this story. It defeats all logic.

Thus the multi-faceted subordinate satellite beard theory. What don't you understand?

This theory is original beard theory. We've moved on to Twitter Subordinate Satellite Necro-Beard Theory.

Necro-Beard was an expansion of original beard theory wherein a man might seek to hide his homosexual identity by engaging in a relationship with a woman (ie: marrying Nicole Kidman). Twitter Necro-Beard theory evolved from this concept but supposed that a man may engage in a relationship with a fictional woman existing only as an online profile, thus giving the impression of a real long distance relationship. If a man were to carry on the Twitter-Beard relationship too long without meeting in person, it would arouse suspicion. Necro-Beard involves the untimely demise of this fictional woman, giving the closeted man a long grieving window and an excuse not to pursue other women indefinitely.

We've now moved on to include the possibility of many satellite beards, both fictional and breathing. According to teammates, Manti was seeing one or more girls on ND's campus. These satellite beards may exist but in a subordinate nature to the primary twitter beard, thus giving the impression of an adulterous heterosexual male.

We cannot, however, rule out the possibility of Surreptitious Twitter Necro-Beard or Surreptitious Twitter Subordinate Satellite Necro-Beard theories, where Manti is the victim of a hoax but still used the online relationship, possibly in unison with other beards, to his advantage to avoid suspicion. In other words, Manti may have had no knowledge that his beard was fake.

thank you for clearing that up

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/17/manti-teo-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-scandal-hoax-notre-dame-photo-girlfriend/

More new info - more people duped by tuiasosopo. A bit of info about someone associated with notre dame getting sucked in after the death trying to raise awareness, some info on the sisters twitter account, some info on real life meetings with tuiasosopo - including using a child in the meeting to verify his stories.

matches the 2008 stories that tuiasosopo would show up to meetings set up for his fake accounts with stories about how (in this case the sister) couldnt be there.

also, fake photos at the fake grave. a story that the previously mentioned child was in the hospital and an address of a family member to send flowers to.

the phone that lannay's sister would use is registered to tuiasosopos father

Edited by NoSaint

Wait a minute. Keith Urban is gay?

Now the Arizona Cardinals Fullback Reagan Mauia, is claiming the girl is real and he knew her. This gets stranger by the minute.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was... I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/arizona-cardinals-fullback-manti-te-os-fake-girlfriend-051106606--ncaaf.html

Now the Arizona Cardinals Fullback Reagan Mauia, is claiming the girl is real and he knew her. This gets stranger by the minute.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was... I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/arizona-cardinals-fullback-manti-te-os-fake-girlfriend-051106606--ncaaf.html

W. T. F.