Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This theory is original beard theory. We've moved on to Twitter Subordinate Satellite Necro-Beard Theory.

Necro-Beard was an expansion of original beard theory wherein a man might seek to hide his homosexual identity by engaging in a relationship with a woman (ie: marrying Nicole Kidman). Twitter Necro-Beard theory evolved from this concept but supposed that a man may engage in a relationship with a fictional woman existing only as an online profile, thus giving the impression of a real long distance relationship. If a man were to carry on the Twitter-Beard relationship too long without meeting in person, it would arouse suspicion. Necro-Beard involves the untimely demise of this fictional woman, giving the closeted man a long grieving window and an excuse not to pursue other women indefinitely.

We've now moved on to include the possibility of many satellite beards, both fictional and breathing. According to teammates, Manti was seeing one or more girls on ND's campus. These satellite beards may exist but in a subordinate nature to the primary twitter beard, thus giving the impression of an adulterous heterosexual male.

We cannot, however, rule out the possibility of Surreptitious Twitter Necro-Beard or Surreptitious Twitter Subordinate Satellite Necro-Beard theories, where Manti is the victim of a hoax but still used the online relationship, possibly in unison with other beards, to his advantage to avoid suspicion. In other words, Manti may have had no knowledge that his beard was fake.

My head just exploded. Sorry I asked!

thanks for the link

man that one woman who posed as a male medical student and duped that other woman FOR FOUR YEARS (!!) seems openly proud of what shes done. unreal

yea - when i first heard about stuff it was mind blowing to ponder the psychology on both sides. to fall for it sometimes for years, and the amount of time/energy/effort it takes to keep up the fake as well....

its just totally crazy when you delve in and read up on it.

The story gets even more interesting as media outlets are now reporting that T'eo was going to "come clean" as early as today since the hoax was caving in on him fast. Deadspin beat him to the punch so to speak...so now T'eo looks even more like a liar and a big idiot.

Why can I not understand any of these articles?

Join the club!

I spent 6 hours liberty in Samoa (refuel destroyer) what a hot tropical paradise it was. (1972)

Yeah, you've been implicated in this thing already.

i can see WHY people do it, what with our culture so completely obsessed with beauty these ugly/average people often get zero positive attention. scamming someone else allows you to be someone else, at least within the scam. of course that doesnt make it right by a long stretch, but at least theres a pathetic explanation

im just shocked how that woman seemed actually proud of it, at least not shameful. i couldnt do that kind of thing in the first place, but then when you get busted youd think some kind of inner conscience would take over. i guess not

The story gets even more interesting as media outlets are now reporting that T'eo was going to "come clean" as early as today since the hoax was caving in on him fast. Deadspin beat him to the punch so to speak...so now T'eo looks even more like a liar and a big idiot.

except that "coming clean" was admitting he was tricked. this isnt new, this was shared at notre dames press conference last night.

Now the Arizona Cardinals Fullback Reagan Mauia, is claiming the girl is real and he knew her. This gets stranger by the minute.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was... I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

http://sports.yahoo....606--ncaaf.html

Old news...

i can see WHY people do it, what with our culture so completely obsessed with beauty these ugly/average people often get zero positive attention. scamming someone else allows you to be someone else, at least within the scam. of course that doesnt make it right by a long stretch, but at least theres a pathetic explanation

I agree. And how about the huge % of people who just can't wait to see the carnage of the 'scandal', as though having someone in the public eye torn to shreads is somehow entertainment or a personal victory.

Just look at all the posts in this thread (and the Lance Armstrong thread), salivating over the prospect of T'eo having to "come clean" or be forced to "confess" some possible transgression. And that's even before anyone knows what actually happened. It's a sick, sad world.

That investigators dug into it and are backing teo in that he was hoaxed and that they found evidence of said hoax which appears in a report I imagine will soon be released in some form? That was allll missing from deadspins report. Those are big details.

Those aren't details. We don't know anything about what 'digging' into it is. It's a statement that is not new

I agree. And how about the huge % of people who just can't wait to see the carnage of the 'scandal', as though having someone in the public eye torn to shreads is somehow entertainment or a personal victory.

Just look at all the posts in this thread (and the Lance Armstrong thread), salivating over the prospect of T'eo having to "come clean" or be forced to "confess" some possible transgression. And that's even before anyone knows what actually happened. It's a sick, sad world.

yeah totally agree unfortunately

That's what the ND AD said in yesterday's PG PC. OK?

Those aren't details. We don't know anything about what 'digging' into it is. It's a statement that is not new

that notre dame had hired an investigator that produced a report that was reviewed by the school and family before the BCSCG is a pretty big detail that emerged yesterday afternoon after the deadspin article. that the school knew because teo brought it to them on dec 26th is a new detail.

im not sure if theres some argument of semantics that you are trying to make here that im just completely missing or what but yesterday evening those are new details to the story - even if we do not know the specifics of the report....

Edited by NoSaint