Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

A better paradox would be the one by Betrand Russell:

There is a town with just one barber, who is male. In this town every man keeps himself clean shaven. The barber is the man who shaves those in town and only those men in the town who do not shave themselves.

Who shaves the barber?

That is a good paradox. It's the last sentence that is tricky. It's a trick on the wording. The barber only shaves those who do not shave themselves. The second sentence and the later half of the last sentence have different intended meanings.

You may be right ....

Hoax mastermind Ronaiah Tuiasosopo’s pretty young cousin played the part of “Lennay Kekua,” the fake girlfriend he created, The Post has learned.

“Tino is the girl that Manti has been talking to all these months,” said a Tuiasosopo cousin.

The revelation shoots down claims by Ronaiah Tuiasosopo’s attorney, Milton Grimes, that Ronaiah altered his masculine voice to play the part of the chirpy, flirty Kekua.

Grimes did not respond to calls or e-mails for comment.

One of Ronaiah’s relatives believes Grimes put out the story because the admitted hoaxer “is determined to take the rap.”

http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/news/local/revealed_the_real_voice_of_fake_GfkurlQYJF0ZA6zzYtJmWI

Yes, for some reason, Ronaiah is determined to completely take the rap for this "hoax" without speaking one word. By keeping his mouth shut, he is not telling any lie. Therefore, by keeping his mouth shut, he will fail to incriminate anyone else in this matter and will not be responsible for any false statements he makes. What is at issue here is the motivation (*cough* Manti's soon to be large bank account *cough*) for Ronaiah to remain completely silent.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, for some reason, Ronaiah is determined to completely take the rap for this "hoax" without speaking one word. By keeping his mouth shut, he is not telling any lie. Therefore, by keeping his mouth shut, he will fail to incriminate anyone else in this matter and will not be responsible for any false statements he makes. What is at issue here is the motivation (*cough* Manti's soon to be large bank account *cough*) for Ronaiah to remain completely silent.

It's obvious that he is ready to fall on the sword with this one and doesn't want anyone else getting blamed. That much was obvious with the lawyer's statement. But now someone in the family steps up and ruins that by naming the cousin? God these people are stupid.

You may be right ....

Hoax mastermind Ronaiah Tuiasosopo's pretty young cousin played the part of "Lennay Kekua," the fake girlfriend he created, The Post has learned.

"Tino is the girl that Manti has been talking to all these months," said a Tuiasosopo cousin.

The revelation shoots down claims by Ronaiah Tuiasosopo's attorney, Milton Grimes, that Ronaiah altered his masculine voice to play the part of the chirpy, flirty Kekua.

Grimes did not respond to calls or e-mails for comment.

One of Ronaiah's relatives believes Grimes put out the story because the admitted hoaxer "is determined to take the rap."

http://m.nypost.com/...YJF0ZA6zzYtJmWI

Now Ronaiah Tuiasosopo cousin is involved....... Will this insanity just end

Now Ronaiah Tuiasosopo cousin is involved....... Will this insanity just end

Thing is it says she lives in Pago Pago, American Samoa, wouldn't cell phone bills be astronomically high chatting all night ? Although Te'o said to Couric he had some special phone to phone or something plan,I didn't really understand.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I wouldn't touch Teo at all, especially after watching that bull---- interview with Couric the other day. Now this Tuiasosopo is making his attorney look stupid. There is a huge piece missing here in this story, and Teo is involved much more than he keeps claiming. There is clearly a coverup

I wouldn't touch Teo at all, especially after watching that bull---- interview with Couric the other day. Now this Tuiasosopo is making his attorney look stupid. There is a huge piece missing here in this story, and Teo is involved much more than he keeps claiming. There is clearly a coverup

Whatever there is to come out, will come out. It just may take time. In T'eo's case, hopefully until after the draft. This thing is too big just to be cleanly swept under the rug. Yes, Ronaiah's lawyer really thinks we're idiots.

Thing is it says she lives in Pago Pago, American Samoa, wouldn't cell phone bills be astronomically high chatting all night ? Although Te'o said to Couric he had some special phone to phone or something plan,I didn't really understand.

They might have used a free long distance program like VoIP to keep costs down

its weird it seems as though, everybody at espn is willing to accept this at face value, to an odd level. nobody is willing to question this over there. i highly suspect that ND is involved in this cover up one way or another and knows the truth whether it be sexual orientation or for personal gain.

its weird it seems as though, everybody at espn is willing to accept this at face value, to an odd level. nobody is willing to question this over there. i highly suspect that ND is involved in this cover up one way or another and knows the truth whether it be sexual orientation or for personal gain.

It's strange that Ronaiah is just laying down and by default, is taking all the blame (even though he is remaining silent).

Ronaiah is supposedly a chronic liar. In fact, he is supposedly a professional liar, a person who lived by the lie (we are lead to believe). What is now stopping him from just just lying his way out of this situation? It should be second nature to him and actually would be pretty easy for him to do so. Ronaiah's word vs Manti's word. I believe this is the key.

I also agree with you about ND. There is more than meets the eye here. How would ND be viewed if they had a role in covering up a player's sexual orientation? Or help a player fabricate a story to strengthen his Heisman bid for the benefit of ND's program?

Edited by kas23

It's strange that Ronaiah is just laying down and by default, is taking all the blame (even though he is remaining silent).

Ronaiah is supposedly a chronic liar. In fact, he is supposedly a professional liar, a person who lived by the lie (we are lead to believe). What is now stopping him from just just lying his way out of this situation? It should be second nature to him and actually would be pretty easy for him to do so. Ronaiah's word vs Manti's word. I believe this is the key.

I also agree with you about ND. There is more than meets the eye here. How would ND be viewed if they had a role in covering up a player's sexual orientation? Or help a player fabricate a story to strengthen his Heisman bid for the benefit of ND's program?

have you framed any piece of information to come out as anything but guilt?

he saved the voicemail from his dead "gf?" who does that, must have been a plan for the scam

he exported his phone records instead of doing a screen shot of the ATT website? he definitely made them all up.

ronaiah might be trying to protect his cousin? who does that? he must have been paid off.

notre dame is looking out for him? must either be gay or a scam for the heisman.

dibs - this is the stuff that i was talking about when was frustrated the other day and came off harsh on you..... you have had hints of it at times, but nothing in comparison.

What's wrong is this guy who just turned 22 has yo go on TV and answer questions about his sexual orientation in the first place. Beyond that, it proves nothing in this case. If anything it would support innocence since voice on other end was female ... Not what one would expect a gay guy would want to fall asleep to.

You don't tip in Australia?

The only area where we sometimes tip is to the waiters/waitresses at a good restaurant.

Generally tipping is alien to us(& most of the western world?).

Effectively our system runs as if the tips are automatically calculated by the employer.....factored into the bill....and the employee is paid a higher wage than if there were tipping.

.....or put bluntly.....people here are paid enough(theoretically) to live on so tipping is not necessary.

Dr Phil in on the act. Already recorded interview with Ronaiah will air next week

http://m.tmz.com/?ad...-phil-interview

I really wish this would end..... And then the Jets would draft him in April. They need a little drama over there.

If he does any more interviews over this I'm going to start thinking that he is enjoying the publicity, even bad pub,. a little too much.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

That is a good paradox. It's the last sentence that is tricky. It's a trick on the wording. The barber only shaves those who do not shave themselves. The second sentence and the later half of the last sentence have different intended meanings.

Manti Te’o hoaxer Ronaiah Tuiasosopo didn’t fake the voice of the Notre Dame grid star’s make-believe girlfriend, experts said yesterday.

“These are definitely women,” said Paul Ginsberg, one of four audio experts asked by “Good Morning America” to review phone messages Te’o has said are from fake girlfriend “Lennay Kekua.”

“It’s the frequency range; it’s the intonation,” said Ginsberg, who agreed with colleagues that the voice on the tapes was female. “I don’t believe that a male could simulate that.”

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/national/experts_agree_it_girl_vO2Bz8WYYUxBlStUJdbbeP

Manti Te'o hoaxer Ronaiah Tuiasosopo didn't fake the voice of the Notre Dame grid star's make-believe girlfriend, experts said yesterday.

"These are definitely women," said Paul Ginsberg, one of four audio experts asked by "Good Morning America" to review phone messages Te'o has said are from fake girlfriend "Lennay Kekua."

"It's the frequency range; it's the intonation," said Ginsberg, who agreed with colleagues that the voice on the tapes was female. "I don't believe that a male could simulate that."

http://m.nypost.com/...YYUxBlStUJdbbeP

I love these "experts". What does this guy get paid to go around deciding if the voice is a man or a woman? That's a job??????

Anyway, I heard those tapes and as Austin Powers would say:

Ronaiah says he was in love with manti and manti had no idea.... When dr Phil pressed if he was gay - "we'll when you put it that way, yes.... Well I was confused"

So... That starts to bring about motivation

Does Dr Phil have him talk in the girl voice? I'm still not buying that it was him on the phone.