Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

Mr. Snuffleupagus was Big Birds imaginary friend...he was the only one that could see him...course that could be different now..

Nobody else besides Big Bird sees or talks to Mr. Snuffleupagus.

If I recall, Snuffalupagus was Big Birds imaginary friend.

He's real to me dammit!!!

Tumblr-SnuffyDancing.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, are we involved in even more layers wherein ND is putting it's best spin on things, as is Te'o, as are his parents, as are his friends, as is ESPN to duck and cover from their initial comments, etc. Who knows, and given my perspective, who cares?

He said out of his mouth that they met after a football game.

He seems to have told investigators that this was embellished, if you watch the press conference and read between the lines. Sounds like a case of not wanting to say they met online. Still could be a real girl in on it though.

You guys are too quick to judge. This is a guy that has done everything right his whole life. He's an amazing leader, family oriented, devoutly religious, and an all around good guy. All signs point to a naive and trusting human being with a big heart being the target of a cruel scam. Why is it that the good guys like Te'o and Tebow get crapped on? It's sad

How exactly do you know all this about Manti Te'o? I'm not saying he isn't all these things you're insinuating but all you or I know about Manti has been defined by the media and PR flacks. This same media who did ZERO fact-checking on a dead girlfriend.

Unless you're a close personal friend of Manti or a person who raised him, we have no idea who the real Manti is. 2 years ago, Lance Armstrong was an American hero that fought tirelessly for cancer research and redefined the sport of cycling. Because that's what the media and his PR team wanted you to know about him. Fast forward, and he's a doping, paranoid freak that duped a nation.

We know NOTHING about Manti T'eo other than what's been carefully presented of him.

He seems to have told investigators that this was embellished, if you watch the press conference and read between the lines. Sounds like a case of not wanting to say they met online. Still could be a real girl in on it though.

I think your take on this is plausible, but you have to understand that that lie puts all credibility in question.

If I had to guess I'd say Manti Te'o is probably gay. This whole thing is a cover up.

Imagine being a young star in college and having all types of women coming after you all the time. On top of that, his boys probably asked him why he doesn't mess with these girls. What do you do to avoid all the pressure if you're gay and don't want to come out? Pretend you have a girlfriend!

It's obvious to me.

Yeah, that is a point I don't see really being discussed. Maybe he was just embarrased to say they met online. A girl I know met a guy on eHarmony and they fell in love and are still dating now for about 12 months. However, none of us knew they met online because he was initially embarrassed to admit he had used eHarmony, almost like he was worried he would seem like less of a man or something because he was still weird about it even though it worked out for them. So its possible they had not met, but said they did because it might be looked at as weird that a young football star would meet someone online like that.

As of now though, the story is that they have met. Not to mention the Cardinals guy claiming he met her too by the same name before Teo. So I think that adds strength to his story of having met her because that guys eye witness account of her at least would validate her existence under that fake name.

If I had to guess I'd say Manti Te'o is probably gay. This whole thing is a cover up.

Imagine being a young star in college and having all types of women coming after you all the time. On top of that, his boys probably asked him why he doesn't mess with these girls. What do you do to avoid all the pressure if you're gay and don't want to come out? Pretend you have a girlfriend!

It's obvious to me.

That's what I thought - but then the Deadspin article linked a few posts above yours says that he was dating other women all season. So it sounds like we can't even give him the benefit of that kind of excuse - it appears this was BOTH (i) a hoax played on him by someone; and (ii) he used the alleged death (whether or not he knew it was fake) to his advantage in order to make his story more Heisman-worthy. In other words, no matter what, he's a total tool.

If I were him I'd come out of the closet anyway. It's the only legit way through this mess.

In other news, Chip Kelly is having seconds thoughts about the Eagles job while Brian Kelly is now trying to actively wrestle it away from him.

It's obvious to me.

lets also not forget - being gay in a CATHOLIC university. lol :oops:

Yeah, that is a point I don't see really being discussed. Maybe he was just embarrased to say they met online. A girl I know met a guy on eHarmony and they fell in love and are still dating now for about 12 months. However, none of us knew they met online because he was initially embarrassed to admit he had used eHarmony, almost like he was worried he would seem like less of a man or something because he was still weird about it even though it worked out for them. So its possible they had not met, but said they did because it might be looked at as weird that a young football star would meet someone online like that.

As of now though, the story is that they have met. Not to mention the Cardinals guy claiming he met her too by the same name before Teo. So I think that adds strength to his story of having met her because that guys eye witness account of her at least would validate her existence under that fake name.

Yes, a female does exist. And I were her, I would start looking for a book deal right away before this fizzles. And, has anyone heard from Ronaiah Tuiasosopo yet? I'm sure he has a lot to say.

For sure - I think I've been the first and one of the only to say its even possible the girl in the pictures could be in on it. Her story on sending tuiasosopo the picture holding the sign but never knowing the meaning of what it said is really strange. With 1 member of each sex, it's amazing the webs they could've woven.

I was just pointing out the ND investigator essentially said it was admitted as online only and teo would have to answer to the inconsistency himself.

This has a few ways it could still easily break from here.

lets also not forget - being gay in a CATHOLIC university. lol :oops:

And a Mormon and a football player but.... So far that would still be way out in left field from what we know. More likely tuiasosopo is and got his jollies messing with straight dudes like this from the stories coming out. His friends/family on twitter have alluded to him doing this to other guys before and that he might be into guys.

http://deadspin.com/...?tag=manti-te.o

The first credible challenge to the dual twitter necro-beard theory.

Everyone should read the linked article.

This makes the most sense of anything I have seen so far.

Most are discussing this in black and white terms. All or nothing. He was either totally innocent and the victim of fraud as ND has suggested, or he was a creepy sinister guy in on this from the beginning and it was all a masterfully concocted scheme.

Most things in life are not black and white, but shades of gray.

I firmly believe that when the Truth comes out, we will find out that he was legitimately scammed initially. However, he began to wise up to the scam around the same time he realized it was generating a lot of publicity for him. He realized he could turn the tables and go from victim to perpetrator, in the sense that if he continued to play along with the story, he could personally benefit.

This is what we will find out in the days ahead. That he was scammed, but he found out much sooner than he let on, like September of 2012 and not December 6th...and that he absolutely continued to play along in a deceitful manner for his own personal publicity and benefit.

I see no meaningful distinction between Te'o cooking this up from the very beginning and the scenario I have laid out, whereby he continued to fudge the truth after having originally been duped himself.

In either case, the whole thing is creepy and casts a very negative light on his character and judgment.

Of note: Notre Dame is now fully on board with the Te'o "I was 100% a victim" story, which is not good for ND if my theory is correct. ND will come out of this looking bad as well.

It is also worth noting that the linked article suggests that it is somewhat common knowledge that Manti was running around with a variety of chicks on the ND campus, as you would imagine. That part of the story makes perfect sense.

So then I am cold on the "beard" theory, and a lot of what Manti has said to date about his fake dead girlfriend also becomes suspect. If it is well known that he is running around campus with a variety of girls, the innocent choir boy routine doesn't ring quite as true as it perhaps once did.

does anybody know if there any phone records like a bill or minute usage showing he or she called each other,

If he was part of the hoax why would he be calling or receive calls from a fake girl & talk for hours

the presumption is notre dame has seen those, if they are going to come out so strongly.