Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't have to mention his girlfriend though. What he said was “I don’t like cancer at all. I lost both my grandparents and my girlfirned to cancer". The question doesn't seem like directly to something about his girlfriend.

He could easily said “I don’t like cancer at all. I lost my grandparents to cancer" and didn't need to bring up the girlfirend himself.

He said it because he wanted to continue his ruse. It wasn't until this story broke he came clean. He could have avoided all of this shame if he came out with all this before the Deadspin article.

Have either of you thought that when you have to come up with a defense and a scenario to explain every little fact that comes up and it always protects Teo and fits with his story, you might be wrong?

Do you not realize the mountain of questions that go with any of the possible stories? Or are you ignoring how elaborate it would also have to be for him to make it up himself?

All possible outcomes are special kinds of crazy involved with multiple people making absurd out of the ordinary choices. I've said about a dozen different times that we don't know what happened.

Edited by NoSaint

That remains to be seen.

http://m.deadspin.co...rview-with-espn

I think that's essentially what NoSaint said-- they want it and they are negotiating for it. Not that they have it.

From your link:

Dan Wolken @DanWolken

ESPN spokesman says they are pursuing Te'o interview like every other media outlet. So, appears nothing scheduled as of this moment.

I think that's essentially what NoSaint said-- they want it and they are negotiating for it. Not that they have it.

From your link:

Dan Wolken @DanWolken

ESPN spokesman says they are pursuing Te'o interview like every other media outlet. So, appears nothing scheduled as of this moment.

Exactly - they aren't going to let skip Bayless trash him on first take while meeting with his people to convince him to trust espn with this make or break interview.

From your link:

Dan Wolken @DanWolken

Lets not also forget he's a full time student. He has a lot going on. I couldn't imagine being in college and trying to manage all this. Before he speaks open endedly It's prudent to discuss with counsel, especially with all the barbs and "gotcha" questions being tossed out there. In this day and age I wouldn't do an open interview without knowing the implications of my words, guilt or innocent. And again THIS IS A FULL TIME STUDENT. Not a retired athlete like Armstrong sitting around on his $125mm pile.

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo auditioned for The Voice:

http://deadspin.com/5976952/us-weekly-teo-hoaxer-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-auditioned-for-the-voice-and-had-a-sob-story-about-a-car-accident

"He had this insane sob story before [he sang]," an insider reveals to Us. "It would make for great TV."According to the source, Tuiasosopo told producers he and his cousins started a Christian band together and were on their way to perform at a youth conference in Nevada when they got into a "massive" car accident. He claimed a truck crashed into their vehicle, sending them flip-flopping all over the freeway. He also said doctors thought one of them might have been brain-dead, but miraculously, everyone was fine.

This was the lead off story on Fox News O'Reilly Factor tonight. They interviewed ESPN's Jim Gray. I dunno man, there are some big holes in Manti's defense.

We'll have to see how this plays out, and what he says. It is going to cost him money regardless with the bad publicity. He is already reportedly losing endorsement opportunities.

I hope the kid is clean, but I just dont know if he is. Also, Notre Dame may well be damaged because of this.

Ultimately if there is a GM that feels he can help their team he will get drafted. Probably not till the 2nd or 3rd round though. I hope the Bills pass on him with the #8 pick and not because of the controversy. I'm not certain he's worthy of a #8. We'll be watching.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Gray said one of his teammates came forward and said Manti was playing this thing up. Not good.

jb

Edited by jaybee

In that SI interview which was posted earlier, Te'o says he met his girlfriend after a football game in their sophomore year.

Yet he also says he knew her for 4 years but that they dated for about 1 year prior to her death.

That math doesn't add up...nor does his story.

Up until right now I had no idea joesixpack and joe_the_6_pack were two different posters. Guess I've never seen you two post back to back.

:lol: :lol: :worthy:

You are really knocking them out of the park in this thread.