Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

So this guy was probably very popular on campus and could have any tail he wanted!!!! This has to be a hoax\cover up for being gay.

He met a girl online. He fell for her. He found out she was not real, and he got embarrassed. I don't get why that is so hard for people to believe. He wasn't around at parties because he was in his room chatting with the hoaxster. When he pressed to see her in person all if sudden she's sick and dies. This is by far the most plausible scenario.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's obvious that this is the story of the greatest beard ever told. He's gay....

To me, this scenario is sounding the most likely.....and if it is the case Te'o has my deepest sympathies.

To be a Mormon football player & gay must be a very difficult situation to be in.

It's quite understandable that he'd concoct an innocuous lie about a girlfriend to his parents.

It's easy to see how the lie could then progress to his teammates.

The invention of car accident & illness ensures his parents "can't" meet her.

Perhaps the death of his Grandmother then triggered him to kill her off for various possible reasons.

The media get's a hold of it.....and now he is in the crapper. No choice but to follow the lie through to the end.

It's probably something totally different to this & I'm 100% wrong......but if this is the case I will feel very sorry for the poor guy.

Edited by Dibs

To me, this scenario is sounding the most likely.....and if it is the case Te'o has my deepest sympathies.

To be a Mormon football player & gay must be a very difficult situation to be in.

It's quite understandable that he'd concoct an innocuous lie about a girlfriend to his parents.

It's easy to see how the lie could then progress to his teammates.

The invention of car accident & illness ensures his parents "can't" meet her.

Perhaps the death of his Grandmother then triggered him to kill her off for various possible reasons.

The media get's a hold of it.....and now he is in the crapper. No choice but to follow the lie through to the end.

It's probably something totally different to this & I'm 100% wrong......but if this is the case I will feel very sorry for the poor guy.

then youve completely dismissed the role of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, who Deadspin fingered at the center of it

then youve completely dismissed the role of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, who Deadspin fingered at the center of it

It is reported that Ronaiah was a friend of Te'o.

btw....if it is a hoax, the girl who spent countless hours on the phone with him is pretty much at the center of it....who is she?

Edited by Dibs

It is reported that Ronaiah was a friend of Te'o.

btw....if it is a hoax, the girl who spent countless hours on the phone with him is pretty much at the center of it....who is she?

thats a great question. Im WAY MORE interested in Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and who ever may have been on the phone at this point, than I am in hearing more from Teó. I posted this earlier from Ronaish's father. right now its the closest thing we have to comments from him:

"There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe the overwhelming love & support me & my Aiga have received today. Feels like I've been drinking from a fire hydrant. lol. Your texts, calls, emails, prayers & messages are received with a sincerely humble heart. I know so much has been splattered all over the media about my son & my family. I also know that many who were born in a manger in Bethlehem & continue to walk on water will undoubtedly express their opinions. Those of you who know us the best still love us the most. It my hope & prayer that we allow the truth to take its course, wherever that may lead. My heart goes out to Manti & the Te'o Aiga. Please allow this young man to pursue his dream without judgement. He's an amazing role model for our youth and Samoan community. I love U all from the bottom of my heart."

http://www.sbnation....aiah-Tuiasosopo

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

thats a great question. Im WAY MORE interested in Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and who ever may have been on the phone at this point, than I am in hearing more from Teó. I posted this earlier from Ronaish's father. right now its the closest thing we have to comments from him:...

But what if there wasn't somebody on the phone?

Keeping an open mind on this means one does not automatically assume that he is guilty of premeditated fraud(or being gay?)......and also that one does not automatically assume he is totally blameless in this amazingly strange situation.

His Father's comments shine no light on the situation.

But what if there wasn't somebody on the phone?

I agree lets find that out. Best way seems to be getting to Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. 2 major characters in the story: Teó has made a statement, ND athletic director did a presser. Ronaiah? only his father in a rather vague rambling paragraph.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I'd say the best way would be to look at Te'o's phone records.

Why? hes not accused of having a committed a crime. He made a public statement, he brought it to his school's attention. They hired a PI, the investigation determined he was the target of a hoax.And you think he should release private phone records to prove to you hes not gay? And we still havent heard a peep out of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Why? hes not accused of having a committed a crime. He made a public statement, he brought it to his school's attention. They hired a PI, the investigation determined he was the target of a hoax.And you think he should release private phone records to prove to you hes not gay?

Huh?

He should release his phone records to show that he has not made the whole story up.....for whatever reason.

Showing those records to reporters could clear his name of wrongdoing.

He wouldn't have to "release" them either. Simply show a journalist with a guarantee that specific details of phone numbers etc stay out of the public eye.

Huh?

He should release his phone records to show that he has not made the whole story up.....for whatever reason.

Showing those records to reporters could clear his name of wrongdoing.

He wouldn't have to "release" them either. Simply show a journalist with a guarantee that specific details of phone numbers etc stay out of the public eye.

What would it show? He talked to someone? So what? Im sure the PI's have been thru all these. An innocent person doesnt have to try and address every request for "proof". Its a bottomless pit because someone will always want more.

btw if theres a gay angle here, its a lot more likely ......article-2263656-16FC6E08000005DC-713_634x470.jpg....... Had a man crush on Teó and figured only way to engage him in sexy chat was pretending to be a girl.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Lets not also forget he's a full time student. He has a lot going on. I couldn't imagine being in college and trying to manage all this. Before he speaks open endedly It's prudent to discuss with counsel, especially with all the barbs and "gotcha" questions being tossed out there. In this day and age I wouldn't do an open interview without knowing the implications of my words, guilt or innocent. And again THIS IS A FULL TIME STUDENT. Not a retired athlete like Armstrong sitting around on his $125mm pile.

Maybe not - - I saw a local TV sports reporter tonight say that Manti is already in Florida now at one of those outfits that helps guys prepare for the NFL combine.

What would it show? He talked to someone? So what? Im sure the PI's have been thru all these. An innocent person doesnt have to try and address every request for "proof". Its a bottomless pit because someone will always want more.

This isn't a legal trial. This is trial by the media/public. It's not fair but that is how the modern world treats celebrities.

If the PI's have been through all these, and it was found that his phone records showed him making regular long nightly calls at the pertinent times.....then all they have to do is make that public.

He is being accused of making the whole thing up.....why wouldn't he want to publicly set the record straight?

Exactly, this young and inexperienced guy has a TON on his plate right now.

The TV reporter I saw wasn't specific, but it's at least possible that he's no longer a student at all, much less a "FULL TIME STUDENT."

Edit: Saw another TV news story that showed a short video of him in a golf cart at IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL where some athletes go to prepare for the combine - - didn't say one way or the other whether he was still enrolled at Notre Dame.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead