Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel a song coming on!

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

(Daylight come and he got no girlfriend)

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Come Mister Tally Man, tally me a girlfriend

Come Mister Tally Man, tally me a girlfriend

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Hide the deadly black tarantula

Hide the deadly black tarantula

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Change "Daylight" to "Deadspin" and you've got something you can sell to Weird Al!

Irregardless of how this plays out I think its quite obvious our POTUS needs to look at tougher regulations on fake girlfriends... look how it is affecting so many!

But if we take away the right to fake girlfriends, only the criminals will have fake girlfriends!

I saw this earlier. Not a good month for him. It appears that he has been exposed as both a player and person. I do not like ND, but I hate to see something like this. It will be interesting to see how he responds to this. Apparently, he declined an invite to the senior bowl, but presumably will be at the combine.

I heard on the radio this morning that other "anonymous" ND players knew/highly suspected she was never real. Whether this is because Te'O told them, or because of other factors will be interesting to find out. Good timing for Lance Armstrong.

Whichever way you feel, it would be in your best interest to search twitter for "Te'o". It's times like these when the Internet shines its brightest:

@ndyWillis: I hope they bring Te'o's girlfriend back in season 3.

@funnyordie: Manti Te'o will meet even faker girls once he's an NFL millionaire.

@EvilMikeTomlin: Manti Te'o just changed his Facebook status to 'its complicated'

@FauxJohnMadden: On the bright side for Manti Te'o, his relationship was probably better than any Taylor Swift has had.

@clubtrillion: Somewhere Donald Trump is trying to make a connection between Te'o (Hawaiian) faking a GF & Obama (Hawaiian) faking his birth certificate.

And my favorite yet:

@DConDelight: "Manti Te'o may have just pulled the 3rd grade "I have a girlfriend. She just goes to another school," prank on the entire United States."

Very weird story indeed. Kind of believable in a way because Manti is mormon and maybe he doesn't need to be in the physical presence of his GF like other red blooded american men (so he could easily be duped and manipulated by an emotional long distance relationship). But then again, waaaaay too convenient that her funeral was on gameday and according to Manti, she insisted he not attend. So i flip flop that he either rolled with the big lie or that he was really 100% duped.

First off, kudos to Lance Amstrong for inventing a fake girlfriend and snaring Te'o months ago - that took some real foresight and his genious plan is now paying big dividends - damn that guy is brilliant!

Seriously though, if the public believes Te'o was involved in this hoax rather than being a victim (and that seems to be how public opinion is playing out at this point), look out - Hell hath no fury like a public duped. Seriously, people will have more outrage at being duped by something like this than if Te'o was involved in some sort of drunk driving accident - he could probably get away with killing someone easier than he could with inventing a fake girlfriend who died of cancer...

He'll be a great UDFA pickup.

if he runs a great 40, and was legit tricked here - he will still be a first rounder, easily.

his 40 time will be way more important than any of this unless it comes out hes in on it.

Edited by NoSaint

I like to say that we haven't heard the story & the media is going wild with speculation & rumors trying to shape our opinion to theirs, its a bizarre story I agree & I have my own doubt but trying to hold back on any judgement until the facts are all out