Bills interested in Stanford Routt...again

FluffHead

Yeah I heard that too and rewound to listen again. I think he was just saying he's heard from the Bills, so I don't think anything new.

Of this entire thread, I only take from it that is actually a word - which I knew, but never envisioned it spelled like this... learn new things ever day!

When a player agrees to a new contract, he resigns.

When a coach quits the team, he resigns.

As in: I hope Byrd resigns and Wannstedt resigns.

You're not making any sense in your world, perhaps you realize it is a late hour and you're just posting nonsense on our message board. Then again, I do not know what is going on over there, but those other people above us, they're actually talking about football, and I guess it's their right.

Is that even possible?

Per Rotoworld:

Free agent CB Stanford Routt is drawing interest from the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Lions.

Routt cleared waivers after being cut by the Chiefs on Monday. The 29-year-old allowed a dreadful 64.1 completion percentage, 491 yards, and three touchdowns in seven games as Kansas City's right corner this year, according to Pro Football Focus. Quarterbacks had an astronomical 111.9 rating throwing at Routt. Miami lost Richard Marshall (back) to injured reserve, Arizona has employed a rotation opposite Patrick Peterson, and Detroit's secondary has been ravaged by injuries. Routt should be able to find a job before season's end.

Per Rotoworld:

Free agent CB Stanford Routt is drawing interest from the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Lions.

Routt cleared waivers after being cut by the Chiefs on Monday. The 29-year-old allowed a dreadful 64.1 completion percentage, 491 yards, and three touchdowns in seven games as Kansas City's right corner this year, according to Pro Football Focus. Quarterbacks had an astronomical 111.9 rating throwing at Routt. Miami lost Richard Marshall (back) to injured reserve, Arizona has employed a rotation opposite Patrick Peterson, and Detroit's secondary has been ravaged by injuries. Routt should be able to find a job before season's end.

Sounds like a bit of an upgrade. :)

Not only did he suck with KC but I recall his rankings when the Raiders cut him loose after giving him a big payday a year earlier and he was awful there too. I'd rather give the young guys a chance to play to see what they can do (after all, the season is sadly lost). However, please remember they have no pass rush to give them a fair chance and the coaching apparently blows too!

Aaron Williams was ranked the worst CB in the NFL. On the other hand, Routt sounds like a guy that thinks rules are optional. The Bills defense probably can tolerate a few guys that know how to make it up as they go though. B-)

AND TOO THINK WE PASSED ON BROOKS REED BECAUSE THEY WANTED MORE IMPACT ,OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAY

per schefter just now on ESPN

Should have just kept Flo & let Mcgee walk just on his injury history alone & the fact that Flo has made some pretty high impact plays for our D the past couple of years while Mcgee was nursing yet another injury ... Go Figure !!

Should have just kept Flo & let Mcgee walk just on his injury history alone & the fact that Flo has made some pretty high impact plays for our D the past couple of years while Mcgee was nursing yet another injury ... Go Figure !!

McGee took a pay cut, Florence wouldn't.

Link? Because I remember Flo saying he would take a pay cut if it helped in signing Mario.

I never heard of them offering a deal with a pay cut.

Florence was among the bottom 5 in the league last year if I recall...and he McGee did take a pay cut.

Florence was among the bottom 5 in the league last year if I recall...and he McGee did take a pay cut.

No I know McGee took one. I was questioning someone who claims Flo rejected a pay cut and was cut because he wouldn't take one. Like you mention I believe he was just cut because he had become a big liability.