QB's we can make a play 4, Other than Draft

I don't really like any of the QB's coming out of the draft outside of Geno and Barkley. We won't be picking 1 or 2 in the draft either. Let's face it Buddy will not trade multiple picks for a QB. Remember what he said about the Skins trade with the Rams? First he laughed at the Skins saying they gave up to much and said he didn't know how good RGIII was gonna be. If he didn't think RGIII was good enough he definatly won't think Smith or Barkley is good enough. Considering that RGIII was a better prospect then either Smith or Barkley.

Which leads me to my subject, I made a list of QB's I would like to see us go after that are on NFL ROSTERS.

#1- Jamrcus WEBB- I really like this kid he has some skills. Very fast great runner with a cannon arm. Not the most polished but under the right system like Gaileys. This kid can flourish. I think this kid has a ton of upside.

#2-Mike Vick- If the Eagles don't make the playoffs look for Vick to either be outright released or traded. I would love to have him. I think with our Offensive line we can give Vick the protection he desperatly needs. And under Gaileys system he would be the perfect QB for his offense. Even if the Bills clean house and fire Gailey. I still believe Vick or Webb will still be a good fit.

#3-Tony Romo- Same as Vick. Dallas might be ready to move on after this season. Brings expericence and will be a major upgrade over Fitz.

#4-Kirk Cousins- Big strong armed accurate QB with great leadership skills. I like his poise and passion to be a leader on our team. Kind of reminds me of a young Steve Young.

#5-Ryan Mallet- If the Bills clean house fire ChanNix, I believe this Big strong rocket armed QB will be a great fit in Buffalo. With the windy conditions in Buffalo. This guy can throw threw those winds.

These are my top five the following are on my Honorable mention list.

#6-Chase Daniels

#7- TJ Yates

#8 -Jason Cambell

#9-Matt Flynn

#10-Matt Moore

Ok guys Chime in who would u like to see? If I missed anyone let me know.

I didn`t forget Colin Kaepernick, I just don`t think he will be available for trade. Jim Harbaugh loves this Kid.

If he was on the list he would be #1

Vick wouldn't be an upgrade over Fitz. If anything, this would just be a lateral move. Plus, unlike now, we would be required to have a decent back-up QB for when Vick's injured. People need to start realizing Vick is never going to carry a team deep into the playoffs.

I disagree Vick is definatly an upgrade over Fitz.. He`s more athletic, stronger more accurate arm. Vick`s Oline is garbage he has no time to throw the ball plus he`s taken a beaten over these last two yrs. He flourished his first yr because there line was much better. But they have gotten older and injured over these last 2yrs.

I do believe if we made this move that we will have to either draft a QB or trade for 1 of those other young QB`s on my list to develop in our system.

I don't really like any of the QB's coming out of the draft outside of Geno and Barkley. We won't be picking 1 or 2 in the draft either. Let's face it Buddy will not trade multiple picks for a QB. Remember what he said about the Skins trade with the Rams? First he laughed at the Skins saying they gave up to much and said he didn't know how good RGIII was gonna be. If he didn't think RGIII was good enough he definatly won't think Smith or Barkley is good enough. Considering that RGIII was a better prospect then either Smith or Barkley.

Which leads me to my subject, I made a list of QB's I would like to see us go after that are on NFL ROSTERS.

#1- Jamrcus WEBB- I really like this kid he has some skills. Very fast great runner with a cannon arm. Not the most polished but under the right system like Gaileys. This kid can flourish. I think this kid has a ton of upside.

#2-Mike Vick- If the Eagles don't make the playoffs look for Vick to either be outright released or traded. I would love to have him. I think with our Offensive line we can give Vick the protection he desperatly needs. And under Gaileys system he would be the perfect QB for his offense. Even if the Bills clean house and fire Gailey. I still believe Vick or Webb will still be a good fit.

#3-Tony Romo- Same as Vick. Dallas might be ready to move on after this season. Brings expericence and will be a major upgrade over Fitz.

#4-Kirk Cousins- Big strong armed accurate QB with great leadership skills. I like his poise and passion to be a leader on our team. Kind of reminds me of a young Steve Young.

#5-Ryan Mallet- If the Bills clean house fire ChanNix, I believe this Big strong rocket armed QB will be a great fit in Buffalo. With the windy conditions in Buffalo. This guy can throw threw those winds.

#6-Chase Daniels

#7- TJ Yates

#8 -Jason Cambell

#9-Matt Flynn

#10-Matt Moore

I didn`t forget Colin Kaepernick, I just don`t think he will be available for trade. Jim Harbaugh loves this Kid.

1. Webb, don't know much about but your description is intriguing

2. Vick, if he's available, get him!

3. Romo, don't like as much as Vick. makes a lot of bonehead plays, but his physical skills are undeniable. Worth a shot If hes available

4. Cousins. Its my understanding he lacks arm strength. If thats the case, please no more of them, we've had enough of that already

5. Mallet: if Pats are willing to let him go to a division rival who seems to be lacking mostly a QB to be a contender, Id pass.

6. Daniels: dont know anything about

7. Yates: see above

8. Campbell: never a huge fan, but he looked to have made big strides with Raiders last year before injury. Worth a shot.

9. Flynn. Big thumbs up, thats how I wanted them to address QB position in offseason. Could have been had for a lot less than theyre paying Fitz too.

10. Moore: better than Fitz but could be just another career backup journeyman. Like guys with weak arms, we've seen enough of that

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I disagree Vick is definatly an upgrade over Fitz.. He`s more athletic, stronger more accurate arm. Vick`s Oline is garbage he has no time to throw the ball plus he`s taken a beaten over these last two yrs. He flourished his first yr because there line was much better. But they have gotten older and injured over these last 2yrs.

I do believe if we made this move that we will have to either draft a QB or trade for 1 of those other young QB`s on my list to develop in our system.

If his name wasn't Mike Vick, you would never say that. Fitz is better in every category than Vick and Vick has 11 turnovers. He has a top 5 supporting cast and the 8th ranked defense in the NFL. The Bills are 2nd last and have a way worse receiving core. Fitz is limited but Vick is definitely not a better option.

As for the other guys on your list, if you meant Joe Webb, I'm on board. Every time he plays, he makes plays. Also, Cousins doesn't have a big arm and I think he is very limited. Mallett could be interesting if he stop sniffing and ran less than a 10 flat 40. Also, the Pats will want a really high pick for him and we saw what happened the last time we traded for one of their big, slow footed QBs.

Honestly, I'm sick of other teams garbage. If the Bills crap out, I want a legit 1st round QB finally. Whoever's in charge needs to do whatever they can to get one.

I see a lot of Ryan Mallett on peoples list lately, doesn't anyone remember the knock on him coming out of college? He's a head case supposedly. I'm not sure if he's gotten his **** together or not but a head case is not what you want at QB.

Also, he has never played against a NFL starting defense. For years, Brian Hoyer was hyped as a potential starter. Well, he got cut and I don't think he is in the league anymore.

My problem with Chan is that he says that Fitz won't get any better by standing on the side lines - it's been 3 years & Fitz isn't getting any better. If it hasn't happened by now then it never will. Chan should have a plan B & realize when it's time to cut our loses and move on already.

Joe Webb is the most intriguing for me. Kids runs like the wind. He has alot of upside. Nice strong arm also. Could possibly be had for a 3rd and 5th round pick.

About the kids coming out in the draft. I'm not sold on Geno Smith. He kinds of reminds of VY. Maybe I'm wrong, but I never like those big 12 QB's most of them don't pan out on the pro level. That conference is always wide open football. No defenses. Matt Barkley is another guy I'm not sold on USC QB'S we know the history there. Tyler Bray, reminds me of Mallet. I think he should go in the 2nd or 3rd round. He never plays well against good comp either. At least Mallet played well vs SEC COMP.

#6-Chase Daniels

#7- TJ Yates

#8 -Jason Cambell

#9-Matt Flynn

#10-Matt Moore

So the possibilities include:

1) The Chicago Bears LT (any chance you mean Joe Webb from Minnesota?)

2) A guy that can't get the job done with a higher level of talent around him and better coaching

3) Another guy that can't get the job done with a higher level of talent around him

4) A 4th round rookie that looked lousy in his pro debut

5) A former 3rd round pick that has a history of attitude problems and supposed drug use, and hasn't played a down in the NFL

6) A career backup with a notably weak arm

7) Ok, this one is a possibility...although still a major unknown

8) A guy that couldn't keep his starting job over Rex Grossman or an over-the-hill Carson Palmer

9) A guy that couldn't win a job over a 3rd round rookie

10) A career journeyman

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but none of those options are particularly intriguing.

Let's draft someone instead.

The perplexing one not listed is Billy Volek. A little long in the tooth now, but out of football for only this year, and is a free agent. Had a strong Schaub/Flynn type resume as a backup and was seen by everyone as a potential starter. Amazingly, decided to go to SD as a backup rather than compete for a starting job. Has a career 85 rating and won a playoff game against top seeded Indy on the road in 07. Given that he never wanted the pressure of being a starter, would it be possible to coax him out of retirement to try and save the franchise?

1. Webb, don't know much about but your description is intriguing

2. Vick, if he's available, get him!

3. Romo, don't like as much as Vick. makes a lot of bonehead plays, but his physical skills are undeniable. Worth a shot If hes available

4. Cousins. Its my understanding he lacks arm strength. If thats the case, please no more of them, we've had enough of that already

5. Mallet: if Pats are willing to let him go to a division rival who seems to be lacking mostly a QB to be a contender, Id pass.

6. Daniels: dont know anything about

7. Yates: see above

8. Campbell: never a huge fan, but he looked to have made big strides with Raiders last year before injury. Worth a shot.

9. Flynn. Big thumbs up, thats how I wanted them to address QB position in offseason. Could have been had for a lot less than theyre paying Fitz too.

10. Moore: better than Fitz but could be just another career backup journeyman. Like guys with weak arms, we've seen enough of that

Watched Cousins on Sunday when RGIII went down. Made some very nice throws. Also he looked very comfortable and poised overall. He did throw 2 picks which were complete rookie 'getting to greedy' type of mistakes. He could turn out to be the next Matt Schaub or Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Cousins is probably my favorite on the list, A guy you overlooked who I'd also be willing to take a chance on is Ricky Stanzi over in Kansas City. And Nick Foles, but I have a feeling the Eagles have him tapped as thier QB of the near, near future.

Edited by mob16151

Honestly, I'm sick of other teams garbage. If the Bills crap out, I want a legit 1st round QB finally. Whoever's in charge needs to do whatever they can to get one

i´m also sick, but you have to accept that dreaft a QB will make longer the playoff drought

When Seattle announced Wilson as their starter, the Bills should have offered a trade for Flynn instead of Jackson.

I do also like Kirk Cousins, but after RG3 went down last week, I think the Skins would like to keep him as a good back up.

I liked Foles to but like u said he's the Eagles future QB.

Some guys here don't like Mallet cause he never played in a pro game. If that's the case then we can never draft a QB cause they never played against the pro's either. At least Mallet has practiced in an NFL enviroment and played in the Preseason also.

Pats will trade him to anyone it doesn't matter where as long as they get a few picks. I would offer no more then a 3 and 5.

Watched Cousins on Sunday when RGIII went down. Made some very nice throws. Also he looked very comfortable and poised overall. He did throw 2 picks which were complete rookie 'getting to greedy' type of mistakes. He could turn out to be the next Matt Schaub or Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Interesting. I'll admit I dont get to watch much NCAA but my recollection the knock on him was deadly accurate but seriously lacking NFL arm strength. If that's not the case then sure give him a look. gotta believe at some point skins would entertain a trade to build more talent around rg3. Teams generally find it too costly to keep 2 quality QBs on the roster, in direct free agent costs or trade value opportunity costs.

The problem with that argument imo is the sample size on him is more than 2+ years, it's 8+ years. 2010 sure looks like more of an outlier than the last 1+ season, despite his fans' best efforts of insisting he was a different QB/person in 2010 who just started to watch film.

Please...just say no to retreads.

I know what your saying about the retreads, but if we can draft a QB to develop behind a Vick or Romo, Flynn type why not. Vick will fit in well with what we have. Spiller and Vick in the backfield can give defenses nightmares. We also have a good set of wr's to throw to, our wr's have been open but Fitz can't get them the ball. With our OL Vick will be very comfortable. That's the problem he's having in Philly. No line. On top of all that a least Vick has a big arm and can open the field up for our wr's. That's been Fitzy major problem the field feels compressed and his throwing lanes are being closed cause he can't go downfield at all NO Defenses respect his arm at all.

Matt Flynn is also a big upgrade over Fitz, Flynn has a better arm. He makes throws that Fitz can`t make. He throws that back shoulder pass perfectly and has enough zip to make intermediate throws downfield, he also shows some nice touch on his long balls. He doesn`t have a cannon by any means. But a least he will make defenses respect by opening up the field.

Romo is also an upgrade he`s more mobile has a much better arm.

With the exception of Flynn at least Romo and Vick has played and won PLAYOFF gms. Thats something Fitz will never do..

I know what your saying about the retreads, but if we can draft a QB to develop behind a Vick or Romo, Flynn type why not. Vick will fit in well with what we have. Spiller and Vick in the backfield can give defenses nightmares. We also have a good set of wr's to throw to, our wr's have been open but Fitz can't get them the ball. With our OL Vick will be very comfortable. That's the problem he's having in Philly. No line. On top of all that a least Vick has a big arm and can open the field up for our wr's. That's been Fitzy major problem the field feels compressed and his throwing lanes are being closed cause he can't go downfield at all NO Defenses respect his arm at all.

Kind of like how Vick and Mccoy have? Oh wait.. that hasnt really worked out yet.

#6-Chase Daniels

#7- TJ Yates

#8 -Jason Cambell

#9-Matt Flynn

#10-Matt Moore

Vic & Romo i think are closer to the end of their careers so with that in mind i would rather get some one younger to look toward the future , Cousins has looked pretty good i guess , Matt Moore i think could be a good & potentially cheap pick up so that would work in B/lo Flynn may be ? & Jason Campbell has a good arm & didn't do to bad for the Raiders & is looking for a starting position plus he doesn't have ----- a lot of wear on him ..

Just drop Joe Webb off the list. He's an athlete, not a QB. If this former 6th round pick is the answer, I want to know the question.

There's a reason the Vikes picked Ponder with Webb on the roster.

Stop trying to recycle. Just do a good job of sucking this year and pay what ever you have to to get a guy next year. The Bills need a productive face of the franchise, not Mari- Os.

I say pick up one of these young QBs (Yeats) in addition to drafting one in the first round. If by this time next year the Bills aren't trying to develop 2 young QBs, then something is definitely wrong. The Bills should have been grooming a young QB - maybe not first round talent - for the last 2-3 years, but haven't. Why do all these teams with decent QBs also have a young developing QB? Because their GMs are smart. Nix dropped the ball on this one.

I see a lot of Ryan Mallett on peoples list lately, doesn't anyone remember the knock on him coming out of college? He's a head case supposedly. I'm not sure if he's gotten his **** together or not but a head case is not what you want at QB.

You really think he could stick in NE, with Bill Belichick, if he was a head case? :huh:

Some of the knock on (rumors about) Mallett before the Draft was also that he was a meth-addict...Don't believe everything you read...Mallett is no Fitz when it come to book learning...But he is the son of an old school Football Coach, and he LOVES Football...Mallett's biggest problem is always going to be his lack of foot quickness...Though that has certainly not hurt Brady in the Pats Offense...He's not a head case, nor is he a locker room problem...That crap is all over... B-)

You really think he could stick in NE, with Bill Belichick, if he was a head case? :huh:

Some of the knock on (rumors about) Mallett before the Draft was also that he was a meth-addict...Don't believe everything you read...Mallett is no Fitz when it come to book learning...But he is the son of an old school Football Coach, and he LOVES Football...Mallett's biggest problem is always going to be his lack of foot quickness...Though that has certainly not hurt Brady in the Pats Offense...He's not a head case, nor is he a locker room problem...That crap is all over... B-)

Where there is smoke there is fire. I'm not saying Mallett hasn't "grown up" so to speak but just because he's on the pats doesn't mean he's not a head case. Haynesworth was a nut and Belichik took quite an expensive chance on him. As far as I'm concerned(and this is just a personal opinion) you don't want someone with character issues at the QB position.

A brain-dead statue is definitely NOT what you want at QB (see: Drew Bledsoe)

Jim Kelly was a head case. Worked out ok as I recall. Anyone know when he is a FA?

Edited by RyanC883

Here's a couple I don't see on the list that may be good too:

Colt McCoy - Never got a fair shake in Cleveland with their swiss cheese OLine and bad WRs

David Garrard - Did take his team to AFC Championship a few years back

oh No, Hell No. These guys have no future. Maybe Garrad can be a backup but he hasn`t been able to stay healthy.

The Bills need to make a good decision for once. Get us a QB in the Draft that we can develop and Sign or trade for a veteran QB like Romo, Vick , Palmer, Flynn whatever when it comes down to it all these guys are better than Fitz.. He is straight trash!!! He is dumpster trash. Vick and Romo are more like storage wars auctions. Used stuff but serviceable. At least those guys seen the playoffs in this decade.

Now if we draft a QB and he turns out to be better than anyone of those veterans than fine. WE have will have 2 good QB`s.

The perplexing one not listed is Billy Volek. A little long in the tooth now, but out of football for only this year, and is a free agent. Had a strong Schaub/Flynn type resume as a backup and was seen by everyone as a potential starter. Amazingly, decided to go to SD as a backup rather than compete for a starting job. Has a career 85 rating and won a playoff game against top seeded Indy on the road in 07. Given that he never wanted the pressure of being a starter, would it be possible to coax him out of retirement to try and save the franchise?

This is more desparate then I thought if we are all counting on Billy Volek to come out of retirement & save the franchise.

Here's a couple I don't see on the list that may be good too:

Colt McCoy - Never got a fair shake in Cleveland with their swiss cheese OLine and bad WRs

David Garrard - Did take his team to AFC Championship a few years back

Trade a 7th for Colt Mccoy

Trade a 6th for Kirk Cousins

Draft a Qb in Rd 1.

Let the battle begin.