Mooreman... Anyone else feel this way?

ShipUPride

Anyone else feel like Chan had no right to cut Brian Mooreman? Our best player for the last decade and he is cast aside for a rookie. Mooreman just made a killer kick in his first action as a Cowboy.

I just feel that as a fan favorite for so many years Chan had no right to cut him.

Just one more negative in my opinion.

Anyone else feel like Chan had no right to cut Brian Mooreman? Our best player for the last decade and he is cast aside for a rookie. Mooreman just made a killer kick in his first action as a Cowboy.

I just feel that as a fan favorite for so many years Chan had no right to cut him.

Wow, one punt and it's started already.

No...I don't feel that way at all...His time was up here...He made plenty of killer kicks in Buffalo the past few years...Followed by a shank or two...So...

Powell was not just any other Rookie either...You should read up on him a bit...In time he'll make everyone forget about Moorman... B-)

Buh bye... B-)

First of all, it wasn't just Chan. It was an organizational decision and it was the right one. The only thing messed up was the timing -- it should have been decided during training camp. Even if they were both even in camp, you have to go with the guy with more upside.

Actually I don't care who the punter is as long as he's doing his job. The fact is the Bills see Powell as the future at punter. The Cowboys needed a punter when their punter went down. The Bills probably didn't want the Cowboys to snatch up Powell.

No right to cut him? That's pretty funny.

That aside, if DeHaven feels he can't provide the directional punts he needs, it's not a surprise that Moorman was let go.

Moorman is money from mid field with that rugby kick. He has lost some leg on other punts from other locations though. That's been evident for a few years now.

GO BILLS!!!

A coach has no right to cut a player? I would think after yesterdays game we would have a few more concerns than a punter.

I'd spell the subjects name correctly before I take a crusade upon his behalf.

And good for him, unike many, I root for those I liked in a Bills uni while simultaneously not second guessing the decisions of our coach/GM.

He just coffin cornered a ball on Chicago.....isnt that directional punting???

Maybe Gailey wanted this punter because he could use him as a linebacker or TE as well.

Hey Fredex, hope your injury heals quickly and you're more effective against the 49ers this week.

I am very happy they had the guts to cut Moorman and sign Powell.

When a punter is the team's best player for most of the decade, the team has some serious issues.

I wish Brian well, he was a great guy in the community, too. But it was time to move on to a young guy with a lot of upside.

If he was so vital to the Bills' success, then how come people keep misspelling his name?

I agree--- if the OP is going to take a tone of righteous indignation over a seeming lack of respect, the least he could do is spell the man's name.

Having said that, the snap on Powell's lone shaky punt was very wobbly. He did a good job just to corral it and get a punt off. The hangtime he was booming in warmups was impressive--- like vintage 2004-06 Moorman impressive! He punted a fine game, overall.

I would think after all his time with the Bills, and your incredible respect for the guy, that you would have learned how to spell his name.

No Mrs. Mooreman. We do not feel that way......."It's Division I football! It's the Big 12! It ain't intramurals!......"

Go play another game if you don't think your on trial every week, that someone isn't gunning for your job every day and the head coach has "no right" to cut you. HA! (Badminton called, they are missing a spectator.)

PS- why do you think both Jackson and Spiller came back way early to play?? They both will do whatever it takes to be a starter in the NFL.

Jeesh!

Edited by Cville Bills

Seriously?? Grow up. It's a business. Everyone goes at some point. It happened to Bruce, Thurman, & Andre. Far more vital than Moorman ever was.

After signing Mario Williams for $100,000,000 the Bills couldn't find enough money to keep Moorman