thank you Buddy!!!!!!

Just wanted to take a second and thank Buddy Nix for the job he has done.He has put together a good team,and im really excited about this upcoming season.Tired of bills sucks comments throughout the years and looking forward to shutting some people up.Alot of fans have given up after 2 preseason games,but i still billieve they will rock it and make the playoffs this season.I've waited along time for this,and all i gotta say is Go Bills!!!!!

^What he said!

Now you must be fully prepared to be berated by the self-appointed "realists" who feel it necessary to meet EVERY optimistic post with their pessimism. I don't understand it. Why not let people have a good time? Why the need to pee on everybody's cornflakes? Why the need to call everybody stupid because they aren't as "realistic?"

GO BILLS!!!

^What he said!

Now you must be fully prepared to be berated by the self-appointed "realists" who feel it necessary to meet EVERY optimistic post with their pessimism. I don't understand it. Why not let people have a good time? Why the need to pee on everybody's cornflakes? Why the need to call everybody stupid because they aren't as "realistic?"

GO BILLS!!!

It helps them get through their daily lives. Like a bully who picks on some kid because it makes him or her feel better. Same concept.

Why does it have to be either blind faith or you're a pessimist if you say something negative? I saw what I saw. The starters didn't look good in both games. "Well the Bills didn't game plan and other teams did?" Ok, Why did the Vikings and Redskins find time or it to be necessary to scheme? Why wouldn't we find it necessary? Are we so veteran or on the same page we don't find it necessary to put together drives on offense or stop the other team from doing what ever they want offensively to us?

Why does it have to be either blind faith or you're a pessimist if you say something negative? I saw what I saw. The starters didn't look good in both games. "Well the Bills didn't game plan and other teams did?" Ok, Why did the Vikings and Redskins find time or it to be necessary to scheme? Why wouldn't we find it necessary? Are we so veteran or on the same page we don't find it necessary to put together drives on offense or stop the other team from doing what ever they want offensively to us?

It's not blind faith. It's just understanding that being a whiny little b*itch on an internet message board is not going to do anything. It really won't. If you want to discuss things that you think are negatives, then learn how to discuss it without being unneccessarily harsh and antagonistic.

Guys, lets stop the bantering as I think all of you guys are better than that. I know a bunch of us are unimpressed with a lot for two games, but there are a lot of reasons for the issues.

The things that make me smile:

Ron Brooks could have been an excellent pick

The D Line will be fine when it counts

Fast Feddy will be fine when he actually gets 20-25 carries a game. Just watch how the offense looks better.

I like Stephon. He doesn't have to be a sexy pick. Just keep them from catching it, block on running plays, etc.

I don't worry at all about Byrd and George.

What concerns me and hope it is just because fo preseason, ya da ya da ya da:

The WR timing is horrible, but not so much b/c of Fitzy as his accuracy looks better. These routs need to be run better, and better separation.

I'm really worried we needed that breakout WR to match Stevie, and we don't have it.

We are early, but not our O Line is not giving enough time. We applauded ourselves last year on sacks, but that is b/c Gailey knew it and drew up short timing routs. The problem is good teams go press coverage and then we're screwed which was obvious.

I could keep going, but as many of you stated it's early and we just don't know. I'm not running down the hall with my hair on fire. Neither should anyone else. Just let it play out. There is more than enough time to bash our team in November if they didn't grow.

Last comment. It was so much fun listening to NFL radio today, and the beat reporter for the Jets was announcing, our RT needs to get better as Mario is out there waiting, looming for week 1. I love it. Now let's make it happen and put Sanchez and Baby Jesus in the dirt 10 times in week 1. (I'm not against Tebow, just sick of the hype)

This

I just would like to eat a plate of crow as well as a side of see i told you so and for dessert a nice helping of STFU. But as far as I'm concerned scheme or no scheme i have even more queestions about some of our starters than i did before these two games...should i ignore that feeing in the pit of my stomach that says the 1's look like ****? ok then I will

Bills didnt look so good after 2 preseason games last year either,fitz lloked good vs the jags in the 3rd...Too long ive been waiting for this,and im looking foward to enjoying this season and the future looks bright for a change.If they stay healthy they will give them cheaters a run for the division. Go Bills!!!!

Bills didnt look so good after 2 preseason games last year either,fitz lloked good vs the jags in the 3rd...Too long ive been waiting for this,and im looking foward to enjoying this season and the future looks bright for a change.If they stay healthy they will give them cheaters a run for the division. Go Bills!!!!

Glad you brought that up. This preseason is almost a carbon copy of last year. I remember well the incessant finger-pointing and deluge of gloom and doom posts following the second preseason game in Denver last summer.

GO BILLS!!!

i think that buddy has done a great job, he seems to have done all he could. as a fan i sure appreciate that. as far as the preseason games go, i'm trusting that the coaching staff going after it in a certain way with the intent of evaluating personel in a televised scrimmage atmosphere. there are butts in the seats, and there are tv cameras and broadcasting crews, but this sure as hell isn't football yet. now pass me that kool-aid!

You're right, the starters didn't look great in either of the first two pre-season games. Now take the next step and ask yourself the question; why?

The Bills didn't have a single running play in their first game. They wanted to spread it out and see what happened. That was the plan and they weren't going to deviate from it regardless of what the Redskins did or didn't do. It's hard to look amazing passing the ball when everyone on the field, in the stands, in the booth and watching on TV knows that's what you're doing.

In the Vikings game the Bills came in saying they were going to run the ball and the Vikings openly stated they were focusing on the run. Again, net result is ****ty.

It's not so much how the Bills looked during the two games but rather an evaluation of what they were trying to accomplish. Only the coaches know the full plan so anything else is just fan reaction.

Mike, it took me a little while to understand that Chan just gave the game reins to Fitz and said " call 'em like ya see 'em son" or something to that affect in the no huddle game against Skins.

I dont think anything we are doing in the preseason has anything to do with winning or looking good.

The coaches know our strengths already so they work on challenging the players. And goodness know we have seen that.

Like Sheppard Friday nite. Leaving him in so long.

There is almost always more than meets the eye especially when trying to understand coaching motivators at the NFL level.

Nice post sir.

Edited by 3rdand12

Why does it have to be 'realism' or blind faith? The issue is that this board is filled with extremes, but the 'negative' folks seem to be intensely vocal and hell bent on everyone else not just simply acknowledging there are problems, but that the season is over due to those issues.

Why does it have to be 'realism' or blind faith? The issue is that this board is filled with extremes, but the 'negative' folks seem to be intensely vocal and hell bent on everyone else not just simply acknowledging there are problems, but that the season is over due to those issues.

Oh I know that's what I'm saying. There's a rationale in the middle of those two extremes.

For example K-9's take is that we looked bad in pre season last year, we look bad this year, doesn't mean anything. That line of thinking would mean that the Bills new regime takes the pre season solely and strictly as an exercise in evaluation talent.

My take is that they are trying to stop the other team and put together a drive to score everytime they take the field. And it isn't happening. I don't by any means think the season is a bust, but I do think it shows we are having issues. I believe they are working on them, but there's things to work out.

Lastly my point is why can't K-9 and I have two views and he's not being way too optimistic and I'm not some Whiney fan?

Oh I know that's what I'm saying. There's a rationale in the middle of those two extremes.

For example K-9's take is that we looked bad in pre season last year, we look bad this year, doesn't mean anything. That line of thinking would mean that the Bills new regime takes the pre season solely and strictly as an exercise in evaluation talent.

My take is that they are trying to stop the other team and put together a drive to score everytime they take the field. And it isn't happening. I don't by any means think the season is a bust, but I do think it shows we are having issues. I believe they are working on them, but there's things to work out.

Lastly my point is why can't K-9 and I have two views and he's not being way too optimistic and I'm not some Whiney fan?

I think it's easy for those things to look one sided especially when you say, "My take is that they are trying to stop the other team and put together a drive to score everytime they take the field. And it isn't happening." and everything Gailey has ever said has leaned towards the opposite that he doesn't care what other teams do and he's more interested in 'who steps up' without masking blitzes, sliding coverage, etc

They looked sloppy and some players missed tackles, assignments and a few looked flat out bad. However, instead of discussing the finer points of those players we're having a conversation about 'how we feel'.

I think it's easy for those things to look one sided especially when you say, "My take is that they are trying to stop the other team and put together a drive to score everytime they take the field. And it isn't happening." and everything Gailey has ever said has leaned towards the opposite that he doesn't care what other teams do and he's more interested in 'who steps up' without masking blitzes, sliding coverage, etc

They looked sloppy and some players missed tackles, assignments and a few looked flat out bad. However, instead of discussing the finer points of those players we're having a conversation about 'how we feel'.

Isn't the "how you feel" croud mostly the ones that have the extreme views? I'd like to think the folks in the middle are talking about finer points. You said "They looked sloppy and some players missed tackles, assignments and a few looked flat out bad." Is it fair to say you're not talking about finer points of the players, you've given up on the entire season, and aren't saying something legitimate?

Ahem...Let's examine the recent track record.

A team record twelve years in a row out of the playoffs.

One winning season during that time which ended disastrously.

Two fast starts recently which were followed by ridiculous losing streaks.

Where does the negativity come from....I wonder.

To me, the Bills are a 6-10 team until they win game 7.

And the dismal performance in these two preseason games has left me with no interest in attending opening day.

I love the Bills. Always will.

But don't we deserve better than the crap they have been serving up for 12 years?

And the dismal performance in these two preseason games has left me with no interest in attending opening day.

But don't we deserve better than the crap they have been serving up for 12 years?

Please dont go the opener. Me and 74,000 others are there with big expectations and fully intend on having fun that day.

.Alot of fans have given up after 2 preseason games,

"A lot of fans"? Really? Do you really know a lot of fans (I haven't read of one here) who have "given up" or did you just make that up to further your thread point?

It's not blind faith. It's just understanding that being a whiny little b*itch on an internet message board is not going to do anything. It really won't. If you want to discuss things that you think are negatives, then learn how to discuss it without being unneccessarily harsh and antagonistic.

Can you point to the parts of his post that were "unneccessarily harsh and antagonistic"? I bet you can't.

And while you're at it, can you link to all of those threads that describe the season as over?

All of you are railing against an imaginary army of "negative" posters who you claim have declared the season over. Of course none of that is true. Sure, the ususal suspects (i have been one, but have generally held back this preseason) have stated in more stark terms what they have seen in preseason so far. And look, if the team was playing very well no one would dismiss it ias "just preseason".

But no one thinks the "eason is over now", so you guys really have to lay off that stuff and let your arguments stand on actual comments made by those who disagree with you. It really looks like you are the ones whining now.

our first opponent is a Division rival....

We have a new defensive players and new defensive system. For pure Strategy purpose, I would NOT show the Jet anything they can prepare for defensively.

Offensively, I feel the same way, why show a team what you are going to do?

I enjoy preseason just to see the rookies, other than that its not an indicator of a teams worth

Preseason games are a laboratory of Live practices. Nothing more, nothing less.

First stringers get to smack somebody besides their teammates and work on a few plays and their timing.

Coaches learn who can play and who can't.

Some guys earn a spot on the final roster, some guys play their way off the squad.

Just wanted to take a second and thank Buddy Nix for the job he has done.He has put together a good team,and im really excited about this upcoming season.Tired of bills sucks comments throughout the years and looking forward to shutting some people up.Alot of fans have given up after 2 preseason games,but i still billieve they will rock it and make the playoffs this season.I've waited along time for this,and all i gotta say is Go Bills!!!!!

Do you have any idea how silly this post is going to seem if we don't post a winning record much less make the playoffs?

As to fans that you claim have given up, don't you think that the burden of proof is on "Buddy" (as if he's your pal) and Gailey to first post a winning season much less a playoff appearance before you (or anyone else) give him credit?

And what if he doesn't, then what?

On a more concrete note, what in your mind are the big differences from a talent perspective, player by player, on this team from last season to this?

Obviously Mario replaces Dwan Edwards at RDE, check.

Anderson's not a 3-down DE so he won't replace anyone, he'll rotate in despite the fact that he'll start. He replaces Kelsay, which may be a step down in the running game.

The LBs are the same since Morrison and Moats are the two players which will start at OLB after Barnett and Sheppard. Neither started last year and that's not much of an endorsement for the rookies Bradham and Carder whom I hoped would start but apparently aren't good enough to beat out those two.

A rookie replaces Florence at starting CB opposiite Williams who wasn't that good last season. The Ss stay the same.

Williams (Kyle) comes back healthy, which will help.

The offense is just about exactly the same and sucked after the first few weeks when Gailey's new system was exposed. He doesn't have a new system this season to start so opponents know exactly what to expect except for maybe some Wildcat which hasn't helped any team significantly to the point where few even use it anymore. Not Gailey and the Bills though, they're too sharp for that. They know better too. LOL

Anyway, I'm just trying to sort through why those that think that this is a playoff team actually believe that? Or are they just saying that?

I really want to believe it, really, I do! But there just isn't enough on the table to get me (and obviously many other fans) to buy in.

Right now everyone is talking about how Buddy Nix has done this great job when there's no one even from his first Draft that starts. His 6th round pick Moats might, but what does that say about his LBs drafted this season? Nothing. And we all know that Moats isn't a playoff caliber LB. And after cuts Moats and Spiller may be the only two players from that draft still even on the team. Carrington might make it as a 3rd teamer.

It's easy to say "Nix has done a great job," or "They've improved this season," but until that shakes out that way it's nothing but more cheap talk. Anyone can say it and anyone does. It's just as easy to say that the Bills will win the Super Bowl.

Suppose the team goes 6-10 again, or just 7-9, obviously missing the playoffs again and obviously another losing season to further along the notion that the Bills are the worst team in the new millenium, well over a decade now.

What then? Are you still going to be singing their praises?

This is exactly why the team gets away with what it gets away with from fans, because instead of fans calling Wilson and his GMs on making stupid and cheap decisions, there are just enough alongside a talking head bobble-headed yes-men media to talk, that's talk, about how things are changing and improving.

This is like Groundhog Day for Bills fans. We all have to sit here and read and listen to how great the Bills are finally going to be when they can't even post a winning season. Then all the same people that patted Tom Donahoe and Marv Levy on the back prematurely turned into people with pails of tar and feathers for them when things didn't go right.

You say you're looking forward to "shutting people up," but how about you? What are you going to say if the people you're now defending don't produce the kind of season that you're talking about?

I'm not saying that you should, but at that time, will you then shut up since you wouldn't have been more wrong? Again, not suggesting that you should since free speech applies to all, but if anyone should, it should be you and everyone else that holds the same views, wouldn't you say?

Otherwise, why do you and others have such an issue with people coming here to discuss and rant over the woes of the team? Especially when your type has been wrong for well over a decade now.

Just curious. Otherwise, I'm just not seeing why a GM/Head-Coach combination that has gone 10-22 over the last two seasons, 5th worst in the NFL in front of only Cleveland, Minnesota, Tampa, and St. Louis, should be given credit for anything. If anything the pressure should be on to get them to have to have a winning season or they're out. That kind of position doesn't jibe well with the fact that they're headed for the playoffs. On most teams, a GM and his selection for Head Coach in their third season are generally considered to be on the hot seat. Why not these two clowns?

I can still see it though, they'll be heralded as geniuses if they can eke out an 7-9 record and not make the playoffs because they'll have "improved" and have the team moving forward.

Whatever

Edited by TaskersGhost

"A lot of fans"? Really? Do you really know a lot of fans (I haven't read of one here) who have "given up" or did you just make that up to further your thread point?

Can you point to the parts of his post that were "unneccessarily harsh and antagonistic"? I bet you can't.

And while you're at it, can you link to all of those threads that describe the season as over?

All of you are railing against an imaginary army of "negative" posters who you claim have declared the season over. Of course none of that is true. Sure, the ususal suspects (i have been one, but have generally held back this preseason) have stated in more stark terms what they have seen in preseason so far. And look, if the team was playing very well no one would dismiss it ias "just preseason".

But no one thinks the "eason is over now", so you guys really have to lay off that stuff and let your arguments stand on actual comments made by those who disagree with you. It really looks like you are the ones whining now.

Bullsh*t. The same cadre of pessimists would be all over the fact that it's "just preseason" if the Bills were lighting it up in the first two scrimmages.

It's all about which prism we CHOOSE to view things through. It's a choice. And some just can't resist the urge to prick a balloon for no other reason than they don't like balloons and think nobody else should enjoy them.

GO BILLS!!!

Seriously?

No one whines louder and harder than the Pollyannas. That's the way it has always been, and the way it will always be, it just is what it is.

Ahem...Let's examine the recent track record.

A team record twelve years in a row out of the playoffs.

One winning season during that time which ended disastrously.

Two fast starts recently which were followed by ridiculous losing streaks.

Where does the negativity come from....I wonder.

Perhaps your name should be Bandwagon Circler. You have cleary jumped off and no one is going to miss you opening day. I'm sure you'll be jumping right back on after week 2 or 3. And guess what, we'll welcome you back with open arms, cause that's how we do.

Perhaps your name should be Bandwagon Circler. You have cleary jumped off and no one is going to miss you opening day. I'm sure you'll be jumping right back on after week 2 or 3. And guess what, we'll welcome you back with open arms, cause that's how we do.

Screw that. He has to run along side. Just a safety precaution so he doesn't hurt anyone when he jumps right back off at the first sign of adversity.

GO BILLS!!!