Where are you now Bills Fan?

From Rochester, New York to Honaker, Virginia where Heath Miller #83 TE for the Steelers played his high school ball. Heath played baseball in high school and here is a fact, while in his high school career of playing baseball Heath was only struck out once. Was a QB in high school and went to UVA because VT wanted to make a TE out of him, he goes to UVA and they make a TE out of him; go figure. Hello from Honaker (ho-nay-ker).

Edited by SWVABillsFan

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the east end of Long Island...Became a Bills fan to be different from my dad (Jets) and brother (Giants). Now living in Myrtle Beach SC. Crazy amount of Steeler fans here and lots of steeler bars. They drive me nuts. I don't know what is worse a Steelers fan, Yankees fan of Phillies fan.

North Bay, Ontario

Family used to have a cabin built on top of a huge rock outcropping on Ministic Lake...real moose n bear country.Had a bull moose roll my aunt's VW bug over one year when she blew the horn to get it off the trail. Remember a whole hill full of bear caves at one end of the lake smelled so bad when you'd walk by them....carefully.

I still live in the Short Pump area of Richmond and went to Fredonia State (for a year)....no North Collins connection though....

Surprising to me all the connections to Fredonia State here. All of you must have at some point encountered my brother, he's held the chemistry chair there for 25 years.

Pittsburgh, Pa, left Buffalo (Lakeview) for Florida in 1970, and then relocated to Pa in 1975.

I was only 10 when we left, but remember watching the Bills with family during their glory days.

Then we got O.J. around the same time and I was hooked for life.Say what you want about the man,

but nobody outside of maybe Barry Sanders was more exciting to watch run. From the cops or otherwise.

Funny how the Dolphins were good the whole time in Fla, and then the Stillers the whole time

I have been here, I need to move back to Buffalo!!!

Charlotte, NC...from Pendleton (Lockport) and went to WNHS '95 - Been in Charlotte since '99 and back every single year for "the opener" since '99 - Crazy, two Bills bars (one downtown, one about a mile from downtown) about 2 miles from the house. $2 Blue/Blue Lights every day....its not home, but the closest thing to it

Been a long time reader here and in Rochester NY - College in Canton NY and then a degree from Syracuse University at Utica College (TKE Fraternity which is where the Doubles nickname came from and the 78 is in honor of Bruce Smith.

Love your commentary and Very Funny perspectives from many of you and excited for the season - I even took my son to the Field house for rounds 2 and 3 of Draft.

Keep Up the Great topics and Go Bills!!!

Pittsburgh, PA. Lived in Utica, Syracuse, Buffalo and Binghampton until middle school. Pittsburgh ever since, except for 4 years at Cuse! I have the enjoyment of being both a Pirates and Bills fan. At least I have the Pens and Syracuse! AND NOW, FINALLY, THIS YEAR, THE BILLS AGAIN!!!!!!!

Ray you dirty dog!

Give our condolences to Drayton…

Seriously though, besides the fact that the vast majority of respondents in this thread are "Buffalo ex-pats" or even people who had "the curse" passed down from family, another interesting feature is that there are a lot of lurkers weighing in… people who rarely post.

Anyways, these threads (where to eat in WNY, what to do in WNY, Best Bills game experience) tend to be the most interesting because among other reasons, you learn a little something about the people you see post here.

Dirty dog, Bob? Moi? 0:)

I agree with your take on this thread. It's very interesting that a lot of "lurkers" are chiming in on this...a lot of names I've either never seen or haven't seen in quite a while. That coupled with the fact that you learn many fascinating tidbits about fellow Bills fans has me loving this thread. These are always my favorite types of off season conversations. Kudos to the OP! :beer:

Curious...fellow fredonia grad...lived in richmond for 18 years...knew several richmond area fredonia grads...any of them in the mid to upper 40 year old range?

That would be all concerned, Pooj. The one who went to Fredonia for the first two years (from North Collins) is the same age as me, 48. The other girl is from Olean and is a couple of years younger (45 or 46). Haven't seen the former since '86, the latter since '93. Basically, a lifetime ago. :lol:

BTW, I have two other Fredonia connections. My dad went there for a semester in 1960 before joining the Air Force. My aunt in Jamestown (his sister) graduated from there in the '60s. I used to attend training camp there every chance I got. My grandmother lived just up the road in Dunkirk on the corner of W. 7th Street & Brigham Road.

Representing for Brooklyn, New York! Originally from Rochester.

Crown Heights, Brooklyn, New York. born and raised in rochester, new york. go bills!

Brooklyn, NY. From St. Thomas, USVI; aunt and uncle are from Kenmore and passed on the gift/curse of this region's squad.

Howdy Neighbors! I'm in Carroll Gardens.

The Netherlands

Where in the Netherlands do you live? I spent a summer in Well (and Venlo) and traveled around the country quite a bit.

Spent part of another summer near Eindhoven. Been back two other times. Was there during the 2004 European

Championship. Very Exciting! Love the Netherlands!

currently ... Dallas <--- Washington DC <--- Boston <--- Chicago <--- Philadelphia <--- Boston <--- Dallas <--- Kansas City <--- Chicago <--- Williamsville <--- Buffalo (east side - Broadway/Bailey)

been flying in for Bills games from all those locales

Grew up in Hornell, joined the Army and lived in Washington State, Germany (twice), Oklahoma (twice), back to western NY as a Recruiter, Alaska, New Mexico. Now living in Conception Bay South, Newfoundland and this is the last stop for me. Came down to Orchard Park for the Eagles game last year and will return on occasion to catch a game live. Bills fan since they came into the AFL. My sister went to Buff State and brought me home a team poster that first year. I was hooked.

Edited by xsoldier54

Born in Schwabisch Hall Germany in 1965 but moved to the U.S. in in 1970 when my parents moved here.I now live in northern Steuben county but mostly grew up in closely Livingston county of New York state.

Born in Buffalo. Raised in Williamsville (Williamsville North HS '78). Graduated UB '82. Moved away after UB, four years in Redskins territory, thirteen in Cowboys territory and now twelve in Broncos territory. Despite living in these other places where/while Super Bowls and Stanley Cups were being won, will always live and die the Bills (and Sabres).

Surprising to me all the connections to Fredonia State here. All of you must have at some point encountered my brother, he's held the chemistry chair there for 25 years.

If by connections you mean failing the class, then that would be a yes.... :wallbash: