RD 5, Pick #144: T Zebrie Sanders - FSU

SDS

That is a great pick in the 5th round. Needs work but with Glenn going to start, Hairston to be the main back-up and swing tackle, and now Sanders with a ton of talent and great size to develop, suddenly we are looking pretty damn decent at OT, something that to me was our biggest weakness going into the draft. Very happy about this.

How do you not lke a guy named Zebrie? Most mocks had him going in the 3d round so hopefully the Bills got a nice bargin here. Glad to see another OT in the mix.

First mock I saw had him the 2nd to the Fish. Like this guy

They have him graded ar a 82.7 on nfl.com... a steal?

http://www.nfl.com/d...ders?id=2532943

Did you check the grades of all the players picked before and after him?

Some 50s, some 60's, some 70's.

Sanders is by far their highest rated player taken in this round.

Only 2 players in the 4th round had higher grades.

If he's not a steal, how would you characterize a guy who was rated much higher than anyone else in the same round?

This guy has potential that didn't show up last year FSU. Projected first round pick for this year after a strong Junie year, he regressed last year and had issues with lower body strength. Performed poorly in the senior bowl. Has a long way to go, but hopefully he can put it together and live up to where he could be.

How do you not lke a guy named Zebrie? Most mocks had him going in the 3d round so hopefully the Bills got a nice bargin here. Glad to see another OT in the mix.

Ramius must be thrilled today.

Yup. :thumbsup:

Zebrie played both RT and LT here. Most of his career was on the right side, but he moved to LT when Datko got hurt. The kid has freakish athleticism and solid technique. He needs to build some strength.

Right away he can step in as a backup at either tackle position, and i'd bet he's a serious darkhorse to start at one of the OT spots in 2013.