That's It?

thewza

Don't we have more cap space? I haven't heard any rumors about other signings except that we have talked to Mario Manningham. I think we have many other holes to fill. I'm really hoping we are not calling it quits in free agency just because of one huge signing.

Go away then. Ungrateful. With 4 posts you want to come on with that? We just signed the best available FA who by the way is in his prime and you come in with this? Good bye now.

Oh by the way there will be a draft this year as well and we will have to pay them. Including a pretty high pick in case you didn't know.

As Jon Bon says, have a nice dayyy ayyayyyy

I don't post much but I read posts several times daily. Look I am as pumped as all of you are about Mario. Believe me - I am super pumped. I'm just saying - I think it is pretty misguided to suddenly think we are contenders based on this one signing. The Texans roster has been a heck of a lot better than ours with Mario Williams and they didn't finally make the playoffs until this past year. Just sayin - we've got more work to do. That's reality.

There would have to be players available that are worth the money. As much as we've spend in the past year or so on resigning and now Williams, it's still obvious that Nix will not "overpay" for talent.

Kyle Williams- worth his contract

Fitz- regardless of what many here think, he's a starting QB in the league and any starter that is not one of the worst 10 in the league is worth it.

SJ13- after looking at VJ and Meachem we can all see he was a steal at 36m.

Pears- Worth it.

Merriman- even with the injury it's a steal.

Williams- was going to get close to 100m anywhere he went.

Buddy will not reach for just anybody. He will pay for what we need and what he thinks is a good player and good team guy.

Don't we have more cap space? I haven't heard any rumors about other signings except that we have talked to Mario Manningham. I think we have many other holes to fill. I'm really hoping we are not calling it quits in free agency just because of one huge signing.

Shefter said we had talks with Manningham and Buddy said we didn't. I'm taking Buddy's word on it and plus Manningham is not the "type" of receiver we're looking for. If only we can trade down in the draft and still be ahead of the Jets and scoop Michael Floyd if he's still available and then go LT in the second round with the extra draft pick we get from drafting down.

I have to agree with the OP on this. I get the huge Marii signing. And I also have faith in the FO to know who is worth what. But you are telling me there aren't any mid-tier FA's for depth? Volek just got released. There is still some depth O-lineman out there. I mean, I'm not talking about cap space because I know we have wood, levitre, and Byrd to re-sign. I'm just surprised that there were only two people in thus while class that they think could have helped.

It's been a whole day! Where's the next guy!?!?

Be patient. We've signed a bunch of people in the last 7-10 days and I bet more to come. Were entering the stage where guys have sat and will be lowering expectations/demands. Probably a couple mid tier guys will visit and sign in the next week or too. It's not a race to collect the most- but the right fits, at the right prices.

we have the draft other than that we have no more money ralph still has to pay the man at least 50 million in real money which is maybe enough to make the city of buffalo stable in economy area (maybe)plus jackson and byrd need contracts

I don't post much but I read posts several times daily. Look I am as pumped as all of you are about Mario. Believe me - I am super pumped. I'm just saying - I think it is pretty misguided to suddenly think we are contenders based on this one signing. The Texans roster has been a heck of a lot better than ours with Mario Williams and they didn't finally make the playoffs until this past year. Just sayin - we've got more work to do. That's reality.

So

Ralph is cheap. I am so done with this team. We never sign anyone, our drafts suck, we get recycled coaches no one want, we always have unspent millions and are way under the salary cap. Oh yeah...and how could I forgot Ralph is cheap! Time to sell and just move to LA :flirt:

I think people need to understand that the offseason is long and this is just the first round of it. There will be other players who come available (think Morrison and Barnett from last season) and Nix has shown willingness to get them when that happens.

The BILLS shot their wad on the opening round. Tough to be disappointed or think they should be doing more given what's out there.

Free agency is always a two part process; first part is fast and furious where teams are competeing to sign the coveted guys. The second part drags on for weeks as teams pick through the leftovers to see who might be worth bringing in. There are still hundreds of FAs to sift through in the search for added depth.

I'm not trying to be a dick to the op or you. But here I am.

So you should get back to this thread after next season. Which of course will be the one where Mario make everyone a better player and finally puts us into the playoffs as a result.

Conversely Houston without him and some other guys their losing, well I think they are in for a major downfall.

Two teams going in different directions. Again I'm not trying to be a dick but I think Mario improves our entire team as opposed to just one guy stepping in. His skill makes Williams, Kyle and Darius so much better than they already were.

When we call blitzes now or even if we don't our corners are going to look much better. Hell McKelvin may end up getting re signed next off season as a direct result of having Mario on the team! If he makes the cut this year which I suspect he will. And he was pretty damn stupid last year. I belive Mario is going to have a dramatic affect on the entire team. Actually both teams! God it sure is nice to relevant again.

That should be it (unless Bell wants to come back at a decent price)...why go after mediocre talent. Lets focus on using that money on extending Byrd, Levitre, Fjax and the draft

I would like to keep Bell...at a reasonable cost. If someone's giving him big bicks so be it. Wont be us. I think Jason Peters showed he was worth big bucks here I do not feel that way about Bell. But I really would like to keep him.

Aside from taking care of our own and possibly honoring the offers we made to our players who are still FAs (Scott & Bell), we are about done. IDK if there are going to be June 1st casualties like in the past, but I would say if there is someone we could use for depth we may kick the tires...overall think that is about it. I don't see any WRs on the market being worth it or an upgrade on what we have.

Chix has done nothing but speak the truth. They told us they would not reach on a pass rusher. they agreed with all of us openly about the mistake that Cornell Green was. they also told us that they would build through the draft. I believe them. If they dont like a guy, than spend the money on draft picks, and your own guys. I really like where this team is headed.

This is what happens when you don't have a minimum post requirement for starting threads.

Ralph is cheap. I am so done with this team. We never sign anyone, our drafts suck, we get recycled coaches no one want, we always have unspent millions and are way under the salary cap. Oh yeah...and how could I forgot Ralph is cheap! Time to sell and just move to LA :flirt:

:thumbsup:

Go away then. Ungrateful. With 4 posts you want to come on with that? We just signed the best available FA who by the way is in his prime and you come in with this? Good bye now.

Oh by the way there will be a draft this year as well and we will have to pay them. Including a pretty high pick in case you didn't know.

As Jon Bon says, have a nice dayyy ayyayyyy

Way to make the new guy feel welcome, well played! :thumbsup:

1331950145[/url]' post='2412164']

Another reality is that we have to re up Byrd, levitre and Fred. Wood is up after them. And sign our draft picks. Chill out. It's day 4 of free agency. I'm sure the FO didn't go into hibernation. They just paid one guy a LOT of money, they have to get the new gameplan for the offseason up and running. For someone that rarely posts, I'm surprised you picked this topic to post about. We just signed the #1 defensive FA in his prime at a position of dire need. And you complain that that's all we did and we still need to improve. Buddy knows that. Stop preaching.

We don't get $30+ million every year. We have impending free agents to extend namely Wood, Levitre, and Byrd. And we have to sign our draft picks.

BOOM!!! This is EXACTLY what needs to be done and then after that "if" there are holes we will fill with whatever is left (FA lasts a couple months after the draft)

Lets reward our best players which definitely include Byrd (my favorite Bill), Levitre, and a healthy Wood

Not going to pile on you, but we have done plenty this offseason...

We normally groom guys and the let them walk (Winfield, Ted Washington, Greer, and so on) you get the point...

This year, we re-signed our own guys SJ, Chandler, Morrison. I would like to see us get Wimbley, but if we dont, I will be fine with that...

Look at the games we lost the last 2 seasons by 5 points or less, now think about if we had just one real pass rusher ie. Super Mario, how many of those games would we have pulled out...

Lastly Guys are normally better in yr 2 than year 1. Enter Dareus, Shep, Searcy, Hairston and so on. Also KW was lost for the season last yr, as well as Wood and many others who should come back healthy which means we upgrade in those positions as well. And did I mention that we actually have a D-Coordinator this yr.

We will be fine, just sit tight, and watch the youngsters blossom before our eyes!

Go Bills!!!!!

Super Mario is going to take up 25 million dollars in cap space this season (Don't worry it goes down to 15 next season and stays around that number) so that leaves the Bills with 8 million in cap space. Granted D.Edwards will likely be cut to free up about 4 million but that only leaves about 12 million left to play with (Although there is fat that could be cut on the roster). Once you get draft picks added you really don't have much cap space even if you cut D.Edwards.

Basically the Bills bought the Hope Diamond and now they have to let the market come to them. Their cap space is limited at the moment unless they cut some of the fat. Let the big names that are left come off the board and then they will likely go out and make some more prudent depth signings (Think Barnett last season). I suspect the Bills will try to acquire Bell at the right price, and then make a move on a veteran guard. After that they might scope the market for a vet WR and a OLB that plays well in a 4-3. Then they will try to focus their attention on the draft to plug what holes remain.

If they can resign Bell to a sub 4 million cap hit, and maybe get a OLB at 2-3 million I think that this off season will be a huge success (Then you can fill some of the other holes via the draft).

Super Mario is going to take up 25 million dollars in cap space this season (Don't worry it goes down to 15 next season and stays around that number) so that leaves the Bills with 8 million in cap space. Granted D.Edwards will likely be cut to free up about 4 million but that only leaves about 12 million left to play with (Although there is fat that could be cut on the roster). Once you get draft picks added you really don't have much cap space even if you cut D.Edwards.

Basically the Bills bought the Hope Diamond and now they have to let the market come to them. Their cap space is limited at the moment unless they cut some of the fat. Let the big names that are left come off the board and then they will likely go out and make some more prudent depth signings (Think Barnett last season). I suspect the Bills will try to acquire Bell at the right price, and then make a move on a veteran guard. After that they might scope the market for a vet WR and a OLB that plays well in a 4-3. Then they will try to focus their attention on the draft to plug what holes remain.

If they can resign Bell to a sub 4 million cap hit, and maybe get a OLB at 2-3 million I think that this off season will be a huge success (Then you can fill some of the other holes via the draft).

From what I've seen, all your cap numbers are wrong

From what I've seen, all your cap numbers are wrong

My take on the Bills cap was that they had a little over 30 million. And the Williams deal is worth 25 million year one (Very good on the Bills to make the first year take a lot of the burden) thus that left Buffalo with about 8 million without cutting anyone.

Unless the signing bonus doesn't count towards the cap (Which I could be wrong it might not) I would think that the Williams deal puts the Bills up against the cap for the rest of the offseason (Unless they makes some cuts). Once again I could be wrong but that's my interpretation.