Bills extend WR Ruvell Martin

I just threw up in my mouth

Come on now. When the opportunity to resign a wide reciever who can't catch comes to you, you have to jump all over it.

But seriously, he did seem competent on special teams, so I would guess this a near vet's minimum deal, which is fine by me, so long as he never ever takes the field with the offense.

Come on now. When the opportunity to resign a wide reciever who can't catch comes to you, you have to jump all over it.

But seriously, he did seem competent on special teams, so I would guess this a near vet's minimum deal, which is fine by me, so long as he never ever takes the field with the offense.

...never, ever, ever takes the field with the offense.

Roster Fodder I hope, glad to see that i'm the only one that doesn't like the move. LOL Maybe i will reconsider. Meh, kinda hope he doesn't make the team. That would be considered a good thing, would it not? If he is getting paid more than 1.2 mil i don't like it. Anything less, good special teams player, so I will agree with the good move as long as it is cheap... I'm hoping by week 1 the receiving core looks like:

1. Steve Johnson

2. Free Agent/draft pick (I prefer Laurent Robinson, Brandon Lloyd, or Mario Manningham)

3. David Nelson

4. Marcus Easley

5. Donald Jones

6. Winner of preseason Derek Hagan/Kamar Aiken/Naman Roosevelt/Ruvell Martin competition

7. Then we have Brad Smith so I don't even know if they will keep 6 Wr due to Smith playing ST, QB, and WR all well in his respective roles

Roster Fodder I hope, glad to see that i'm the only one that doesn't like the move. LOL Maybe i will reconsider. Meh, kinda hope he doesn't make the team. That would be considered a good thing, would it not? If he is getting paid more than 1.2 mil i don't like it. Anything less, good special teams player, so I will agree with the good move as long as it is cheap... I'm hoping by week 1 the receiving core looks like:

1. Steve Johnson

2. Free Agent/draft pick (I prefer Laurent Robinson, Brandon Lloyd, or Mario Manningham)

3. David Nelson

4. Marcus Easley

5. Donald Jones

6. Winner of preseason Derek Hagan/Kamar Aiken/Naman Roosevelt/Ruvell Martin competition

7. Then we have Brad Smith so I don't even know if they will keep 6 Wr due to Smith playing ST, QB, and WR all well in his respective roles

If those guys stay healthy, The bills have a very good, young corp.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

This one makes absolutely no sense to me.

Martin was an interesting pick-up due to the injuries we had at the WR position during the season, but nothing more.

He was horribly inconsistent as a WR, and dropped waaaay too many balls to be considered atleast dependable.

I can't gauge his special teams consistency, but I can remember one play on special teams late in the season where he even cost the Bills dearly with a stupid penalty.

Bad, bad resigning.

:thumbdown:

I thought Martin was as good as gone.

All these haters listen up:

You can't spell "win" without "Wide Receiver Martin Ruvell."

Rarely do I actually chuckle at posts. This one got me.

Understated. Simple. Elegant.

-My take on RuvMart: he won't make it to the 53 man roster. Chan did seem to demand he take the field with the offense more than I would like, however.

Rarely do I actually chuckle at posts. This one got me.

Understated. Simple. Elegant.

-My take on RuvMart: he won't make it to the 53 man roster. Chan did seem to demand he take the field with the offense more than I would like, however.

Thanks NickelCity. I don't think he'll make the roster, either--he was terrible, at least as a receiver. I have no knowledge of his ST play.

But I must say MaRu hasn't done anything to earn a nickname like RuvMart. He needs to catch a ball first.

Edited by JustinAtlanta

1. Steve Johnson

3. David Nelson

4. Marcus Easley

5. Donald Jones

Id take Hagan over Jones. Everything else I agree.

This guy was an awful WR... He was by far the worst WR on the team. If he sticks to ST's that's cool but don't let this jobber anywhere near the field.

He won't make the team unless there are some major injuries. He can't catch. Johnson, Jones,Nelson,Aiken and Brad Smith... not including any FA signings or draft choices make it virtually impossible for him to him to make the team.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I bet he does make the roster, because he's a damn good gunner on STs.

Agreed. With the rule changes on kickoffs, this part of the team is actually more valuable. Gotta have guys who can, and more importantly, are willing to win those outside match ups on special teams.