The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

:oops: what ya gonna do. Dre is a Stud and I really hope we get him.

It happens- but with Astros rankings being his bread and butter I figured I'd give him the due respect of getting it right. I still think suggesting 42 is crazy, but it's not 50!

He and the LSU corner will be like PP7 and prince last year. Both early talents but based on scheme and need one might be closer to 5 and the other nearer 15... Or they could both be gone by 10.... but I don't think there's any chance one hits 20 unless there's a huge surprise yet to come.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only chance we have is if he bombs his combine interviews, rumors emerge he likes to fondle alpacas and tests positive for drugs. If not he is a top 3-5 pick

And not even normal drugs- were talking like hardcore meth use complete with missing teeth and stuff.

1-Indy-Andrew Luck-No-brainer, and no, they don't keep Manning.

2-StL--Matt Kalil or Blackmon

3-Min-Justin Blackmon or Kalil or Coples or Riley Reiff

4-Cleve-Trent Richardson or Coples or Devon Still

5-TBay-Morris Clayborne or Luke Kuechly

6-Wash-Alfonzo Dennard or Dre Kirkpatrick (signs Peyton Manning; knows there is major falloff at CB after RD1)

7-Jax- Michael Floyd or Dre Kirkpatrick or Coples

8-Mia-Upshaw or Reilly Reiff

8-Car-Devon Still or Michael Floyd

9-Buf-RG3

I'm not advocating this per se; I am arguing that by taking every team's P1 and P2 needs here, RG3 could slip to the Bills.

The draft would then have to go something like this:

Buffalo

RD2-Ronnell Lewis OLB34, Oklahoma http://bit.ly/xfXgg7

RD3-Dontari Poe DT Memphis (6'5" 350; plays DT34 and DT43; Dareus moves back to DE)

RD4-Jeff Fuller WRF Texas A&M

RD4-Michael Egnew TE Missouri

RD5-Omar Bolden CB Arizona State

RD6-Justin Pugh OT Syracuse

RD7-Zach Line RB SMU

No way an inside LBer goes that high. No way RGIII goes past pick #2. No way the Bills pick 9th.

Edit: I just saw that you have two #8's.

I forget the details, but think it was March. There was an article outlining how the contract was structured in such a way that they could walk away at that time for a fraction of the $60M.

Whenever the next roster bonus is due - typically early march. He could be cut today with only paid outs from last year out the door.

6-Wash-Alfonzo Dennard or Dre Kirkpatrick (signs Peyton Manning; knows there is major falloff at CB after RD1)

9-Buf-RG3

I'm not advocating this per se; I am arguing that by taking every team's P1 and P2 needs here, RG3 could slip to the Bills.

Buffalo

RD3-Dontari Poe DT Memphis (6'5" 350; plays DT34 and DT43; Dareus moves back to DE)

RD7-Zach Line RB SMU

Puff ....puff...pass

9-Buf-RG3

Buffalo

RD7-Zach Line RB SMU

In rd 1 people draft BPA, RGIII is BPA at 3. no way he gets past Miami worst case. We lose to Miami twice and they get RGIII. That' s the Bills on draft day. Sucks to be a Bills fan.

RG III will be going #2 overall after a team trades into that spot to get him. Count on it.

The only way the Bills get a chance to draft him will be to give up extra future first round picks and I think that he even may be worth it considering we've been a lost franchise since Kelly left.

RG III will be going #2 overall after a team trades into that spot to get him. Count on it.

I'm not counting on that, but he will certainly be drafted by one of the 3 teams that pick ahead of Buffalo who need a starting QB.

The only way the Bills get a chance to draft him will be to give up extra future first round picks and I think that he even may be worth it considering we've been a lost franchise since Kelly left.

This is the mentality the Bills used to select Losman and the Jets used to select Sanchize. Just say no to 'trading up'. Every draft pick is a crap shoot so putting too many eggs in one basket is almost always a bad idea.

9-Buf-RG3

Buffalo

RD7-Zach Line RB SMU

I would be absolutly thrilled with that draft. Poe would be a steal in the 3rd round. You think he lasts that long?

If he that good he goes second. If he is not why would we want him . plus either way ne never makes it to ten

I think Ben Rothlesburger was drafted #13. And Aaron Rodgers after 10. Getting a QB at 10 is not a reach by any means.

not even one small chance that you are correct. RG3 will also pay off quicker than luck mark my words on that too

I agree. But I like the chance that there is some possibly crazy senario in which it could happen! Then watch the Bills draft the top CB on the board with RG sitting there :wallbash:

This is the mentality the Bills used to select Losman and the Jets used to select Sanchize. Just say no to 'trading up'. Every draft pick is a crap shoot so putting too many eggs in one basket is almost always a bad idea.

Losman was considered a project with franchise QB potential and Sanchez was considered a solid franchise level prospect. Neither one of those guys were anywhere close to the talent of what RG III is bringing to the NFL.

As for trading up. My feeling is that the Bills won't be this close for a game-changing trade up for a franchise QB again for a long time. I think that this team will be a solid 8 to 10 win team for the next five or so years putting us out of range for this kind of trade up.

It would be a major gamble, but I think it would be one that was worth it. You are never going to be a consistent winner unless you have that franchise guy at QB. I think if they got RG III, you'd find many very good free agent defensive players wanting to come to the Bills which in turn would help solidify that side of the ball.

I won't be upset if they don't do it, but if they do pull the trigger I will be ecstatic.

Edited by 1billsfan

9-Buf-RG3

Buffalo

RD7-Zach Line RB SMU

Oh god no. We need a guy in the first round that becomes a day 1 starter and immediately contributes. Not a development QB to sit the bench when the coaching staff and GM have already and quite obviously committed to Fitz.

Edited by PDaDdy

Losman was considered a project with franchise QB potential and Sanchez was considered a solid franchise level prospect. Neither one of those guys were anywhere close to the talent of what RG III is bringing to the NFL.

Well that's the whole point. Considering what the Bills and Jets gave up to draft Losman and Sanchize, I think they did believe they were getting that level of talent. There's no gaurentee that RG3 will turn out to be any better than those guys, and that's why I'm against the 'trade up' philosophy.

I didn't see him play in college more than a few minutes so I have no idea if he has "game changing" potential or not, but I am wary because every year we hear about the next great QB but few of them actually end up changing the game. Meanwhile, many of the starting QBs in the league (including the 3 best) were not hyped as anything special coming out of college and could have been drafted by Buffalo, so I don't really buy the theory that Buffalo needs to go all out to get a QB with a lot of pre-draft hype.

9-Buf-RG3

Buffalo

RD7-Zach Line RB SMU

I doubt it would play out like that, but I'd certainly be ok with RG3.

As far as the rest of it goes, I don't see how the Bills can NOT take a 4-3 DE at some point (regardless of ultimate scheme). And more LB help. If the Bills were going to play a true 3-4 maybe a 350 lb NT would make sense, but even then I would be skeptical of using a 3rd rnd pick on one. The Bills are just fine at DT with Dareus, KW, Heard, Spencer, and Troup.

I think Ben Rothlesburger was drafted #13. And Aaron Rodgers after 10. Getting a QB at 10 is not a reach by any means.

Rodgers was taken with the 24th overall, but he was hyped up as the possible #1 overall before the draft...

Between this and your idea that dre Kirkpatrick could fall past 40 now has me questioning some of what you post.

Edit: originally put 50 by accident and the range was 28-42 not 52

I didn't watch a single NCAA game this year and know nothing of that particular player. But with a name like that, aint no way he's falling.

Marc in Montréal

Edited by Marc in MontrÈal

My point is that all these coaches can run any style of D because they have studing this stuff their whole lives.

No... they can't. Leopards can't change the fact they are spotted LeBeau, Phillips, Capers, Mangini are 3-4 gurus. They've never run a 4-3 and never will. Likewise, Williams, Wanny, Spagnuola, Zimmer, Campo are 4-3 guys and know only the 4-3. And, if you think otherwise, name me one single caoch that has coordinated both a 4-3 and a 3-4, same team or different teams with any success.

All coaches may hve knowledge of all systems, but they only have expertise in one. West coast OCs ain't gonna be able to run an offense with a power running game with any success either.

I'm not sure we need a QB; I am sure we need a run-stuffing defensive lineman.

I'm sure we need a pass rusher or 5 as well. Hopefully we can find guys that can stuff the run and rush the passer. Dareus seemed to be good at it. Let's keep em coming!

QB?...that's just for those guys that have the all or nothing savior mentality. Give me an elite top 5 QB or give me death. There are many ways to win in this league and none of those QBs are winning superbowls without good defenses and teams around them. We saw what happened to the packers and the saints with arguably the 2 best QBs in the league.

NONE...I repeat NONE of those guys succeed without WRs, and offensive line and in most cases defense. Some people want us to gamble year after year, sacrifice everything to take a shot at a QB thinking they alone will give us a super bowl champ.

Edited by PDaDdy

only way we land RG3 is if he gets busted with a bag of cocaine in an airport :flirt:

...and it's caught on 35 mm film camera, date-stamped, and with RG3 holding an unexpired driver's license and an unlaminated social security card with clearly discernable numbers and letters, in the non-digital photo.

As for trading up. My feeling is that the Bills won't be this close for a game-changing trade up for a franchise QB again for a long time. I think that this team will be a solid 8 to 10 win team for the next five or so years putting us out of range for this kind of trade up.

It would be a major gamble, but I think it would be one that was worth it. You are never going to be a consistent winner unless you have that franchise guy at QB. I think if they got RG III, you'd find many very good free agent defensive players wanting to come to the Bills which in turn would help solidify that side of the ball.

I won't be upset if they don't do it, but if they do pull the trigger I will be ecstatic.

Agreed.

No... they can't. Leopards can't change the fact they are spotted LeBeau, Phillips, Capers, Mangini are 3-4 gurus. They've never run a 4-3 and never will. Likewise, Williams, Wanny, Spagnuola, Zimmer, Campo are 4-3 guys and know only the 4-3. And, if you think otherwise, name me one single caoch that has coordinated both a 4-3 and a 3-4, same team or different teams with any success.

All coaches may hve knowledge of all systems, but they only have expertise in one. West coast OCs ain't gonna be able to run an offense with a power running game with any success either.

Any of the coaches that run any form of hybrid?

9-Buf-RG3

Buffalo

RD7-Zach Line RB SMU

Dream On! The Bills are committed to Fitz, Buddy already said so. I highly doubt RG3 even if there at 10 would be drafted. They would probably have someone on their board rated higher...

I didn't watch a single NCAA game this year and know nothing of that particular player. But with a name like that, aint no way he's falling.

Marc in Montréal

:lol::worthy:

I'm not sure we need a QB; I am sure we need a run-stuffing defensive lineman.

Didn't we say that last year before drafting Dareus? :unsure: