The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ no the rams will take Kalil

Why would the Rams take him if they could trade down 2 spots to Cleveland and pick up a bunch more picks?

Especially as there are no fewer than 3 excellent OTs available this year?

IMO, it's more likely that the Rams wheel and deal… although St Louis citizens Bob and Hopeful could probably shed more light on that.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Sorry, but your opinion is wrong about him. You must not of watched him play much. He is NFL ready right now & he has nothing left to prove in College. + he has his degree already. I think it is a real long shot that he goes back to Baylor next year, rookie pay scale or no rookie pay scale. He is a polished pocket passer that will run when he needs too but looks to throw first. He is accurate, has a very live arm & is extremely quick. I think he has a chance to be better then Newton(& I was hoping the Bills had a chance to draft Newton last year, I loved his game) & I will go on record right now & say that he is going to have a better career then Luck. This guy has it all & I would not care what the Bills gave up to get him. I think he is going to be that good. I do worry about him getting injured as he is not as big as Newton & question whether he could take the pounding that a running QB takes, but with that being said, he looks extremely comfortable in the pocket so maybe he could be taught to run only when necassary. This guy is the real deal. I would love to see him in a bills uniform. I know it will never happen with the chickenshit decisions that are always made at OBD but I could dream I guess.

This

Plus his parents are both Military Vets. There would be no problem with off the field issues.

Think Mike Vick with a way better arm and attitude.

Put it this way, he is worth the price of admission and I would get season tickets again (Lord its been forever since I even thought about it) if the Bills would somehow trade up to get this guy, and I believe he can turn the franchise into the glory we all been waiting for.

HE IS THAT GOOD.

Three teams in front of Buffalo all want a QB, Cleveland- Washington - Miami and if that isn't enough Minnesota & St Louis aren't 100% convinced that the young QB's they currently have on the team are "franchise" QB's. So perhaps out of the 10 teams picking in the top ten only 2 teams are certain to NOT want to draft a QB. Carolina & Tampa Bay, and TB has some doubts.

So then look at the rest of the NFL, KC - Seattle- Arizona- Jets - Denver will all be looking at a QB. with only 2 available in the top ten

SO, Indy- Clev- Wash - Miami- KC- Sea- Denver . Matt Flynn- Andrew Luck - RG3 = 3 QB's for 7 Teams.

If I'm GM of one of those teams I'd look long and hard at Matt Flynn, so much cheaper to acquire and so much more NFL ready. If Buffalo really wants to upgrade Fitz, they should go with Flynn. they won't need to trade their entire next 2 drafts to get him

Flynn set franchise records when he went 31-44 for 480 yards and 6 TD's against the Lions last week , while Rodgers sat on the bench because the Pack had already won home field thru out

PC It wouldn't surprise me to see the NY Jets make a move on one of those 3 QB's

Three teams in front of Buffalo all want a QB, Cleveland- Washington - Miami and if that isn't enough Minnesota & St Louis aren't 100% convinced that the young QB's they currently have on the team are "franchise" QB's. So perhaps out of the 10 teams picking in the top ten only 2 teams are certain to NOT want to draft a QB. Carolina & Tampa Bay, and TB has some doubts.

So then look at the rest of the NFL, KC - Seattle- Arizona- Jets - Denver will all be looking at a QB. with only 2 available in the top ten

SO, Indy- Clev- Wash - Miami- KC- Sea- Denver . Matt Flynn- Andrew Luck - RG3 = 3 QB's for 7 Teams.

If I'm GM of one of those teams I'd look long and hard at Matt Flynn, so much cheaper to acquire and so much more NFL ready. If Buffalo really wants to upgrade Fitz, they should go with Flynn. they won't need to trade their entire next 2 drafts to get him

Flynn set franchise records when he went 31-44 for 480 yards and 6 TD's against the Lions last week , while Rodgers sat on the bench because the Pack had already won home field thru out

PC It wouldn't surprise me to see the NY Jets make a move on one of those 3 QB's

Which is also why Foles, Weeden & Tannenhill all might go 1st round. With rookie pay scale reset you can afford to draft them in the first and let them sit for the beginning of the year. Ponder may not have been 1st rounders in 2010 but in 2011 in economically made more sense.

Edited by Why So Serious?

3) The only knock people had against Newton was his "character." Well RG3 is like a smaller version of Newton with Tebow's character. He was raised by military parents; already graduated as a junior; is looking to law school; and is engaged. His character is nearly flawless.

High character? Family guy? This means his testosterone level is low. BUST! :beer:

I highly doubt Cleveland would pass on RGIII. That said, I could see Washington, Jacksonville, and Miami all trying desperately to move into those #2 or #3 spots.

Probably not, those who think Fitzy has a weak arm should spend some time watching Colt McCoy throw. The trajectory and spin of his throws utterly disintegrate over 20 yds.

Minimally Cleveland (4), Washington (6), Miami (8 or 9), the Chiefs and Seahawks (11-12) could all make a run at RG3.

The Rams should get a windfall of draft picks to trade out of #2.

The word from Jacksonville (7) is that the Jaguars are going to try and make the Blaine Gabbert pick work.

Knowing Buddy's philosophy and in the wake of yesterday's comments, I guess the Bills (10) won't be in that derby.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Wait--he's NOT going to law school???

Anyway, If he's there, Cleveland will certainly take RG3. What will STL do? Depends on what they think they can get with the 4th or 6th pick.

If I were the Rams, im trading that pick. Yes, Blackmon is appealing but dropping down a few slots and taking Alshon Jeffery while getting multiple high picks is even more appealing.

The Rams have very little high level talent and a complete roster overhaul, except Jackson and Bradford, is needed. Stockpiling picks is the way to go here.