The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

trade up with Jacksonville and draft Robert Griffin III...

next year we have a double headed MONSTER of Freddy and CJ running the ball. Healthy wide receivers, and big Tight End's to throw under...

most importantly, with RG3 our o-line will have less pressure as he can manipulate the pocket almost every play...

defenses will have a field day trying to guard the multiple options we can run every down (opens up Brad Smith even more)...

_________

Kyle Williams back, and Dareus with experience our d-line is back in bizz...

Aaron Williams with experience and our secondary creates more turnovers (like we saw in the beginning of the year)

_________

we had a great draft last year and can afford to trade up, not to mention the Lynch trade pick we can move...

DO IT BILLS, DO IT!

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next year we have a double headed MONSTER of Freddy and CJ running the ball. Healthy wide receivers, and big Tight End's to throw under...

most importantly, with RG3 our o-line will have less pressure as he can manipulate the pocket almost every play...

defenses will have a field day trying to guard the multiple options we can run every down (opens up Brad Smith even more)...

_________

Aaron Williams with experience and our secondary creates more turnovers (like we saw in the beginning of the year)

Bingo! Pass Rush in Free Agency. 12 years of rebuilding at not making the playoffs. Make it 13, but in the right direction. :wallbash: :wallbash:

_________

we had a great draft last year and can afford to trade up, not to mention the Lynch trade pick we can move...

DO IT BILLS, DO IT!

I normally wouldn't agree trading the house for a player, but I agree on this one.

This franchise needs RG3. Right now, we're like Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction, on the verge of death. Griffen III would provide the needed shot to the chest to revive us. Transcendent players like him make everyone look better.

I absolutely love RG3. And I really like Fitz but let's be honest. Gailey made Fitz. It would be amazing to see what he could with an elite talent like RG3. The kid also was definitely raised right.

But when does giving up a ton of picks ever work out for teams? Very rarely if ever. Plus if I was teh Jags, I'd drafted RG3 because Gabbert is hot garbage.

No. Pass rusher in the first round. We'll never win if we don't continue to bolster this defense. QB in the second round? Fine. Trade for Matt Flynn? Fine. But I'm not using my first round pick, let alone trading up for a QB. Fitz has sucked. He needs to be replaced. But we can't afford to give up picks.

I would normally say "NO, do not throw away draft choices that are needed to upgrade the LB, OT, WR positions, but

for Fitz to be a winning NFL QB, he needs a DOMINANT - once a decade D and a LOT of talent around him on O. I think

the gamble to find a dynamic offensive weapon like RG 3 might be is worth it - DEPENDING on what it would take to

move up to get him.

I could get behind trading this year's 1 &2 and next year's 2. I wouldn't be worried about spending MUCH more, as

Griffen is no sure thing.

That being said, the Bills need to get to #2 ahead of Cleveland if they want to get RG3. I am pretty sure that would

take a king's ransom for a not-sure-thing in Griffin.

Edited by OldTimer1960

I don't trust the Bills drafting any pass rusher in the first round. We have a horrible track record. And even if the guy is a "can't miss", I wouldn't trust the current coaching staff to develop him properly.

I'm on board for a QB in the first round. Geez, for Fitz being all smart (Harvard, etc), he sure makes some very questionable decisions. He should know by now what throws he can and cannot make.

we need to take a risk if we ever want to compete. Flynn has played great in spot duty and amazing today. That GB team knows how to develop players, especially QBs.

Go bet the farm on Flynn. If you cant get him try and trade up in the draft for RG3. Take a 2nd or 3rd round QB. We need to do something bc Fitz is a backup in this league.

I would normally say "NO, do not throw away draft choices that are needed to upgrade the LB, OT, WR positions, but

for Fitz to be a winning NFL QB, he needs a DOMINANT - once a decade D and a LOT of talent around him on O. I think

the gamble to find a dynamic offensive weapon like RG 3 might be is worth it - DEPENDING on what it would take to

move up to get him.

I could get behind trading this year's 1 &2 and next year's 2. I wouldn't be worried about spending MUCH more, as

Griffen is no sure thing.

IMO, they would have to trade with the Rams for the second pick, because after the evaluation is done in the offseason, there are going to be plenty of people who think RG3 is better than Luck.

He has an absolute rifle for an arm and uncanny accuracy from any arm angle, off his back foot etc.. Just unlimited potential.

For that, it would take 1's this year and next, the two this year and probably Dareus and Aaron Williams. At least if I were the Rams it would take at least that.

Edited by Dick Drawn

I don't trust the Bills drafting any pass rusher in the first round. We have a horrible track record. And even if the guy is a "can't miss", I wouldn't trust the current coaching staff to develop him properly.

I'm on board for a QB in the first round. Geez, for Fitz being all smart (Harvard, etc), he sure makes some very questionable decisions. He should know by now what throws he can and cannot make.

I can't argue with your assessment, but I think it is a function of the overall situation of the game/season. I think Rob Johnson suffered from the same thing. They both

desperately wanted to win and they both decided that they needed to take big chances to make plays to keep their under-talented teams in games.

While I think that Fitz is a middling (at best) starting QB, I think that if he had two TEs like Gronkowski and Hernandez with Wes Welker too, he'd be more than

adequate with a good defense.

Football is a team game and Fitz is far from the weakest link on this team. Still, they could surely use a more talented QB than Fitz.

_________

_________

DO IT BILLS, DO IT!

He'll suck. Cam Newton he is not.