The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

Want to see what a big time elite NFL arm looks like? Watch Eli. We don't have that. And how you get a ring w/o it escapes me.

Ask Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson !!!!!!!! Or ask Jim Kelly if being a Elite NFL QB is all you ned to be to win a super bowl !!!!!!

That could be why it's a TEAM sport !!!!! YA THINK ??

Edited by T master

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, not Tanneyhill. I'm not crazy about Weeden, but I'l take him over the tan-man anyday. It'd be great if we went after Matt Flynn, but then what OC would he work with? -Gailey? I'm not at all impressed with this Dave Lee character. IMO, even if we do get a new QB, I think we'll keep sucking as long as Chan juggles two jobs.

Maybe they brought David Lee here to fire his Wildcat up again. Nix/Gailey are sitting with mud on their faces with the bust known as Brad Smith. An up and coming team would Flush all 3 quarterbacks and start again, but that will not happen here soon.

Luck and RGIII will certainly be gone. Tann, who knows, but I don't think he's better than Fitzy. Fitz proved early in the season that he's quality. Rumors of broken ribs out there, tons of injuries at WR, OL, and especially on D after that strong start. I'd rather shore up the depth on the D front 7 and see what we really have before giving up on a guy that beat the Pats, Raiders, Bengals, Chiefs, and should have beat the SB champs NYG.

Some people will point out that what's his name is better than the last few quarterbacks we have had here. That's just accepting mediocrity.

Kind of like your a mediocre fan that doesnt like most of the players on the team. Kind of like tgreg. You guys should get together on your own time and talk your s*** about all the bills players, while the rest of us real fans speak well of the players we do have and watch them win.

Edited by DocLawless

Found a link with a comment from fitz on latest speculation. He simply declines to comment or try to excuse his lousey last 8.. It also specifically states 4 cracked ribs and injured sternum.

http://fantasysports.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&ID=3240

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Yet, amazingly, some people don't feel that the Bills need a franchise QB.

For arguments sake, let's just pretend that a franchise quarterback is an actual, tangible, obtainable non-myth.

We'll also stipulate that a "franchise quarterback" is a top 5 league wide talent.

Specifically, which "people" don't think the Bills (or any team for that matter) could use one of those?

Remember, you also have to have patience because it takes time for a franchise QB to develop. In his 4th year in '07, Giants fans were ready to run Eli out of town after he threw 4 ints (3 of them pick 6s) against the Vikes--it was the proverbial straw that broke the fans' backs moment. Check out the comments that followed this article (and let me tell you, these were the nice people--talk radio was vicious):http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/eli-manning-throws-interceptions-vikings-pound-giants-41-17-article-1.256847. Wonder what those folks were saying 4 months later and now tonight?

Im all for taking a QB but not in the 1st. I dont like to force a guy to start and you know that would happen. plus i dont belive there is a #10 guy out there this year. I like the guy from arizona state but he's a developmental QB, just what we need. Fitz would make a great mentor. Like it or not he will be the starter next year and very likely in 2013. build out from the trenches and the rest will fall into place.

For arguments sake, let's just pretend that a franchise quarterback is an actual, tangible, obtainable non-myth.

We'll also stipulate that a "franchise quarterback" is a top 5 league wide talent.

Specifically, which "people" don't think the Bills (or any team for that matter) could use one of those?

At the risk of arguing with a proven...."person who is always wrong"......as you have been fairly(IMO) characterized.....you can stipulate all you want but 6 of the top 20 highest individual passing seasons EVER were recorded this year.

So maybe there are more than just 5 excellent QB's in the whole league.

As I have stated before, the rising tide of the passing game is raising all ships. The below average QB is average now. The average are good. The great are greater. And maybe some of the good are great now. It's kinda like the steroid era of baseball. Guys who were 15-20 HR guys before were suddenly hitting 40. Yeah, they weren't Barry Bonds, but 40 hr was still sluggin'.

That's how you get a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick, who likely would not have been able to keep a starting job in the NFL of 5 years ago......putting up Jim Kelly-like passing numbers and instilling confidence in certain fans who can't really see that the value of those numbers has changed.

You sound like a fun dude

Didn't you get the joke? I guess I gotta' work on my delivery. :rolleyes:

Can't spell elite w/o ELI. But it wasn't long ago few people thought of him as elite. Yes, we need an elite QB. But tell me who is going to be elite, Don't just say we need the guy who just won the Super Bowl.

PTR

how about his brother? We have a better line than Indy (least sacked QB in the league), a good TE and one more top WR and it would the "horseshoe" all over again. If he could win with that defense he could go 19-0 here.

I'm giving Fitz one more year. If its same problems different year, well then c ya later. I'm completely 50/50 on drafting a QB this year, on one hand I want to actually have a proper back up in case Fitz gets hurt, but I also don't want them to fall in love with another back up and completely ignore a possible 1st round QB next year, if we are put in a position to do so.

Remember when people thought Phillip Rivers was better than Eli Manning even after he won a Superbowl? ...LOL

Like the Giants did to get Eli, I actually think the Bills should pull off a trade for RG III if they have any real thoughts of not just getting to the playoffs but winning a Superbowl. Even if we got there with Fitzpatrick, the Bills would no doubt be facing either Manning, Brees, Rodgers or even Cam Newton. Let's just say we'd be severe underdogs.

If they don't do that, then they need to draft all defense starting with DE Whitney Mercilus 1st, DE Vinny Curry 2nd and OLB Ronnell Lewis 3rd.