The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when people thought Phillip Rivers was better than Eli Manning even after he won a Superbowl? ...LOL

Like the Giants did to get Eli, I actually think the Bills should pull off a trade for RG III if they have any real thoughts of not just getting to the playoffs but winning a Superbowl. Even if we got there with Fitzpatrick, the Bills would no doubt be facing either Manning, Brees, Rodgers or even Cam Newton. Let's just say we'd be severe underdogs.

If they don't do that, then they need to draft all defense starting with DE Whitney Mercilus 1st, DE Vinny Curry 2nd and OLB Ronnell Lewis 3rd.

If it wasn't for Kyle Williams, and in the instance of the NFC Championship game, it really was just one player who affected the outcome, the 49ers would have been in the super bowl with a qb who is nowhere near the level of Manning Brady or Brees. The 49ers would likely have beat the Pats also, for they are a balanced team with a ferocious defense.

The Bills are simply not going to do any deal for a 1st round qb, whether you want it to happen or not. Nix, Gailey, and Whaley are going to ride with Fitzpatrick to glory or to the point where theyre fired. I, for one, am glad that they are trying to build a balanced team that is made for the playoffs, not just an aerial attack with a soft defense. (Packers, Saints, Pats)

Please, not Tanneyhill. I'm not crazy about Weeden, but I'l take him over the tan-man anyday. It'd be great if we went after Matt Flynn, but then what OC would he work with? -Gailey? I'm not at all impressed with this Dave Lee character. IMO, even if we do get a new QB, I think we'll keep sucking as long as Chan juggles two jobs.

Great point so many overlook

the 49ers made it to the NFC Championship game with a washed up, has been that sucked every other year he played in the NFL....what gives?

Eli Manning, where are all the record setting numbers that Brady, Brees have? The guy was supposedly a prima donna because he refused to play for the Chargers who drafted him. Which is exactly what John Elway did when the Colts drafted him.

I find it somewhat ironic that Perry Fewell now has a SB ring as the Giants DC after he was fired from the Buffalo Bills. But then so does current NY Giants OC Kevin ( "killdrive" as Bills fans called him) Gilbride who was the Bills OC during 2002-2003 and after he was fired in Buffalo he was hired by the NY Giants,and has been their OC since. He is responsible for grooming Eli Manning who now has 2 SB rings and Eli has 2 SB MVP's

Great point so many overlook

the 49ers made it to the NFC Championship game with a washed up, has been that sucked every other year he played in the NFL....what gives?

Eli Manning, where are all the record setting numbers that Brady, Brees have? The guy was supposedly a prima donna because he refused to play for the Chargers who drafted him. Which is exactly what John Elway did when the Colts drafted him.

I find it somewhat ironic that Perry Fewell now has a SB ring as the Giants DC after he was fired from the Buffalo Bills. But then so does current NY Giants OC Kevin ( "killdrive" as Bills fans called him) Gilbride who was the Bills OC during 2002-2003 and after he was fired in Buffalo he was hired by the NY Giants,and has been their OC since. He is responsible for grooming Eli Manning who now has 2 SB rings and Eli has 2 SB MVP's

Yeah but they weren't ELITE coordinators.

If it wasn't for Kyle Williams, and in the instance of the NFC Championship game, it really was just one player who affected the outcome, the 49ers would have been in the super bowl with a qb who is nowhere near the level of Manning Brady or Brees. The 49ers would likely have beat the Pats also, for they are a balanced team with a ferocious defense.

The Bills are simply not going to do any deal for a 1st round qb, whether you want it to happen or not. Nix, Gailey, and Whaley are going to ride with Fitzpatrick to glory or to the point where theyre fired. I, for one, am glad that they are trying to build a balanced team that is made for the playoffs, not just an aerial attack with a soft defense. (Packers, Saints, Pats)

I don't see the Niners ever getting to the Superbowl with Alex Smith. Not only will they have a tougher schedule, they'll have to beat Brees, Rodgers or Manning to get there. I know they almost did it this year, but they didn't, and chances are they won't have the home field advantage next year.

funny how a lot of people still dont get it.....

We need defense(schemes and players) and most importantly, pass rushers. Add an o-line.... then watch the bills enter the playoffs.

You put Brady, Manning(s), Brees on the bills in 2011 and we end up with the same record.

Edited by markgbe

Kind of like your a mediocre fan that doesnt like most of the players on the team. Kind of like tgreg. You guys should get together on your own time and talk your s*** about all the bills players, while the rest of us real fans speak well of the players we do have and watch them win.

Mr. Brandon, is that you?

Mr. Brandon, is that you?

Or maybe he's someone who comes to a Bills' message board to talk about the team and gets sick of the constant bashing of players. It's funny that Eli is now some god QB, when last year he threw 25 ints (2 more than Fitz threw this year). And for all the talk of Fitz not being able to come close to Brady and Manning, he helped beat Brady and barely lost to the Giants on the road. With a receiving core led by a 7th round pick and a bunch of undrafted guys.

Fitz isn't an elite QB but he certainly doesn't deserve the crap fans give him.

At the risk of arguing with a proven...."person who is always wrong"......as you have been fairly(IMO) characterized.....you can stipulate all you want but 6 of the top 20 highest individual passing seasons EVER were recorded this year.

So maybe there are more than just 5 excellent QB's in the whole league.

As I have stated before, the rising tide of the passing game is raising all ships. The below average QB is average now. The average are good. The great are greater. And maybe some of the good are great now. It's kinda like the steroid era of baseball. Guys who were 15-20 HR guys before were suddenly hitting 40. Yeah, they weren't Barry Bonds, but 40 hr was still sluggin'.

That's how you get a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick, who likely would not have been able to keep a starting job in the NFL of 5 years ago......putting up Jim Kelly-like passing numbers and instilling confidence in certain fans who can't really see that the value of those numbers has changed.

Didn't you get the joke? I guess I gotta' work on my delivery. :rolleyes:

Aaand you missed the point, completely. Wow. Shocking.

You talk of boats and tides and mediocrity, then you parrot the one person who once said I am "wrong" about everything (laughable, at best). Your words remind me that in the great swell of TSW, there are those who can read, and those who can react. Take that as you will.

Or maybe he's someone who comes to a Bills' message board to talk about the team and gets sick of the constant bashing of players. It's funny that Eli is now some god QB, when last year he threw 25 ints (2 more than Fitz threw this year). And for all the talk of Fitz not being able to come close to Brady and Manning, he helped beat Brady and barely lost to the Giants on the road. With a receiving core led by a 7th round pick and a bunch of undrafted guys.

How bout the bubbling controversy stirred up by the poo throwers during training camp when Eli dared suggest he's an elite quarterback on the same plane as Tom Brady.

Yes, it's a black and white world we're living in, folks, especially at the quarterback position. Don't ya know?

Well, they had their SB rubber match, and Brady--tail twixt his legs--has taken his marbles home.

Exactly right. Thank you couldn't of said it better myself

Aaand you missed the point, completely. Wow. Shocking.

You talk of boats and tides and mediocrity, then you parrot the one person who once said I am "wrong" about everything (laughable, at best). Your words remind me that in the great swell of TSW, there are those who can read, and those who can react. Take that as you will.

How bout the bubbling controversy stirred up by the poo throwers during training camp when Eli dared suggest he's an elite quarterback on the same plane as Tom Brady.

Yes, it's a black and white world we're living in, folks, especially at the quarterback position. Don't ya know?

Well, they had their SB rubber match, and Brady--tail twixt his legs--has taken his marbles home.

Yeah, it is an overreact to everything world. Brady sucks now because he lost 2 SBs (nevermind that he won 3 before). Eli is great now, even though he was close to losing his job several times if the Ginats had a decent backup option. The Giants are a great team now even though they were 7-7 at a point in the season and need to win their last 2 games to sneak into the playoffs.

Posted this in another thread.

All you have to look at is the Giant's post season DEFENSIVE stats.

Points Per Game: 1st

First Downs Per Game: 2nd

3rd Down Percentage: 1st

Now let's look at their OFFENSIVE stats:

Points Per Game: 5th

First Downs Per Game: 5th

3rd Down Percentage: 6th

What does this tell us? Out of 12 teams that made it into the playoffs the Giants basically had the best defense in these important game stats and they had a mediocre offense that didn't even rank in the top 1/3 of all offenses. Their defense was the best and they did this against pretty good to prolific offenses. The Falcons, the PACKERS, the 49'ers and THE NEW ENGLAND FREAKIN' PATRIOTS!!!! Defense and smart QB play wins championships! Defense and smart QB play win Superbowls.

Now if only the Bills could get out of the NFL basement in defense and we can acquire some WRs other than SJ that can catch the ball over their heads with their hands instead of the platoon of body snatchers we have we would be on the right track.

Does anyone else notice that good teams have WRs that can catch the ball over their head with their hands? We have guys that are tall but can't catch with their hands over their heads. They are body snatchers that have to be hit perfectly in stride.

Yeah, it is an overreact to everything world. Brady sucks now because he lost 2 SBs (nevermind that he won 3 before). Eli is great now, even though he was close to losing his job several times if the Ginats had a decent backup option. The Giants are a great team now even though they were 7-7 at a point in the season and need to win their last 2 games to sneak into the playoffs.

Exactly. It's all about what just happened.

PTR

Posted this in another thread.

All you have to look at is the Giant's post season DEFENSIVE stats.

Points Per Game: 1st

First Downs Per Game: 2nd

3rd Down Percentage: 1st

Now let's look at their OFFENSIVE stats:

Points Per Game: 5th

First Downs Per Game: 5th

3rd Down Percentage: 6th

What does this tell us? Out of 12 teams that made it into the playoffs the Giants basically had the best defense in these important game stats and they had a mediocre offense that didn't even rank in the top 1/3 of all offenses. Their defense was the best and they did this against pretty good to prolific offenses. The Falcons, the PACKERS, the 49'ers and THE NEW ENGLAND FREAKIN' PATRIOTS!!!! Defense and smart QB play wins championships! Defense and smart QB play win Superbowls.

Now if only the Bills could get out of the NFL basement in defense and we can acquire some WRs other than SJ that can catch the ball over their heads with their hands instead of the platoon of body snatchers we have we would be on the right track.

Does anyone else notice that good teams have WRs that can catch the ball over their head with their hands? We have guys that are tall but can't catch with their hands over their heads. They are body snatchers that have to be hit perfectly in stride.

Good points. If the Bills had pretty much any defense besides ours, they win more than 6 games. Fitz throws to 7th rounders and undrafted FAs and still led our best offense in years. Our offense wasn't the problem. We need to load up pass rushers, hope KW gets healthy, and add another quality receiver & we could definitely make noise next year.

That said, the Bills need to find a franchise quarterback. :pirate:

On a more serious note: I may actually challenge the notion that Brady "won" three Super Bowls. IIRC, Brady wasn't as instrumental to the regular season/post season/Super Bowl successes of those teams from 7, 8, and 10 years ago.

Rather--a balanced, ground and pound, anchored by defense approach was what kept New England in the business of winning championships.

In the two trips they've made to the Super Bowl since, Brady and co. have careened into the big dance on home field advantage, spurred mostly by an orgy of offensive achievement throughout the regular season.

And both times he's been bested by the meekly spoken runt with the stellar D.

I wonder if someone else in this equation knows what it's like to waltz through the regular season, then have it handed to him when it counts? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by The Big Cat

That said, the Bills need to find a franchise quarterback. :pirate:

On a more serious note: I may actually challenge the notion that Brady "won" three Super Bowls. IIRC, Brady wasn't as instrumental to the regular season/post season/Super Bowl successes of those teams from 7, 8, and 10 years ago.

Rather--a balanced, ground and pound, anchored by defense approach was what kept New England in the business of winning championships.

In the two trips they've made to the Super Bowl since, Brady and co. have careened into the big dance on home field advantage, spurred mostly by an orgy of offensive achievement throughout the regular season.

And both times he's been bested by the meekly spoken runt with the stellar D.

I wonder if someone else in this equation knows what it's like to waltz through the regular season, then have it handed to him when it counts? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

People are all a buzz with the new catch phrase that it is offense that wins games. Well defense still wins championships. The Giants have been proving this every superbowl they go to.

Minus the superbowl wins do the current day Patriots remind you of a team in the early 90's? They could light up the score board at any given minute and rolled into 4 consecutive superbowls only to have their incredible offense fail and come up short to superior defenses and their statistically poor defense couldn't slow down the opponent's good offenses?

Edited by PDaDdy

People are all a buzz with the new catch phrase is that offense wins games. Well defense still wins championships. The Giants have been proving this every superbowl they go to. Minus the superbwol wins do the current day Patriots remind you of a team in the early 90's? They could light up the score board at any given minute and rolled into 4 consecutive superbowls only to have their incredible offense fail and come up short to superior defenses and our statistically poor defense couldn't slow down their good offenses?

Ha, believe me, the thought was running through my head. I just didn't want to be the first to say it! :blush:

Ha, believe me, the thought was running through my head. I just didn't want to be the first to say it! :blush:

These people need to wake up! Stop looking for a quick fix and a single point of failure to place all their blame and hatred on! I'm trying to "drop some cold hard science" on them. Going into the superbowl game the best play off defense of the 2 has won the last 4 out of 5 I believe it is.

When the entire team was healthy was Fitz good enough to beat the Patriots in Buffalo 34-31 in week 3, and didn't he almost beat the NY Giants at their stadium in week 6, 27-24? BOTH SUPER BOWL TEAMS!

So, even with only ONE decent WR (Stevie Johnson), a cast off TE that no other teams wanted, a bad O line with 2 decent players, and a very good RB....Fitz managed to beat some good teams, and keep the game close in others.

Once the injuries hit the team really started losing big, center Eric Wood and Fred Jackson being the biggest, couple that in with the fact that the defense was still atrocious, and you have a reason for a 6-10 season. No depth on that O line and the same with the WR corps is what screwed the team, not the QB!

As old as this owner has become over the last decade even he is smart enough to realize Fitz needs more help and weapons, per Wilson

As for Fitzpatrick, Wilson gave full support to his slumping quarterback while saying the criticism directed at him was unfair. Wilson blamed Fitzpatrick’s struggles on a rash of injuries that have hampered the offense, and the lack of a supporting cast. “We’ve got to get receivers. If he hasn’t gotten anybody to throw to, he’s not going to win many games,” Wilson said. “We think he’s a good quarterback, and we’re going to stick with him and get him some better players, get him some runners, some tight ends that don’t get injured and some wide receivers and we’ll be OK.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-ralphwilson

The Bills need to get the QB more help no matter who he is.