The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read from the Bills site that they interviewed with RGIII. I dont ask why because I dont like him, (would love him), but to be perfectly honest, we dont have the bullets to compete with the other suiters for the 2 pick... Why waste their and his time interviewing - to further tease themselves?

Pretty simple answer...nothing is written in stone he is going #2 overall. Every year going into the draft, players projected to go top 5 slip further down into the top 10 or even further into the later parts of round 1 or round 2. Remember Aaron Rodgers? How about Jimmy Claussen? The draft is still a ways away and anything can happen to affect players draft stock. Now, in all likelihood RGIII is going to be gone before we pick, but it would be foolish to not do all your due diligence on him now in case he does begin to slip. Maybe he slips to a spot ahead of us that we can trade up to and not have to mortgage the future. Maybe something comes out that causes him to slide like Mallet did. You never know...so even though its unlikely he will be available when we pick or at a pick ahead of us at a reasonable trade up cost, you still check the the kid out just in case.

Remember, this is what these people in our FO are paid to to do...evaluate players. So big kudos to the FO for at least doing their homework. Not to mention there has been a lot of talk about a unnamed dark horse team that could jump in and pull off a trade to get him. So who knows, maybe its the Bills. He is the kind of QB Chan covets the most, and they really wanted Newton last year and seeing the success he had out the gate only fuels the desire for a guy like RG3. So you never know.

I would LOVE for us to pull off a trade for RG3, but I also know its still the Bills and I fully expect us to stay put at 10.

PS: Ralph also knows that he is living on borrowed time and that the QB position has been unsettled since Kelly retired. Maybe enough is enough, and he finally recognizes he really needs to do something big here to try and turn this decade long rebuilding process around and rejuvenate and energize the fan base to help keep the Bills in Buffalo. People hate on him a lot, but I know he loves the Bills and the fans and I doubt he wants to leave this world fielding losing teams after losing teams. So maybe Al's passing might light some urgency under him and he could push for a big splash and RG3 would be a HUGE splash!

Edited by Alphadawg7

I seem to remember a story where Belicheat would bring in all of the high ranked qbs for an interview. It wasn't because they were going to draft him but so he could pick their brain. That way he would have insight into their thought process when he had to face them. If this is whats going on :thumbsup: .

Also Chan has stated his preference for running qbs as the poster above stated maybe they will look into making a move. Either way its good to do some homework.

Finally, maybe this is what Ralph meant when he said we need some runners :ph34r:

A 1st and 2nd this year plus a 1st and 3rd next year, plus Spiller or Williams is probably what it would take to get Griffin. I'd guess St. Louis would prefer not trading Griffin to a team in their own conference unless the compensation is way better than other offers. Manning will probably go to the Skins or Dolphins so that eliminates one Griffin contender.

See, I think Fitz gets way too much blame and is far from our biggest problem. I do think he can lead us to the playoffs with better talent around him.

That said, I recognize he's limited. It gives me warm fuzzy feelings to think if Gailey can make Fitz and Thigpen look like legit NFL starters, what could he do with a true talent like Fitz? I love Newton last year but I did understand the character reservations (they still were overblown to me though). However, RG3 has the physical skills of Newton and the character of Tebow.

I hate the idea of giving up him picks, but I'm warming up to the idea. We need to make a big move. As much as everyone likes to call Ralph cheap, he has always been willing to pay his QBs good $: Jimbo, RJ after the trade, Bledsoe was the highest paid player in the league, and now Fitz. I beleive the Bills have never drafted a QB top 10. Maybe it's time to try something different. If the kid fails, it won't because of effort.

And worst case scenario, we will have a nasty Madden team next year. :devil:

The problem with Fitz is that he'll no doubt be good enough to keep the Bills out of franchise QB range for the next 5 years, AND he won't be good enough to beat Rodgers, Brees or Manning even if they ever did get to the big dance with him.

It'a a perplexing problem. The Bills either drop a bombshell trade to get RG III or they try to build a nasty as all defense to counteract the team's who have a franchise QB.

My shiny pony is a hell of a lot better than your beat up old nag.

...and you would base this on what performance indicators in the NFL? :oops:

Even if RG3 eventually plays as advertised in the NFL it would be a Pyrrhic victory. Pundits are already discussing how Cleveland moving up to get RG3 from #4 to #2 would be too high a cost. What in the world do you think it would cost to move up from #10? If we did give up almost literally everything to get him who would he play with? Is he capable of learning Gailey's system and getting rid of the ball in less than 2.36 seconds? Fitz is a pretty decent runner but RG3 is no doubt better. Perhaps it would be more interesting for you to see him running for his life for a few years while playing from 21 points down by the 3rd quarter.

Your crusade against Fitz is getting tired. Do you schedule yourself reminders to start some thread every day attacking Fitz from some slightly different and equally unimaginative angle? Fitz is going to be our starter for a few years. He has the contract and support of the front office and head coach to prove it.

It's your choice to accept reality and support they guy who IS and will be our QB or you can continue to whine like a little girl about losing the guy your mom said you should have married even though you couldn't get him anyway!

Edited by PDaDdy

A 1st and 2nd this year plus a 1st and 3rd next year, plus Spiller or Williams is probably what it would take to get Griffin. I'd guess St. Louis would prefer not trading Griffin to a team in their own conference unless the compensation is way better than other offers. Manning will probably go to the Skins or Dolphins so that eliminates one Griffin contender.

I make that trade in a heartbeat. If we are "aggressive" in Free agency as Buddy says we will be. And can sign Stevie, another top receiver, and two pass rushers. There is absolutely no reason not to make the trade based on your terms. And we would still have a lot of draft picks over the next two years to fill in the other holes. Go Bills!! BE BOLD!!

...and you would base this on what performance indicators in the NFL? :oops:

Even if RG3 eventually plays as advertised in the NFL it would be a Pyrrhic victory. Pundits are already discussing how Cleveland moving up to get RG3 from #4 to #2 would be too high a cost. What in the world do you think it would cost to move up from #10? If we did give up almost literally everything to get him who would he play with? Is he capable of learning Gailey's system and getting rid of the ball in less than 2.36 seconds? Fitz is a pretty decent runner but RG3 is no doubt better. Perhaps it would be more interesting for you to see him running for his life for a few years while playing from 21 points down by the 3rd quarter.

Your crusade against Fitz is getting tired. Do you schedule yourself reminders to start some thread every day attacking Fitz from some slightly different and equally unimaginative angle? Fitz is going to be our starter for a few years. He has the contract and support of the front office and head coach to do so. It's your choice to accept reality and support they guy who IS and will be our QB or you can continue to whine like a little girl about flashier PROSPECTS that we will never get.

States the guy who'd rather have Fitz than Eli. No, I don't base it on his performance indicators in the NFL. I base it on Fitz's performance. 6 wins don't cut it in this league. Save your predictable arguments as to why we had 6 wins. The first sentence of my reply is evidence enough your not playing with a full deck. I hope your mom keeps sharp objects above your reach.

This makes so much sense.

You cant attract the free agents without a franchise QB. Does J.Peppers go to Chi-town without Culter being there??

Does Welker, Moss, Ocho go to the Pats if Brady was not QB??

Does Sproles go to the Saints if Brees is not there?

These are examples of what you very rightly pointed out and if the Bills thinks that a Bowe or Coslton or even V. Jackson would come here if Fitz was deemed the franchise? your kidding yourselfs.

The aftereffects of trading up to get RG3 would not pay off this year because the D would still need help. But they would set themselfs up for for years of effective offense they would be able to outscore just about everybody.

RG3- QB

Jackson AND CJ RB's

Stevie, Nelson, Roscoe, Hagen,Jones at WR

Chandler TE.

We would have some serious weapon for RG3 to work with. Plus he would not have to win games all by himself.

If there was a yr to do it it would be this yr.

An argument I have made a number of times. Well said. "If you build it, he will come".

States the guy who'd rather have Fitz than Eli. No, I don't base it on his performance indicators in the NFL. I base it on Fitz's performance. 6 wins don't cut it in this league. Save your predictable arguments as to why we had 6 wins. The first sentence of my reply is evidence enough your not playing with a full deck. I hope your mom keeps sharp objects above your reach.

Do we at all consider Fitz's broken ribs in assessing his season? I mean really, are we just going to pretend that his slump starting right after breaking his ribs was just a coincidence & that it has no bearing? Or are we pretending that "franchise" :sick: QBs aren't phased by broken bones?

Edited by Rob's House

LOL. Dude you kill me. It's like your saying "the world is flat" and asking me to "save my predictable arguments" for why it is round. I literally almost spit out the water I was drinking laughing.

I'm repeating myself but I will remind you that TEAMS win and lose games. It's really quite simple. If you don't get it, you don't get it. I'll find other more worthy intellects to engage in meaningful discussions with.

That being said, I do find your post humorous so at least that has value. Have you ever thought of a career in sports comedy? My only suggestion is to come up with some new material because your back handed Fitz whining, although funny, is starting to get old.

Do we at all consider Fitz's broken ribs in assessing his season? I mean really, are we just going to pretend that his slump starting right after breaking his ribs was just a coincidence & that it has no bearing? Or are we pretending that "franchise" :puke: QBs aren't phased by broken bones?

It's all been brought up before like the huge rash of injuries at key positions that also coincide with the slide. You can't educate a stump. He's already trying to weasel out of next year if Fitz comes out blazing again if everyone is healthy. If that happens he won't admit to being wrong but that it is some sort of aberration just like last year and that Fitz sucks and it has nothing to do with any other factors.

It was my fault for even entertaining participating in this thread. He's a TROLL and won't change his mind despite "the predictable arguments" for why he is wrong. Any intelligent poster has to weigh all of the factors and consider new information. People who are more concerned with being right stick to their point despite any and all information provided to the contrary.

It's all been brought up before like the huge rash of injuries at key positions that also coincide with the slide. You can't educate a stump. He's already trying to weasel out of next year if Fitz comes out blazing again if everyone is healthy. If that happens he won't admit to being wrong but that it is some sort of aberration just like last year and that Fitz sucks and it has nothing to do with any other factors.

It was my fault for even entertaining participating in this thread. He's a TROLL and won't change his mind despite "the predictable arguments" for why he is wrong. Any intelligent poster has to weigh all of the factors and consider new information. People who are more concerned with being right stick to their point despite any and all information provided to the contrary.

I don't think he's a troll, he's just Canadian.

How can you project who is going to pick where before the draft and FA? o and the season :wallbash:

Well I didn't thats what most NFL analyst are projecting, Mel Kiper & Todd McShay already have next years prospects rated but the move up or down based on the Collage Football Season & unless Matt Barkley totally falls apart he is every Draft analyst #1 pick & as far as the Bills pick 9th, thats Las Vegas predictions, New England is slated to pick 32 which translate that they win the Superbowl but remember theses are just the first projections it will change a 100 times before 2013

Edited by Matt183

assuming you consider RG III a "franchise" QB.....and it costs say swapping this years #1's PLUS two additional first round picks (2013 & 2014) or the scenario above...you do it !!

people OVER VALUE draft choices. besides being an unproven crapshoot....you haven't "given" up anything.....you have "freed" yourself from alloting salary cap space for an unproven rookie.... you can use that money on PROVEN free agents.

There is a chance that could get it done but my guess is that the Rams will be interested in quality over quantity and the offers for RG3 are going to be substantial.

The two firsts are good. That's a given.

Extra second and third rounders are ok but they are far less valuable in trade than a first rounder obviously. Those aren't great chips.

If I am the Rams I am holding out for a young pro bowl type cornerstone player. Williams is of little value. Coming off injury his value is probably 3rd round to a team that even wants to go to the trouble of checking him out medically, which could be very subjective and involved. I don't see him being a viable chip, IMO.

Spiller is dynamic, but runnin bax ain't as valuable as they used to be. To me, he is a second round value in trade, if he even fits your system. Dareus is a stud player. He'd go top 5 in this draft, probably 3rd overall again. Aaron Williams is a player with promise at the corner position. If I am the Rams I take the two #1's and Dareus and Williams. If I could get away with swapping Spiller out for Dareus......in a heartbeat. CJ is a gamebreaking talent but bax are cheap and plentiful.

Then, if I am the Bills I still have some early picks in the next couple seasons to replenish and spread out the roster base.

Chris Mortensen Said on NFL 32 that the Bills GM Buddy Nix said the Bills WON'T trade for RG3 that the Rams want too much, Also there are Rumors that the Bills are interested in CB Morris Claiborne LSU

Well I guess there is Hope we can lose bad enough to get Matt Barkley in next years Draft. I am crushed & the season hasn't started

Edited by Matt183