Ralph Wilson optimistic Toronto series will be renewed

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many of you probably know, I am one of the posters around here always trying to find the positive in everything. However, I have to say that there is none to be found here. I'm not going to give up on the team, that's just not who I am, but I am certainly starting to understand the people on the other side of the coin. 12 straight years missing the playoffs and we are supposed to have patience? C'mon man...

All he is saying is to give Nix and Gailey a chance to right the ship. Everyone is so mad about the last twelve years but its been 4 different regimes. It's only year #2 for Nix and Gailey, not 12.

PTR

But it's been 12 years for Ralph Inc. That's the point. If he would hire better GMs and HCs, we wouldn't be in rebuild rerun.

Edited by JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS

We just send the message back to Ralphie, "Patience Ralphie, I'll buy tickets when the team doesn't suck!"

"Ladies and Gentlemen, HERE ARE YOUR 2014 LOS ANGELES BILLS OF ANAHEIM!"

Message received.

Edited by Kevin

Two years in and approaching the 3rd Nix draft we have regressed from the Jauron era. There is no sugar coating it.

Fitz is a 7 year vet. With little upside. Today and recently Gailey gave him full approval. In some pro organizations it's the kiss of death. Not the Bills. Sorry, the spread offense is bush league, and the rest of the NFL now know it.

But it's obviously designed to play up to Fitz's strengths (perhaps the reason Ralph mentioned the tight end position for the first time since Warlick) The short passing game is our future with Fitz. Our only future.

Hard to stand pat, be patient when next year is looking like another big helping of 2011.

Both offense and defense schemes suck to be frank. This is way more than a few players man. This is year 3 were going into and the boss says be patient.

It's really hard since there is little evidence of anything changing other than few jersey names.

Ralph Wilson needs a good fisting. He's always treated the team as an investment and run it like a business. To the extent that winning helped the bottom line, ol' Ralph was okay with it... but I get the sense that he never really cared either way as long as his pockets were lined by the hard working folks of Buffalo (and now Toronto).

Keep shoveling your cash into Ralph's pockets and he'll laugh all the way to the bank.

All he is saying is to give Nix and Gailey a chance to right the ship. Everyone is so mad about the last twelve years but its been 4 different regimes. It's only year #2 for Nix and Gailey, not 12.

PTR

Yet in two years this team looks worse than Jauron's teams which never had an NFL QB, had an amateur for an offensive coordinator for one of those years and a far worse offensive line. That's quite the feat for Nix & Gailey to nab.

We just send the message back to Ralphie, "Patience Ralphie, I'll buy tickets when the team doesn't suck!"

I agree - as I said, 7 home games with 40,000 people in the stands would certainly get his attention. BUT SELLING OUT THE STADIUM - EVEN 4 OR 5 OF THE GAMES, WILL ONLY RE-ENFORCE RALPH'S "PATIENCE", and go to show that RALPH WILSON CAN PUT AS CRA--Y OF A TEAM ON THE FIELD AS HE CARES OR BOTHERS TO, AND HE'LL STILL GET HIS $$$.

PTR

I love your reliable perspective Promo, but I don't think it is Nix and Gailey people are angry about - it's more what Ralph appears to be saying between the lines, so to speak. I heard, "We're keeping Fitz at QB because we just gave him a bunch of money", and, "We're not drafting a QB next year". "We're not going to be changing our spending habits, in the way of F.A.'s; rather, we're going to build slowly - so a 4 year rebuild isn't out of the question..."

What really gets me is this commitment to Fitz - It'll be the last straw for me if they allow themselves to go into next season without a viable option beside Fitz on the roster, and since we know he isn't a Franchise QB, and this draft coming up has the potential to have a few - it looks like now or another 3-5 years before we have a chance at a Franchise QB. That's what is killing me. And no mention of Defense?

And 3 years is enough for any GM/Coach to put together a playoff team.

Edited by sllib olaffub

What exactly does this mean from the AP article and comment from RW?

I hope we are sticking with Fred and CJ and not drafting another RB. This comment makes no sense.

I thought that comment odd, Like an old man out of touch with his own team needs. He had a back that was used poorly last Sunday. A good back. It wasn't CJ's fault.Ralph's statement seemed like an extension of what he said 3 years ago. With his "we need a quarterback" comment.

It means our owner is a doddering idiot. I know it's not the politically correct thing to say, but this team is headed to football oblivion until Ralph.... sells the team. Are we supposed to be rooting for eternal life for Ralph at the expense of the viability of our franchise which means so much to ourselves, our families, and our friends??

Runners? Who is the second best back behind Trent Richardson, because that is who Ralph is targeting right now.

I don't think you can read too much into what he was saying. He just speaks in public so infrequently that we hang on his every word when he rarely does. Realistically, it seems he was just making an off-the-cuff blanket statement. I doubt he's much involved in personnel decisions anymore.

Which NFL franchise takes their fans through the ringer like this one does? This is the same owner who said the team would take a QB last year, but we're not even debating the Toronto thing, which is the main point of the article. It's become so bad we're forced to wonder if the nonagenarian owner is actually lucid.

:bag:

>>>>>We've got to get receivers. If he hasn't gotten anybody to throw to, he's not going to win many games,"<<<<<

This is a very depressing statement by Mr. Wilson. It reminds one of Spiller "adding excitement." It also makes me want to not waste time thinking about the draft this season.

Mr. Wilson is a genius. He knows JUST how to play to the crowd. There will be a horde of posters who would be thrilled with a first round receiver. And if it after 2 years he has a 2 touchdown game it will be the fans, not Mr. Wilson calling for "patience." And they will justify the idiotic selection.

We will have a question mark at QB, no pass rush, and a dime store LT, but a shiny little new toy to sell tickets ala Spiller.

This sucks. :wallbash::angry:

Truly, Bill. This interview or press conference has me more depressed than pretty much anything over the past decade. 1. He thinks that Fitz is all right. As most of us here see, he is all right to win a few games but not to win playoff games assuming we ever get there with him.

2. Receivers and TEs and runners ??? I agree with the receiver part but runner and TE is NOT the reason we have a pathetic offense. It is blocking, WR and QB play

3. Where is the accountability on defense ? Admission that the DC simply sucks cos he cannot even put the existing talent to good use.

4. As I wrote before, what does he mean by patience ? Even assuming you forget the previous regime, this regime does not deserve more than one additional year to show success. The NFL is littered with teams that showed a turnaround in a couple of years

Finally, an over-arching question. Why is the owner making comments about personnel ? That is the GM's job. For the first time, I am starting to believe the ones who keep telling us that the owner meddles too much. Perhaps he does.

Looks like RW is truly out of touch with the times. He thinks this is the 70s and 80s when teams needed several years to rebuild. I think RW is frankly out of his mind. Sorry, but I am incredibly pi$$ed right now for the above reasons.

What butt headed, racist, ignorant son of a gun. He has just insulted the current WRs and RBs on the team. It's also an indication that Stevie is gone. They won't pay the men who happen to be black in Fred and Stevie but they feel comfortable in paying the nappy bearded, weak armed QB. that's just plain wrong. Stevie should be the #2 receiver and Easily the number 1.

The more I read it the more I realize that he just not with it.

PTR

Sure, but he's saying that we're going to suck again in year 3... Year 3 is where we should see significant results, sure may not get to the playoffs but we better be a team our division starts to think about instead of looking forward to their bi-seasonal shootout. We better be 3-3 divisional next season, ideally even 4-2 but 3-3 at a minimum.

It's so simple! Get some of those injury-proof TEs he was talking about. Oh, and runners! Tons of runners! To run! Then we'll be the runners of the NFL. Opposing teams will say "wow, look at those runners. And my do they run." We'll do a running play like... a run. Then we'll be so proud that our runners ran.

Sorry Ralph. I have no more patience. I want it all and I want it now! Some free agent aquisitions and a good draft the Bills should be playoff contenders. No excuses. Get out the checkbook and get it done.

Edited by bmur66

What exactly does this mean from the AP article and comment from RW?

I hope we are sticking with Fred and CJ and not drafting another RB. This comment makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense if your almost a century old and rock the morphine drip 24-7. From that perspective, it all makes sense.

Nothing makes me laugh like the Ralph hate that appears on this board. For all of you guys that are out of patience, just what exactly are you gonna do about it?

Some people will vent, some will stop buying tickets and some will stop watching altogether. It depends on how fed up the person is. It's been 12 years and RW says we need to be patient. That's the thing that you should be laughing at, not the Ralph haters. I actually laugh at the RW kiss a%5es on this board who defend him no matter what. He's the one constant thru the years with this inept, poor excuse of an organization. He's the reason they suck so bad year after year. He threw the only great GM this tean has ever had out the door. Then he pushed John Butler out. No decent coach would ever come to this laughing stock of an organization. What will all you Ralph kiss a%&es say about him after he passes and leaves the team to be sold to the highest bidder? Ralph only cares about positioning this team to be sold to the highest bidder.