Ralph Wilson optimistic Toronto series will be renewed

All he is saying is to give Nix and Gailey a chance to right the ship. Everyone is so mad about the last twelve years but its been 4 different regimes. It's only year #2 for Nix and Gailey, not 12.

PTR

Predictably and intentionally missing the point.

Obviously you don't see the irony of the bolded statement.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people will vent, some will stop buying tickets and some will stop watching altogether. It depends on how fed up the person is. It's been 12 years and RW says we need to be patient. That's the thing that you should be laughing at, not the Ralph haters. I actually laugh at the RW kiss a%5es on this board who defend him no matter what. He's the one constant thru the years with this inept, poor excuse of an organization. He's the reason they suck so bad year after year. He threw the only great GM this tean has ever had out the door. Then he pushed John Butler out. No decent coach would ever come to this laughing stock of an organization. What will all you Ralph kiss a%&es say about him after he passes and leaves the team to be sold to the highest bidder? Ralph only cares about positioning this team to be sold to the highest bidder.

:lol:

Nothing makes me laugh like the Ralph hate that appears on this board. For all of you guys that are out of patience, just what exactly are you gonna do about it?

The same thing I have been doing. Nothing. I have not spent one penny on Bills tickets in many years. The few games I have went to I had free tickets. Ol Ralphie won't be seeing any of my cash. I even bought a counterfit 99 jersey.

Ralph Wilson reminds me of an old boss of mine. Ralph is direct and to the point. But his point is usually a good one. I agree that it will take time to build this into a contender. Ralph said earlier in the year that he was "shocked" at the success of the Bills. At the time I thought he was being too negative. I was wrong - he was right. The only disagreement I have is when he said it would take several years to rebuild the franchise. 2012 is the third year in this experiment. We should start to see some improvement by then. If Cincinnati can do it, so can Buffalo.

Edited by dbringer

The same thing I have been doing. Nothing. I have not spent one penny on Bills tickets in many years. The few games I have went to I had free tickets. Ol Ralphie won't be seeing any of my cash. I even bought a counterfit 99 jersey.

Good for you. We vote every day with how we spend our money.

"We've got to get receivers. If he hasn't gotten anybody to throw to, he's not going to win many games," Wilson said. "We think he's a good quarterback, and we're going to stick with him and get him some better players, get him some runners, some tight ends that don't get injured and some wide receivers and we'll be OK."

I don't suppose that "Marshawn Lynch" who is doing great with the Seahawks ( #8 RB overall, 1000+ yards 11TD's) or Lee Evans, (who will get his chance to shine now with Bolden injured) should be considered RB's or WR's. two former #1 picks traded for a pair of 4ths. Just think, whatever WR-RB-TE they draft # 1 this year will be on the trading block in 5 years.

#1 pick Donte Whitner gone, and now playing for a top five D in SF ! Poz gone, and now playing for a top 5 D in Jacksonville. #1 pick Maybin gone and now playing on a top #7 D, doing well with the hated Jets. WTH good is it to have patience when this club keeps jettisoning its top picks and talent ?? refuses to hire top coaches to get the best out of its players so players like Maybin are NOT completely wasted in Buffalo.

So tell me, wtf good is having patience with a team in which everyone in the organization has no effing clue how to do their job!! Save the yes men who are responsible for ticket sales, as they will make up any rumor they can to fill the stadium

WR's RB's TE's, and no talk of better protection for a man who has difficulty taking 3 step drop backs because he has no time to throw....

For the love of God it would be great at some point for Fitz to be able to take 5-7 step drops like the most other teams in the NFL, but I suppose that won't happen in this owners (Ralph Wilson's) lifetime :bag:

Edited by Fear the Beard

This whole operation sucks and needs to be blown up. It. Wont until rw is no longer the owner. This guy is making judgements and decisions as a barely lucid 93 year old.

He speaks like he is the only one who has a clue, while fans, local media, national media, former bills players who have gone elsewhere don't have any knowledge.

The attitude he still has is a macro view of the team. Even at 93 can't he just say and think things like:

'we think we have the start of a good core, we are going to try to find the missing pieces and depth. In order to afford the extra salary, rogers is buying a game a year at a premium.'

Worst part of Ralphs quote was this.

"We've got to get receivers. If he hasn't gotten anybody to throw to, he's not going to win many games," Wilson said. "We think he's a good quarterback, and we're going to stick with him and get him some better players, get him some runners, some tight ends that don't get injured and some wide receivers and we'll be OK."

TEs that don't get injured? How about a TE that is not a 7th round picks, or a UDFAs, or off the waiver wire?

Get some recievers? This is the front office that preferred Donald Jones over Lee Evans because they wanted to "see what their players can do". They brought in Ruvell Martin when Parish got hurt. Nice move there.

Some runners? - We had Lynch, Jackson and Spiller two years ago - how about some blockers?

What about Fitz himself? What have we seen in his arm strength and accuracy to be convinced he is good QB?

Edited by Bob in STL

I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up about his "observations" about personnel - it's clear from his comments that he has no idea what he's talking about, and probably has nothing to do anymore with specific personnel decisions (and appropriately so). What bugs me is the timetable - it's clear he's in no hurry to spend money to fix this thing, even though he's about to pocket another bag of cash from the Toronto extension. This whole thing is a scam. If you buy tickets for this product, you've been scammed. Frankly, if your elected officials let your tax dollars go into this product, you're being scammed. This is just a shade less corrupt than a Bulgarian state-run operation. You pay into something in part by choice - relying on misrepresentations - and in part because you're compelled to. You get nothing in return, and Ralph gets richer. Stop tolerating it - stop buying tickets, and tell your politicians you're fed up. Frankly you have very little to lose. If the team moves, so be it - better that than more of this crooked cronyistic failure.

Nothing makes me laugh like the Ralph hate that appears on this board. For all of you guys that are out of patience, just what exactly are you gonna do about it?

They are going to kick & scream and B*t*h & moan about how easy it is to build a playoff team in one offseason, and how Ralph is only out to make money off of the poor poor fans of Buffalo who don't deserve what they are getting.

They are going to kick & scream and B*t*h & moan about how easy it is to build a playoff team in one offseason, and how Ralph is only out to make money off of the poor poor fans of Buffalo who don't deserve what they are getting.

Honestly man, here is what you should do: go to your bank, tell them you'd like to empty all of your accounts, and have them make out a check to Ralph Wilson, Jr. for the full amount. Then send it to him with a Christmas card. It will save you the trouble of having to make multiple payments to him over time.

The way the NFL is setup you can rebuild a team rather quickly if your willing to bring in top flight coaches & a GM that know what he is doing & are willing to spend money. The bills have none of this. They have a GM that noone wanted who has 1 foot out the door thinking of retirement, they have coaches that noone wanted, they have beancounters making critical football decisions & they have an owner that refuses to open up his checkbook. Seriously wilson, your time has come, sell the fuggin team. If that means the team moves then so be it. The way the Bills are run now, it is like they are not even part of the NFL. They are like a minor league franchise for the rest of the teams.