Idea: C.J. Spiller to Detroit for 2nd Rounder?

ShipUPride

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Detroit's 2nd will be late. If they wanted him they would have to give us at least a 1 which they would not do. Also, we would probably not do that certainly not until Fred is resigned. Anyway Fred is old we would be wise to hang on to CJ.

Edited by dayman

Am I missing something? Did Jahvad (sorry for the spelling) get hurt?

ya brah, 2 concussions real quick he may need to just chill for the rest of the season...fried brain right now

Edited by dayman

The Bills aren't going to trade away their depth at RB for a low 2nd round pick when they have a high first invested in it.

Moot point since the deadline was Tuesday.

To be honest though he's not being used very much and his "high first invested" is under the old (ridiculous) contracts. The Bills I know would consider it absent any ego blow it may provide.

The Bills aren't going to trade away their depth at RB for a low 2nd round pick when they have a high first invested in it.

Moot point since the deadline was Tuesday.

Hmmm depth at RB. So far this year 6 games 15 rushing touches for 107 yards. Last season 14 games 74 rushing touches for 283 yards.

Not a lot of depth at RB there say I.

Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb! We don't have depth, CJ hasn't really played that much (Fred is an absolute stud this year and would be starting over almost anyone at this point), He can & is being used as a receiver at this point. I would say he is more valuable then the OP thinks. Give the kid some time, he has talent, he needs to be educated by Gailey a little more. Plus Freddy aint no spring chicken, he is playing @ a high level now, but i cant see him doing more then a couple more years. We need to worry about re-signing Freddy more then a potential trade that couldn't even be possible at this point!

Just my 3 cents worf!

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Plus one million more wrongs. Though I like Fred Jackson, there will come a time (As with all running backs) when he get's old and loses the tread in his tires. When that time comes, we need someone like Spiller to carry the load. And you want to flush that hope down the toilet?

Don't usually say this but "dumb thread". Stop hating on CJ and stop hating on first round picks that aren't probowlers their first year. The guy is in his second year and hasn't gotten on the field because he is playing behind the NFL yards from scrimmage leader. Give it a rest.

I'll state the incredibly obvious to most. What happens if Fred gets hurt? What happens when Fred's age catches up to him? Why would anyone trade away the 9th overall pick in the 2010 draft 1/3 of the way into the 2011 season when he hasn't had a real chance to play?

Get real.

Jahvid Best was a poor mans Spiller in that draft. Too bad that it's turned the other way. No way would Detroit give up their second rounder for him - Millen's not there anymore.

Best didn't exactly set the world on fire last year or this year either, and now his career is in jeopardy. They'd be fools not to jump at a 2nd for Spiller.

Perhaps the Bills should give Spiller a full season under his belt before declaring him unworthy. He's barely played since he was signed. Patience.

Agreed. He had some decent plays in the last game, I thought. They are using him as a WR/RB. I'm not completely against that. Forget for a minute that he was a first rounder, and that he might possibly be a bust. What's the best way to use him NOW? I think they (the Bills) are doing it right.

If they think they are Superbowl contenders, and need a RB so badly, maybe now is the time that we get value for CJ. Let's face it, a number 1 draft pick should never be second string RB/WR.

I would not trade him for a draft pick. A pick and a proven player (LB)? Maybe..

If they think they are Superbowl contenders, and need a RB so badly, maybe now is the time that we get value for CJ. Let's face it, a number 1 draft pick should never be second string RB/WR.

Are u serious?... really?..... horrible idea! what would we do if freddie got hurt? Oh, Chris White will save the day. umm, ok.

Hmmm depth at RB. So far this year 6 games 15 rushing touches for 107 yards. Last season 14 games 74 rushing touches for 283 yards.

Not a lot of depth at RB there say I.

hmmm, 107 divided by 15 = 7.13 yards per carry. no potential there. wtf

...and further more, depth is also for when someone goes down.

i don't get some of u guys.

Even if he is- it's slim odds of getting better at the end of the second. That said, a number 1 draft pick isn't always a starter this fast. Just saying.

If Fred were 26 and we had some other good looking RB for depth I'd say yeah ok.

Not with a 30 yr old Fred and zero other talent behind him.

I think CJ has shown real flashes of being a big play guy and he seems to have excellent hands.

. . . there is only one football

If there's only one football, then some of the games that the NFL says are being televised live must actually be shown on a tape-delayed basis. Kind of like that OJ movie about the moon landing, except not really because that was totally staged and not just tape-delayed.

I don't think that's happening - - - I think they have more than one football and really do play several games simultaneously each week.

And some people think I advocate conspiracy theories!

ya brah, 2 concussions real quick he may need to just chill for the rest of the season...fried brain right now

I think it was his third. He might be done for good if this keeps up. For his sake, I hope he is really careful about returning, there's some pretty compelling evidence about the long term effects of multiple concussions. Not just memory loss but depression, dementia etc.