Bills will go all O with picks 1, 2 and 3.

Link.

#3 Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri.

#34 Kyle Rudloph TE Notre Dame.

#68 James Carpenter OT Alabama.

I like Blaine Gabbert and this scenario would be a good investment in our offense, but I have to think that it's absolutely impossible that we ignore our D until round 4. WalterFootball should go back to the drawing board on this mock. Our porous run D has to be priority #1.

Link.

I like Blaine Gabbert and this scenario would be a good investment in our offense, but I have to think that it's absolutely impossible that we ignore our D until round 4. WalterFootball should go back to the drawing board on this mock. Our porous run D has to be priority #1.

And this is after the Bills stated they they are going to go heavy on DEFENSE in the draft. I have to think our early picks will be dedicated to the defensive front 7 or the OL. Carpenter is understandable, but I don't envision the rest panning out that way.

Link.

I could see Gabbert and Rudolph. Remember Rudolph can block so he upgrades the RT/OL to some degree as well. I can't see them taking a tackle this early with so many needs on defense. If Gabbert and Ruolph went 1-2, I would bet the rest of the draft is all front 7 defenders.

Link.

I like the Rudolph pick in round 2

Link.

Wow! Have to admit this is EXACTLY what I think The Bills will do in Rounds 1-3...Then I think they'll go defense the rest of the way...I would be absolutely thrilled with this Draft, though admittedly I don't know much about Carpenter...Gabbert, Rudolph, and a RT would THRILL me...But I'm mainly thinking Gabbert and Rudolph in the 1st and 2nd...This Team cannot be re-built in this Draft alone anyway...And I think the opportunity to fill those 3 HUGE needs in the 1st three Picks would be awesome... B-)

Link.

This guy has hit his head :wallbash: and has lasting effects from it & should really go & get himself checked out because this kind of irrational thought can lead to some thing bad !! :doh:

This guy has hit his head :wallbash: and has lasting effects from it & should really go & get himself checked out because this kind of irrational thought can lead to some thing bad !! :doh:

Right, because The Bills don't have Needs at QB, TE, and RT...They don't have 20 Picks, and Rome was not built in a day...Everyone thinks The Bills will go Defense, and if they do who could blame them?...But they have needs all over the Field and this Draft would land them the #1 QB, the #1 TE, and an All-SEC OT in the 2011 Draft...That would really suck huh? <_<

I doubt we go 3 offensive players in Rd 1-3. It's possible if the defensive players we like are off the board when we pick. Like I said before, we are in rebuilding mode, still. We need to fill "x" positions over the next couple years, if we "hit" on the 3 offensive players, I'm all for it. I just wanna land players that will help our team win ball games

Link.

absolutly never will happen,if the go QB in the first it will be defense the rest of the way but they will take a OT somewhere in the third to fifth round. so i say the will go offense for 2 picks a QB and OT and the rest of the draft will be all defense.

Link.

I hope not. Gabbert is no better than a 2nd rounder, and Rudolph is soft, can't stay healthy in college, he will stay hurt in the pro's. Neither one can stop the run. I'll pass on both.

Right, because The Bills don't have Needs at QB, TE, and RT...They don't have 20 Picks, and Rome was not built in a day...Everyone thinks The Bills will go Defense, and if they do who could blame them?...But they have needs all over the Field and this Draft would land them the #1 QB, the #1 TE, and an All-SEC OT in the 2011 Draft...That would really suck huh? <_<

Completely agree. The Bills have holes at nearly every major position on both sides of the ball (except, according to Nix, at DT). I'm all for drafting marquee prospects to fill the gaps in our defense, but the draft board doesn't always leave predictable openings, and you have to react to the talent the board leaves you. Like it or not, the Bills DO have glaring needs at TE and OT, and both of those positions would help accelerate and protect the development of a rookie QB (or whatever QB, rookie or veteran, we happen to field this season). And like it or not, there are players who will slide to the middle rounds who could still make an impact as either starters, rotational players, or as depth-line contributors on offense OR defense. Barring trades, the Bills have nine picks in this year's draft. They could conceivably draft offense in rounds 1-3 and STILL draft 6 defensive players and have a "defense-heavy" draft.

I don't know that a draft like this is likely, but I concur with the previous poster-- if the Bills feel they are getting the #1 QB and TE of this year's class, and complimenting both with a starting caliber OT, it would be hard to argue the logic of these first three picks.

Link.

I simulated that and the rest could look all "D", with OLB's being reaches at those picks.

100 Buffalo Casey Matthews ILB Oregon

122 Buffalo Pierre Allen DE Nebraska

133 Buffalo Chris Neild DT34 West Virginia

169 Buffalo Ugo Chinasa OLB34 Oklahoma State

206 Buffalo Josh Thomas CB Buffalo

245 Buffalo D'Aundre Reed OLB34 Arizona

Yup....cause there will be plenty of guys in rounds 4-7 ready to step on the field and help fix the league's worst run defense. :thumbs

Why can't Carrington, Moats, Batten, and Troup be counted on to stop the run? The Bills run defense stinks for one simple reason; we haven't developed players. I for one think the new regime is changing that. The guys we drafted last year are the future too.

I simulated that and the rest could look all "D", with OLB's being reaches at those picks.

100 Buffalo Casey Matthews ILB Oregon

122 Buffalo Pierre Allen DE Nebraska

133 Buffalo Chris Neild DT34 West Virginia

169 Buffalo Ugo Chinasa OLB34 Oklahoma State

206 Buffalo Josh Thomas CB Buffalo

245 Buffalo D'Aundre Reed OLB34 Arizona

That is one ugly draft.

Link.

I would absolutely hate this draft.

Gabbert should not be taken in the first round by any team. Major reach.

We need to stop the run and rush the passer. Troup will take a step forward but counting on Carrington, Batten and Moats is crazy. This is a great Draft for DL. Load up now.

Link.

wanna bet?

Why can't Carrington, Moats, Batten, and Troup be counted on to stop the run? The Bills run defense stinks for one simple reason; we haven't developed players. I for one think the new regime is changing that. The guys we drafted last year are the future too.

This is one point that people tend to forget. We addressed several D spots last year in FA and the draft. Those players should help in 2011.

Plua, helping the Offense be better, will also help the D. If the O stays on the field and scores more points, the D won't always have to play from behind and face teams trying to ground the ball and burn clock.

Not to mention that the Offense was also one of the worst rated in the league so they need just as much attention as the defense.

Link.

Wouldn't be upset with that, could also go;

#34 Solder LT (hopefully still there) or road grader Marcus Cannon RT or DT/DE Stephen Paea

#68 Luke Stocker TE or Sam Acho OLB or Colin McCarthy ILB

Don't forget kids, the Bills offense was actually statistically worse than their defense last year.

You just remember it being the other way around because the way the defense failed (being dominated on the ground) felt emotionally worse than the way the offense failed (Fitz spraying the ball around wildly).

Don't forget kids, the Bills offense was actually statistically worse than their defense last year.

You just remember it being the other way around because the way the defense failed (being dominated on the ground) felt emotionally worse than the way the offense failed (Fitz spraying the ball around wildly).

Defense wins Championships. Offense is nice to watch.

Link.

LOL. What a dumb@$$. Just goes to show you what Walterfootball is good for, cause they don't know **** what the Bills are gonna do. Of course the Bills are gonna take Defense. I would be surprised if we pick an offensive player in the top 3. When your defense ranks last in the run, everyone in the world knows we have to get better there.

Gabbert is not worth a 3 pick for anything. We mise well go back in time and draft Tim Couch or Alex Smith...

If the Bills do go offense at #3 I hope it is for Green, not Gabbert. Like another poster said, the average QB's best friend is a great receiver (and TE as well). I would rather see Miller if he is there, then QB @ 34, either Kap or Dalton, then TE in the third. Realistically, I think they will go BPA in a designated need area. You could argue that DL, LB, future QB, TE, OL are all "need improvement " areas. It is hard to imagine drafted anything other than defense at 3 since if your heart is set on a QB at least one good one will be there at 34.

You guys give Fitz no credit whatsoever. I for one believe he might get better with a off season learning more about Chan's offense.

Besides they can get a major impact players on Defense in rounds 1 and 2. I like the 3rd round pick for RT and Buddy said himself we need one so that might happen.

I have said all year that we need to find players that can rush the passer and stop the run. Even though TE is a need no way we draft one in the 2nd.

This is one of the deepest drafts in terms of front 7 defensive talent with a first round grade...if the Bills don't take advantage of that, then they are idiots.

I've been trying to read up on Gabbert as much as possible, and the more I look into this kid, the more I do NOT want to draft him. The only offensive player we should even THINK about in the top 10 of this draft is AJ Green. Aside from him, we need to try to grab some of these stud DLine players.

Link.

walterfootball could very well be right. we are the godddawful,horribly run buffalo bills.

lets wait at least few more years to fix the worst front 7 in football.just in time for kyle williams to start aging or getting slowed by injuries.

Link.

[/quote

I'm still trying to figure out what Blaine Gabbert has done to even be considered a number one pick?

Link.

Why does the Bills porous run D have to be priority #1? Their porous QB play, TE play and OT play is just as important to try and address in this draft as well. Plus, you are forgetting the fact that Nix invested his second round and third round picks in last year's draft on the defensive line, and, he hired Wanny to help straighten that mess out too!

Walter Football's mock above represents a type of draft that most of the posters out here defend with their lives: taking the best athlete available on your board, regardless of position. If Nix thinks Gabbert, Rudolph and Carpenter are the "best players on his board" when he goes to draft them, then nobody should get upset that he passed on Von Miller and the defensive guys........RIGHT?? :nana:

seems like they don't know crap.

The Bills NEED a pass rusher and real LB's and not th econverted backs that they utilize.

The Bills also need to be able to STOP the RUN!!!! 120 to 150 yards a game SUCKS and we've seen some 20 yd games. If you can't see that as a huge negative... please change sports.

If the Defense can't stop good offenses from scoring including Bellyache cheaters wth cry baby Brady & company they will not progress to the next level!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Yup....cause there will be plenty of guys in rounds 4-7 ready to step on the field and help fix the league's worst run defense. :thumbs

Yes, after the league grants the Bills special dispensation to field 15 players on defense.