Bills announce uniform change

Peter

My avatar helmet, please.

I'm guessing the marketing department and football department work separately so they can probably try to do both.

That is probably true, and because it is probably true, they both should be fired. They have failed miserably on both sides.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God. I hated these things the minute Bledsoe showed them off in the summer of '02. Lets just pretend these last 9 years never happened.

Heck, I am trying to pretend the last 11 years never happened, and sadly it has nothing to do with the uniforms but the team itself.

I wish they were announcing an improvement to the actual on-field product, not the decoration, but it'll be fun to see what they come up with. I was hoping for throwbacks made permanent, though. Maybe we'll see white charging buffalo helmets with some variant of the throwback jerseys? That'd be pretty rad.

:thumbsup:

When did the Bills switch to the red helmet? I remember Jim Kelly being colorblind and said he could better distinguish the red helmet from the opponents but not sure if this prompted the change or not.

:thumbsup:

When did the Bills switch to the red helmet? I remember Jim Kelly being colorblind and said he could better distinguish the red helmet from the opponents but not sure if this prompted the change or not.

1984... It was Kay Stephenson's idea to change to red.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/2/9/1984140/buffalo-bills-uniforms-throughout-the-years

Edited by nucci

Thank you Bills. Long overdue. I'd like a blend of throw-back, with a charging Buffalo, and a little something new. No monochrome please. Some of the elements of this fake picture are kind of cool...but it should be a bit simpler and keep the charging Buffalo on the jersey and helmet. http://jockpost.com/nfl-nike-uniforms-2012-real-fake/

I'm happy that they are keeping the helmet. I love that logo.

I liked the new jerseys with the white pants when Henry and Bledsoe played for us; but then they went to all blue which I thought could use a makeover.

I liked the 90's uniforms. The throwbacks are cool, too.

Sad that this is the most exciting news out of One Bills Drive since who knows when.

Having said that....I am PUMPED! The anticipation will kill me.

Hiring Dave WAnstadt was pretty cool news...

...but I agree, news like the firing of Tom Modrak would make my year!

Charging Buffalo on white helmet, to me, is the coolest helmet...plus, it kind of bridges the old and new...standing Buffalo isn't bad...just like the charging Buffalo more...hate the red helmets....

The red helmets and the all dark blue uniforms were awful.

I would prefer the white helmets with a much lighter shade of blue. Close to the throwback color style, but updated for the 21st century.

I just got an e-mail that they are making a change.

About time.

This is the e-mail:

Yeah I got a text with the same news from WGR. That's nice, I hate these ugly things they've been wearing anyway. However, this time, I hope the coaches don't allow the players to vote to continue wearing the "punkish" dark on dark for home games - whatever the "home" uni's are designed to be, that's how they should be worn.

By the way, let me know when the Bills send you a letter (since I no longer have season tickets), saying something like:

Dear Peter,

As a loyal season ticket holder, we just wanted to let you know we will no longer draft players like Aaron Maybin over Brian Orapko, C.J. Spiller over Clay Matthews, or Leodis McKelvin over Joe Flacco, ever, ever again.

Yours Truly,

The Buffalo Bills

:w00t:

...we will no longer draft players like Aaron Maybin over Brian Orapko, C.J. Spiller over Clay Matthews, or Leodis McKelvin over Joe Flacco, ever, ever again.

Yours Truly,

The Buffalo Bills

:w00t:

Matthews was drafted in 2009, same draft as Orakpo and Maybin. You could go with Bulaga maybe in that example?

I've gone to the trouble of illustrating what I think they should do.

Nice work Nick! Better than what we have now, for sure. Anything that would go back towards a classic, simple design is better than the current mess.

Apologies if these have already been established as "not it", but these turned up. I like the sleeker look and the 'undershirt' thing. Big improvement, even if this isn't 'it'.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/525776-2012-nfl-jerseys-by-nike-analysis/page/5

I checked out the other possible team uniforms on the site. I don't like the Patriot or Dolphin unis. I also can't see the Steelers ever changing their helmet from black to gold.

If they have an unveiling at mini-camp (lockout notwithstanding) like they did for the Throwbacks, we should have a buch of barrel fires in the parking lot to burn the current screwnies.

Maybin has been a huge disappointment, but I wouldn't advocate burning him in a trash barrel. As a mod you should conduct yourself in a more professional manner.

Does anybody know who has the final say on uniforms? Is it the team solely? Or does the NFL provide significant input and the final say on the decision?

I'd love if the Bills rolled out a simple throwback design. However, I haven't been impressed with any of the new uniforms of other teams the last couple years.

I'd actually like the helmet color to stay red as opposed to white. Its a unique identifier. Us and the chiefs are the only 2 current teams with red helmets. The AFL throwbacks with red helmets are fine with me.

I checked out the other possible team uniforms on the site. I don't like the Patriot or Dolphin unis. I also can't see the Steelers ever changing their helmet from black to gold.

Except the steelers used to have gold (yellow) helmets. The black came later. They even wear the yellow helmets occasionally as throwbacks.

This is great news. Now i hope they can finally get back to wearing dark jersey's and white pants at home again. It looks so much more professional than blue/blue.

For some reason the Bills refuse to put any logo or identifier on their jersey's. I hope they add something to the jersey with this uniform tweak.

Keep an eye out on this thread from this logo site message board. If any picture is leaked, these guys are always first to pounce on it and post it.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=78507&st=0