Bills announce uniform change

Peter

Fred Jackson

I was able to! We'll look good as a team! You have my word! They won't disappoint!

Fred Jackson

I was told a date, but I wanna check and make sure its ok to reveal that info. Remember, sworn to secrecy!! Haha!

I am getting my hopes up too much!

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While they're at it, maybe they can return to the red endzones too.

We haven't made the playoffs since the uniform change

Amen!!!! I agree bring back the red end zones brotha!!!!!!!

I still don't recognize RWS. Those green end zones just aren't right. I say do a complete purge of the Curse of Donahoe!!!!

I'm almost embarrassed to admit the degree to which this news makes me happy.

I have hated those damn uniforms since they were introduced. I am thrilled that we are putting those clown suits to rest, permanently. They will forever represent a lost decade in Bills football. An era of bad drafting, futile free agent acquisitions, average coaching, and general franchise malaise.

The Rudderless Era: Goodbye.

Edited by nodnarb

I'm almost embarrassed to admit the degree to which this news makes me happy.

I have hated those damn uniforms since they were introduced. I am thrilled that we are putting those clown suits to rest, permanently. They will forever represent a lost decade in Bills football. An era of bad drafting, futile free agent acquisitions, average coaching, and general franchise malaise.

The Rudderless Era: Goodbye.

It's great news at a slow time. The current unis will rank as the worst in team history. I'm hoping for something close to '74-'82.

they should stop worrying about color cordinations and worry about putting together an actual football team. they could just end all the uniform nonsense like the sabres did this year, just go back to the throwbacks full time and then we never have to discuss the bills uniforms ever again.

+1.

Freddy may say they're great, but I just can't shake this feeling that they're going to ---- this up too. Remember that all the players said these jerseys were great at the '02 unveiling.

I've written before that the Bills unis are a lot like the formation of the team. They incorporate themes from several other teams and all the while, we're not the Buffalo Bills. We've got a Titans yoke to represent Gregggggg's 46 defense and "no fat guys," the Patriot navy blue that represents TD's days of bringing in Bledsoe & Milloy and hoping we could turn crap into gold like Belichick*, we've got a Broncos-like side gusset that represents our penchant for selecting RBs with our precious picks even when we have a good one. A so-called return to tradition by putting in a thin stripe of silver on the helmet. This team has tried to be many things, tried to copycat from some of the successes that other teams have found. We didn't know what we were. This has resulted in a mish-mashed roster and a mishmash jersey set.

Time to take the Buffalo Bills identity back. Time to build on the progress that Gailey & Co. made. Back to the traditions, back to being a cold weather bully, a tough bunch of maulers who'll knock 'em all down and make 'em not want to get up.

Frankly, I find it hard to root for many of the personalities that populate the NFL these days, and like a lot of people here say, "I root for the laundry." In that case, let's make the laundry look like it wasn't sewn together by a coked-up prostitute out of what scraps she had hanging around.

Edited by UConn James

Apologies if these have already been established as "not it", but these turned up. I like the sleeker look and the 'undershirt' thing. Big improvement, even if this isn't 'it'.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/525776-2012-nfl-jerseys-by-nike-analysis/page/5

My hunch is that they're going to be fairly close to this. They won't be as futuristic and complicated as these designs, I'd guess, and the numbers won't be in that font, but I think that's going to be the color scheme, including the helmet. Just a hunch.

Charging Buffalo on white helmet, to me, is the coolest helmet...plus, it kind of bridges the old and new...standing Buffalo isn't bad...just like the charging Buffalo more...hate the red helmets....

I agree. I wish they'd go back to the white helmet with the charging buffalo

I wish they were announcing an improvement to the actual on-field product, not the decoration, but it'll be fun to see what they come up with. I was hoping for throwbacks made permanent, though. Maybe we'll see white charging buffalo helmets with some variant of the throwback jerseys? That'd be pretty rad.

That is so very true. Like they say "You can polish a turd but it is still a turd!" I think a team should have to make the playoffs at least once, before they change uniforms just to try to get all their suffering fans' hard earned money from buying new jerseys. Not that I am a fan of the current dark blue jerseys, in fact I think they are probably the worst uniforms, the road whites even more so, in the history of the franchise. I sure hope it is some type of throwback, maybe the 80's Joe Ferguson style, because if they try something new, you can look at the current uniforms and see what a disaster that can be.

Fred Jackson

I can honestly say this. In the 5 yrs I've been in Buff, there hasn't been a guy (including myself) that liked the current Uni's!!

I have to think it will still be a red helmet, and I hope that if they're doing anything radical that they go to a darker red. While I like the Bills uniforms in the 90's I do not want to see this team sport them. Those uniforms, if worn, should be earned. As long as they do not look anything like the Titans uniforms I am good.

The logistics of sticking with a red helmet make a lot of sense and help pick out our WR's, too.