Jauron For Cleveland DC?

H2o

Although it's been proved that Dick was not a good HC, he is a nice guys -- wish him well in getting a new position and then hope the Bills whoop up on his defense.

While I agree with you, after the Dick Jauron experience in Buffalo, I just could not imagine any team wanting to put this guy in charge of any unit. He is just so uninspiring...he is likely a good teahcer (I have always heard that), but to lead a defensive unit, I want a guy with a pulse. I know, his player loved him, but with the exception of 1 season in Chicago, his players sucked ass, as a whole...

It never ceases to amaze me how coaches who are clear failures get second, third, fourth, fifth, etc., chances. There must be some kind of coaching brotherhood where these old guys will look out for each other. (I was similarly baffled by the John Fox hire.) I reject the notion that Dick Jauron is a good DC. The NFL is a league of innovation, creativity -- Jauron will employ the same bland, 4-3, smallish "pursuit" type defense which failed in Buffalo and will undoubtably fail in Cleveland. It's an especially poor scheme for cold weather environments like Cleveland -- in a division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore no less. I'm not sure what Holmgren is thinking. Apparently he wants coaches who won't stand up to him -- company, toe-the-line kind of guys. Cleveland is definitely in for another few years of failure...

It never ceases to amaze me how coaches who are clear failures get second, third, fourth, fifth, etc., chances. There must be some kind of coaching brotherhood where these old guys will look out for each other. (I was similarly baffled by the John Fox hire.) I reject the notion that Dick Jauron is a good DC. The NFL is a league of innovation, creativity -- Jauron will employ the same bland, 4-3, smallish "pursuit" type defense which failed in Buffalo and will undoubtably fail in Cleveland. It's an especially poor scheme for cold weather environments like Cleveland -- in a division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore no less. I'm not sure what Holmgren is thinking. Apparently he wants coaches who won't stand up to him -- company, toe-the-line kind of guys. Cleveland is definitely in for another few years of failure...

dick jauron had 1 winning season in 9 years as a head coach. 1/9. He wins 11% of the time.

John Fox won 3 division titles and went to a super bowl in 9 years. Bit of a difference.

While I agree with you, after the Dick Jauron experience in Buffalo, I just could not imagine any team wanting to put this guy in charge of any unit. He is just so uninspiring...he is likely a good teahcer (I have always heard that), but to lead a defensive unit, I want a guy with a pulse. I know, his player loved him, but with the exception of 1 season in Chicago, his players sucked ass, as a whole...

You are aware that this is as a coordinator, not head coach? He has done well as DC before.

You are aware that this is as a coordinator, not head coach? He has done well as DC before.

He's done okay as a coordinator before, but I don't know if he's ever really been thought of as a great one. It won't be an exciting pick for the Browns, but he could probably get them to be a top-third defense at some points of his tenure. Nothing remarkable should be expected.

Dick LeBeau doesn't appear ot be a real inspiring type of coach, but he get the job done and players seem to like him. As a coordinaotr I think X's and O's are more important than inspiration. Thats' what the head coach is for. BB doesn't exactly seem to be an inspiring type. But he's so good technically he makes other teams look bad.

I wouldn't put Jauron in charge of a lemonade stand.

I wouldn't let him clean my toilet. I dont care how nice he is............he set this team back 5 yrs. I loathe him. Orakpo.....thats all I have to say. Break Dont Bend #$$hole!! God I cannot stand him.

he is a good D Coordinator. just a bad head coach

I think average would be a better description of his defensive coordinating resume. He didn't get hired in Chicago because of his defensive coordinating.

Considering that Philly has had a mostly top notch defense for the past decade I have a feeling they aren't going to love Jauron.

I think even "average" is a generous description. Piss poor might best describe the quality of tricky Dick as a D-coordinator. He's no Wade Phillips, for instance, whose defenses have a proven track record of success. Philly's D will go to the bottom quarter of the league in its Run-D with Jauron as coordinator.

I think average would be a better description of his defensive coordinating resume. He didn't get hired in Chicago because of his defensive coordinating.

Considering that Philly has had a mostly top notch defense for the past decade I have a feeling they aren't going to love Jauron.