Kiper moves Fairley up to number 1

bkc

Dammit. I've been tracking this guy all year and figured he'd be a top 10 guy but never guessed he could go #1 overall!

I wanted him on the Bills the most but Bowers wouldnt disappoint me either. The question is - will Bowers be available when its our pick?

can bowers play a 3/4 or would they be better off with darues

I obviously want Fairley, but we're GUARANTEED of getting one of the big 3 DL in Bowers, Dareus, and of course, Fairley. For the longest time earlier in the year I was pretty resolute on the idea of trading down from our top 10 pick...but I've since changed my mind and feel that we're in a prime position to snage one of those three and shouldn't pass it up.

For me, my liking is Fairley, Dareus, and Bowers..in that order. As much as i'm in love with Fairley, a part of me pictures Dareus the better pro at the next level. Can't wait!

Edited by bobobonators

dareus is an ideal 5 tech guy, but can literally play ANY position on the DL...I personally think Bowers is best suited for a 4-3 defense where his only concerns is to use his freakish size/speed to get to the QB as an edge rusher.

I like Bowers much better in a 4-3 than I do in a 3-4. Not saying he couldn't play in a 3-4 but that he looks best suited for a 4-3.

didn't see your post. i agree completely on the 4-3 for bowers.

It shows the true colors of a guy like Kiper. They react. You watch what 4.29 does to AJ Green's stock in Kiper's eyes.(if he were capable) I'd be more impressed if he had Fairley there on Sunday.

I miss Joel Buchsbaum.

kiper isnt carolina's gm or denver's...it is possible for fairley to fall to us and he would look real good rushing next to kyle williams

indeed...the draft is absolutely wide open..the only sure thing would've been Luck at #1, but now who knows..only the combine will help make things clearer.

Fairley could EASILY be there at 3 when we pick.

Dammit. I've been tracking this guy all year and figured he'd be a top 10 guy but never guessed he could go #1 overall!

I wanted him on the Bills the most but Bowers wouldnt disappoint me either. The question is - will Bowers be available when its our pick?

the question is, can Bowers be effective in a 3-4? or will we be playing mostly 4-3? I don't think he'd be worth it if we plan on playing mostly 3-4, he's NOT an OLB

Awesome news! Making Kiper's #1 overall ranking virtually ensures that Fairley will drop out of the top 10.

Keep 'em comin', Mel.

GO BILLS!!!

How much do you want to bet Fairley won't drop out of the top ten?

Are you joking or totally clueless?

It shows the true colors of a guy like Kiper. They react. You watch what 4.29 does to AJ Green's stock in Kiper's eyes.(if he were capable) I'd be more impressed if he had Fairley there on Sunday.

I miss Joel Buchsbaum.

You nailed it. Kiper is a classic bandwagon guy. Let's wait to the combine to see him flip flop again.

kiper isnt carolina's gm or denver's...it is possible for fairley to fall to us and he would look real good rushing next to kyle williams

He's a hell of a lot better than any gm we have had in the past 8 years. Had we followed his recommendations we would have a much better talent pool on our roster.

Gailey has already said that this defense is going to be more of a "multiple front" than a true 3/4 anyway going in to next year. If he is there at number 3 you take him. Although I think after the year that Williams had, it might serve us better to pick up a guy who is more of a pure pass rusher. This D needs to generate more of a pass rush anyway that it can. Just food for thought.

I obviously want Fairley, but we're GUARANTEED of getting one of the big 3 DL in Bowers, Dareus, and of course, Fairley. For the longest time earlier in the year I was pretty resolute on the idea of trading down from our top 10 pick...but I've since changed my mind and feel that we're in a prime position to snage one of those three and shouldn't pass it up.

For me, my liking is Fairley, Dareus, and Bowers..in that order. As much as i'm in love with Fairley, a part of me pictures Dareus the better pro at the next level. Can't wait!

Correct. All will be well - assuming our war room does not get "creative" on draft day just to show everyone how smart they are.

I miss Joel Buchsbaum.

Kiper is in the entertainment business, not the scouting business.

Quinn over Bowers....

I think he's joking because these guys are usually wrong and then blast teams if they don't pick who they think they should pick.

I know there are a lot of people that want Fairley in the Blue and Red, but doesn't he violate Buddy's criteria of sustained excellence? He was marginal last year, and dominated this year (eh-hem...Maybin). I don't think there is any chance we take him despite how great he looked on Monday night. Plus, he is dirty (or nasty -- which would be good). Either way, trading down with some competent scouting and drafting (big if for the last 15) is clearly the way to go given our current roster. And with one of the extra picks we can possibly take a project QB in round 3 or later. No matter how good Fitz turns out to be, we need a backup...and Brohm isn't it. This current regime in Green Bay hasn't made too many mistakes, and they cut bait quickly on BB.

It's getting harder and harder to say each year...but GO BILLS!!!!

Smelled like humor to me.

By the way we can have a pass rusher thats great. Last against the run. In the whole world!

We might need to take a looksie there.

There. some clueless humor