Vikings Waive Randy Moss

5 Wide

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutting your starting QB after week 2 is probably on par with this move.

Cutting Edwards was the best thing this office has done in years. We would still have no idea about Stevie Johnson, Parrish, Nelson as well as the Oline if Edwards was still playing. Having Fitz play well enough to get this offense ready for next year and still lose games is absolutely PERFECT in my book.I don't blame Gailey at all for starting Edwards after the way his pre-season looked. He found out the hard way and I commend him for that....

What a joke!

Childress is going to get fired at seasons end that is beyond laughable

I admire Childress for the move. Yeah, they gave up a third rounder, and Moss was only there three weeks, but the message is you don't perform, you quit, or you're a locker room distraction and you're gone! They didn't hesitate to cut their losses. I wish the Bills would have assumed that posture going back a decade now.

What a great idea! It's not like we have talented young receivers that could use 9 more weeks of playing to develop, nor would it be at all inappropriate to add the biggest quitter in the NFL to a team who's only positive notoriety is in playing hard and not quitting despite being winless! We could certainly sell a few more shirts.

What a great idea! It's not like we have talented young receivers that could use 9 more weeks of playing to develop, nor would it be at all inappropriate to add the biggest quitter in the NFL to a team who's only positive notoriety is in playing hard and not quitting despite being winless! We could certainly sell a few more shirts.

+1 for content

+1 for sarcasm

Not to mention, what kind of signal would signing Moss send to potential free agents- next year, should there be a season? To me, such an action smacks of whimsical cluelessness. If I was a potential FA signee, I would want to see some type of commitment from the Bills that they were serious about winning, and not just selling jerseys and tickets.

Moss is a guy who will quit on a team if he does not like the situation he is in. The Bills are not in a good situation right now and we do not need him being a cancer to this team. Especially since, our players have been playing very hard and battling for a win out there.

One of the best things about being a Bills fan is that we've had, for the most part, many more character guys than we have character issues. I'd rather have a team I can be proud of and respect as opposed to having to tolerate douchebags in the name of another W or two (not that that's any guarantee of succes). Moss will find some other team to tolerate his crap.

One of the comments after that article. "What a joke of an organization. The soon to be Los Angeles Vikings". :thumbsup:

Now the NFL site says "could be waived". And you all thought the Bills were dysfunctional. Something tells me ole Chilly might be the one who is gone here

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bca082/article/moss-still-a-viking-after-childress-says-wr-would-be-waived?module=breaking_news

why does all of buffalo have amnesia when it comes to things like this?!?!?!? now we do have to look back an entire year, but a washed up over rated, over paid WR on a team like ours is not going to work out. only way he would fit in is if lynch was still here and they could go running people over w/ their SUV's together

A few weeks ago I posted that I would rather New England have a third round pick in their pocket then Moss on their roster (as well as from New England's view point a three productive seasons plus a third round pick in the pocket is pretty good value for a fourth round pick). Why am I now thinking NE will have both the third round pick they got for Moss plus Moss himself...

A few weeks ago I posted that I would rather New England have a third round pick in their pocket then Moss on their roster (as well as from New England's view point a three productive seasons plus a third round pick in the pocket is pretty good value for a fourth round pick). Why am I now thinking NE will have both the third round pick they got for Moss plus Moss himself...

I don't think NE wants anything to do with Moss anymore. He's worn out his welcome with his contract bitching and half ass play since late last season. NE is too smart to fall for his press conference act; Moss isn't going to change his crappy attitude until someone gives him a fat new, multi-year contract.

Besides, the Pats* haven't missed a beat without him.

To those of you who think Miami or NYJ would put in a claim just to prevent NE from getting him, I posit a few questions:

1. Do you think they would contact Moss first to gauge his interest?

2. If they did and he said "don't sign me", do you think think they still would?

3. If that happened, would they just stash him on the bench?

4. If so, do you think that would sit well with the other players on the team or around the league?

I'm just curious because I think Randy has all the cards here. He made the Vikings look like fools, BIG fools. No other team is going to want to be the one who cuts him AGAIN in 4 more weeks. So unless he explicitly gives the green light ahead of time, why would you touch him? Grabbing him and then deactivating him or just benching him I think would piss off a lot of players. A lot of these guys are real close and there is definitely a common bond in the league among all players. I would think you'd risk losing your team if they thought you signed a player and then shut him down just to screw another team.

To those of you who think Miami or NYJ would put in a claim just to prevent NE from getting him, I posit a few questions:

1. Do you think they would contact Moss first to gauge his interest?

2. If they did and he said "don't sign me", do you think think they still would?

3. If that happened, would they just stash him on the bench?

4. If so, do you think that would sit well with the other players on the team or around the league?

I'm just curious because I think Randy has all the cards here. He made the Vikings look like fools, BIG fools. No other team is going to want to be the one who cuts him AGAIN in 4 more weeks. So unless he explicitly gives the green light ahead of time, why would you touch him? Grabbing him and then deactivating him or just benching him I think would piss off a lot of players. A lot of these guys are real close and there is definitely a common bond in the league among all players. I would think you'd risk losing your team if they thought you signed a player and then shut him down just to screw another team.

You sign him and tell him to show up and work. If he doesn't, you suspend him for whatever part of the season remains. The other players wouldn't have a problem with it.

You sign him and tell him to show up and work. If he doesn't, you suspend him for whatever part of the season remains. The other players wouldn't have a problem with it.

There is a simple way of handling Randy Moss. When he goes into his predictable funk you trade him and get a valuable pick for him. That is what the Patriots did. Making the right move before it is too late to get a return on a player transaction. The Patriots consistently win because they are smartly run operation.

I don't know. I think you could be right, but I think it might be more of a headache/distraction than it's worth.

At best you get a disinterested player who will dog it until you are forced to suspend him. This will create distraction and probably an unwanted media circus.

At worst you get a faction of players on your own team who say "Hey, you knew he didn't want to be here? Why'd you sign him and cut a good guy and THEN shut him down when you knew how it would play out anyway? Why you sign him if you were just gonna can him up and send him home?"

I think it is a tricky situation that has the potential for creating a dysfunctional team environment in a lot of ways.

As much as I hate the Patriots, I respected the hell out of the way they were able to reel in a wild bull like Moss by saying "Yo, we win rings here. You either shut up and get on board or you'll find your **** in a box outside your locker. We don't need you either way." Kind of what like the Chicago Bulls did with Rodman.

Few teams have the leadership, track record and cajones to make a power play like that. And this time around, Randy is in a whole nother stratosphere.

Edited by bartshan-83

I'm usually all for signing the big name player to make things interesting around Here. In this case, I hope the Bills take a pass on Moss. This group actually seems like a fairly close knit group of guys that are really working hard towards a win. They got rid of two dicey situations (Trent and Lynch)....and now the guys left are a good group. I think Moss would be disruptive (its always about him),,,and he will not try 100% all the time (we know this cuz he took plays off for Belichek too let alone Minny). I seriously doubt he wants any part of the BUffalo Bills so I'd leave it alone.