per Adam Schefter mcnabb told reid no to buffalo and oakland

Donovan McNabb spoke to Andy Reid on Thursday to tell him of his preference to spend this year with Philadelphia, not Oakland or Buffalo.

http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

Either way, even if he was traded to Buffalo, he wouldn't sign a long-term deal with us. He has publicly stated that he does NOT want to play here. It'll basically be wasting a draft pick for a guy with a 1-year contract. So can we bury this McNabb nonsense?

Of course that's his preference. It's been his preference all along.

It's just that the front office in Philly prefers for him to be somewhere else. :-)

McNabb wants his $6.2 million dollar bonus or to be cut. He's pulling an Amare Stoudamire, killing deals because he won't sign a contract extension.

Again Buffalo had needs at other positions than to be trading away picks for McNabb. Take a QB in the later rounds and build up the lines. Why is the media and everyone so bent on McNabb coming here? Take a look at Bob Matthews article in the Rochester DandC......is he on crack?

Donovan McNabb spoke to Andy Reid on Thursday to tell him of his preference to spend this year with Philadelphia, not Oakland or Buffalo.

old news ,just saw schefter and laconforta in the last hour and they said there are only 2 teams buffalo and oakland.

they said oakland has offered namdi for mcnabb however the problem with that is that philly wants no part of Namdi's 16 million dollar contract.

so according to them there is only buffalo and oakland as possibilities @ this time. the only team they did not mention as not interested was SF which they did not mention at all.

they simply said there was no interest besides the bills and raiders!

This doesnt mean he wont, it says he would prefer to stay in Phi this year than be traded to either of those teams...of course he prefers that, he doesnt want to leave Phi (a SB contender) to play for either 2 teams not expected to be a contender (although McNabb makes us at least a serious threat for playoffs).

What do you expect McNabb to say? Please trade me from the team I love and want to stay with to go to Buffalo or Oakland. None of that means he would not come here and sign an extension if Phi agreed to a deal with us. More importantly, we wont trade for him unless he does agree to a deal with us.

But what McNabb is about to find out is that he wont have much choice, and if he was smart, he would pray he comes here over Oakland.

old news ,just saw schefter and laconforta in the last hour and they said there are only 2 teams buffalo and oakland.

they said oakland has offered namdi for mcnabb however the problem with that is that philly wants no part of Namdi's 16 million dollar contract.

so according to them there is only buffalo and oakland as possibilities @ this time. the only team they did not mention as not interested was SF which they did not mention at all.

they simply said there was no interest besides the bills and raiders!

Didn't the Saints and Jets do a deal where if Vilma re-signed with the Saints, the draft pick went from a 3rd to 2nd? Do that with the Eagles. 3rd rounder in 2011 that could become a 2nd rounder if McNabb re-signs.

Talk about sour grapes. How could anyone possibly blame him for not wanting to come to the Bills?

Where's he going to go? Year after next when the Bills have a good line (provided that's addressed as a top priority in the draft), and the young recievers have some experience McNabb may regret his decision.

In the meantime, I really don't care about McNabb. He'd have been an impovement, but let's be honest here. The guys always been overrated. He's played his entire career in an ideal situation. And before you start posting comments about his stats, I'll remind you of a guy named Matt Cassell who put up nice numbers in a perfect scenario also. How'd that work out in KC?

I keep telling my boss I prefer.....

$200 K per year

An office overlooking the lake

and a blonde bombshell secretary

He prefers

$7.50 an hour

A view of the dumpster behind Monro Muffler

and his Aunt Gertrude as our office assistant

Guess which one I get! :D

Exactly. I'm sure McNabb prefers to stay and be the starter for a contender like Philly - not sure he has that choice. If Reid tells him he's no longer the starter his choices become riding the bench for a contender or being a starter in a place like Buffalo or Oakland - I wonder what his choice is then?

Talk about sour grapes. How could anyone possibly blame him for not wanting to come to the Bills?

I agree with you. I've wanted McNabb all along. But one year isn't worth a high draft pick. Looks like we're stuck with "The Three."

Is it true that McNabb does not have a no-trade clause? If so, he can't say much of ANYTHING to Philly about where he gets traded. All he can do is let it be known that he won't sign a contract extension with certain teams. Of course, players say that all the time to jack up the price.

Either way, even if he was traded to Buffalo, he wouldn't sign a long-term deal with us. He has publicly stated that he does NOT want to play here. It'll basically be wasting a draft pick for a guy with a 1-year contract. So can we bury this McNabb nonsense?

When have you or anyone else heard directly from McNabb, in a taped interview or elsewhere that he doesn't want to play here. Because some idiot like the gazoo says so doesn't make it so. Unless you can link a tape, stop with the "publicly stated" stuff.

When have you or anyone else heard directly from McNabb, in a taped interview or elsewhere that he doesn't want to play here. Because some idiot like the gazoo says so doesn't make it so. Unless you can link a tape, stop with the "publicly stated" stuff.

Unfortunately, it was all true when we were all hoping Cowher would come.

Exactly. I'm sure McNabb prefers to stay and be the starter for a contender like Philly - not sure he has that choice. If Reid tells him he's no longer the starter his choices become riding the bench for a contender or being a starter in a place like Buffalo or Oakland - I wonder what his choice is then?

His choice is to ride the bench because he will get paid a very nice salary this year and next year he can sign with anyone and would be a highly sought FA. Why would McNabb sign a long term deal NOW with any team that trades for him. That would be stupid for him. Point is McNabb holds ALL the cards at this point. No team will trade much for him if he doesn't sign a long term extension with them. Reid and Philly were stupid in this situation. They should never have insisted on a #1 for a QB with one year to go on a contract. Now everyone knows they are desperate to move him and his trade value is plummeting.

trade a 5th or 6th rd choice for a 1yr rental. Thats probably all that The vikings would offer.

I bet they end up keeping him.

The Vikes might Pony up a lot more like a 2nd this season and a 3rd or 4th next that could escalate. The Vikes if Favre doesn't come back are in desperate need of a QB. The Vikes without a QB are a 10-6 playoff team that are lucky to win a game in the playoffs but with a proven mid-level or better QB they are a 12-4 or 13-3 team primed for a deep playoff run. So yeah the Vikes are win now and aren't going to be cheap when finding a proven solution to the QB issue.

The Bills aren't going anywhere (Or at least aren't expecting to go anywhere teams do come out of nowhere but that's another discussion) next season so renting a proven QB does them nothing as far as the big picture because giving the playing time to a rookie or Brohm is much more productive. Also the Bills can find a cheaper vet QB out on the market if they want to have a guy sit and learn a system.

When did you hear that McNabb said anything publically? I missed that sound bite.

Bingo. FWIW, the following is from a beat guy who actually did talk to McNabb's agent:

Contrary to a Friday ESPN report, Smith said he did not believe McNabb had spoken recently with Eagles coach Andy Reid. Smith said that right now, there isn't that much for them to talk about.

The report said McNabb told Reid he wanted to stay in Philadelphia, not be traded to Oakland or Buffalo. A McNabb spokesman said yesterday afternoon that McNabb and Reid text one another frequently. The spokesman said McNabb, indeed, wants to stay with the Eagles, but that McNabb and Reid have not texted or spoken on that subject.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/

His choice is to ride the bench because he will get paid a very nice salary this year and next year he can sign with anyone and would be a highly sought FA. Why would McNabb sign a long term deal NOW with any team that trades for him. That would be stupid for him. Point is McNabb holds ALL the cards at this point. No team will trade much for him if he doesn't sign a long term extension with them. Reid and Philly were stupid in this situation. They should never have insisted on a #1 for a QB with one year to go on a contract. Now everyone knows they are desperate to move him and his trade value is plummeting.

McNabb does not hold all the cards. If the Eagles want to play hardball with him they'll make it clear that if he refuses to go he'll be riding the bench and not playing - his FA stock goes down. If there's a lockout in 2011, now he's got another year off. So he's a FA in 2012, not having started a game in 2 years and he's going to turn 36 - I'm not so sure he's still a highly sought FA QB at that point.

There's a lot of ifs - certainly no guarantee that the Eagles would do that do him, nor is it clear whether there is football in 2012, but my point is that there is no safe guarantee for McNabb to stay in Philly and then cash in when he does become a FA after this season. Not many guys want to be off the field, and my guess is that if there's a real possibility of not playing then McNabb's options may change....

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draftnews.html

I don't care what McNabb wants. If Oakland is willing to part with Nnamdi for Donovan they would be fools not to make that deal. He's the 2nd best CB in the NFL behind Revis and they already have Samuel. They would have the best two of the three best CB's in the NFL. Their chances to win a SB would definitely go up a notch.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draftnews.html

I don't care what McNabb wants. If Oakland is willing to part with Nnamdi for Donovan they would be fools not to make that deal. He's the 2nd best CB in the NFL behind Revis and they already have Samuel. They would have the best two of the three best CB's in the NFL. Their chances to win a SB would definitely go up a notch.

They're too cheap to pay NA $16M. :D

They're too cheap to pay NA $16M. :D

I think the merchandise sales would more than make up for the extra 10 million they would pay Nnamdi versus McNabb, especially if it leads to more victories on the field.

I don't want McNabb, personally I'd rather trade Trent for a draft choice, as high as we can get, name Brohm this year's starter and see how he does and draft a QB in the third - best our braintrust feels is there - and if that QB can't emerge beyond Brohm he would just be a career back-up and Fitz can hit the bricks, and if Brohm emerges this year then we haven't overspent on a weak QB class, have a young back-up that can learn the system and be developed by our coaching staff, get a draft choice out of Trent, and would have given Brohm a legitimate chance at being a starter and this team is in the rebuilding phase anyways....so, give Brohm a chance to play, get a draft choice for Trent, and draft a QB with potential but at the same time not spending a high draft choice on a potentially weak QB draft class......just a thought.

I don't want McNabb, personally I'd rather trade Trent for a draft choice, as high as we can get, name Brohm this year's starter and see how he does and draft a QB in the third - best our braintrust feels is there - and if that QB can't emerge beyond Brohm he would just be a career back-up and Fitz can hit the bricks, and if Brohm emerges this year then we haven't overspent on a weak QB class, have a young back-up that can learn the system and be developed by our coaching staff, get a draft choice out of Trent, and would have given Brohm a legitimate chance at being a starter and this team is in the rebuilding phase anyways....so, give Brohm a chance to play, get a draft choice for Trent, and draft a QB with potential but at the same time not spending a high draft choice on a potentially weak QB draft class......just a thought.

Sorry but no team is going to give up a draft pick for Trent.