Post your ideas for next year's Super Bowl halftime show

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me say I thought the Who were quite good...considering they are pushing 70! :unsure: My wife who grew up a huge Who fan was aghast at how old Daltrey and Townshend looked. And frankly Daltrey had to tone it down just to keep his voice from giving out.

It made me think about why the NFL keeps dredging up these fossil bands? I mean the median age of a Who fan is probably 55. The median age of an NFL fan is much younger. So where does the NFL go next year? What 60's rock bands are left? Any other ideas from other decades?

If I were to predict I think the NFL will chose a country artist for SBXLV.

PTR

My first thought, based on their popularity and the fact that i bet they want to change it up and go more modern would be The Black Eyed Peas

I think as someone mentioned Bon Jovi would be a poplular choice

One other possibility would be a country theme......Tim McGraw/Kenny

Chesney/ Toby Keith/Keith Urban

Let me say I thought the Who were quite good...considering they are pushing 70! :unsure: My wife who grew up a huge Who fan was aghast at how old Daltrey and Townshend looked. And frankly Daltrey had to tone it down just to keep his voice from giving out.

It made me think about why the NFL keeps dredging up these fossil bands? I mean the median age of a Who fan is probably 55. The median age of an NFL fan is much younger. So where does the NFL go next year? What 60's rock bands are left? Any other ideas from other decades?

If I were to predict I think the NFL will chose a country artist for SBXLV.

PTR

Emmit and jerry doing a tango exhibiton...but seriously if it were country, maybe Brad Paisley. How bout blues with BB King or maybe U2 or Dave Matthews-would have pretty broad appeal

Emmit and jerry doing a tango exhibiton...but seriously if it were country, maybe Brad Paisley. How bout blues with BB King or maybe U2 or Dave Matthews-would have pretty broad appeal

I think U2 did a Super Bowl Halftime Show recently, if I'm not mistaken. Does anyone else remember this? Or am I going nuts :unsure: 2002 maybe?

like i said before, it will probably be ac/dc... they're due, especially b/c the stones and the who have already played. you need a global marquee name for that spot b/c that's what the sponsor wants. the police and led zeppelin (w/ bonham's kid on drums) are other possibilities, but, both just did a reunion tour/show.

but, if they're going to go young, it might be Green Day or one of them young country signers.

I'm 41 and consider The Who one of my favorite bands.

If they choose what passes for modern "country" for next year I'll certainly tune out. Most modern country is absolute crap played by no-talent assclowns.

I bet they stick with "classic" rock. I would guess someone like Fogarty. Maybe even someone crappy but with widespread appeal like Bon Jovi. If not classic rock, then maybe Stevie Wonder or someone like that. Or they could be retro and go with Up With People for the millionth time.

Agreed. Bon Jovi sucks now, and ps losers, they've always sucked. There's no argument there, so dont waste your time.

I'm 41 and consider The Who one of my favorite bands.

If they choose what passes for modern "country" for next year I'll certainly tune out. Most modern country is absolute crap played by no-talent assclowns.

I bet they stick with "classic" rock. I would guess someone like Fogarty. Maybe even someone crappy but with widespread appeal like Bon Jovi. If not classic rock, then maybe Stevie Wonder or someone like that. Or they could be retro and go with Up With People for the millionth time.

Agreed. Bon Jovi sucks now, and ps losers, they've always sucked. There's no argument there, so dont waste your time.

My money is on Bon Jovi. Safe, popular and anthemic.

NFL is quickly running out of popular bands with widespread appeal. Super depressing since there only appears to be like 9 of them.

Agree here with that one . Don't care for this group. I don't care how many albums they have sold.

That was the most boring, least energetic half-time show I've ever watched...it was just painful. Granted my friends and I are in our 20's and WE DO KNOW THEIR SONGS...however it was plain bad. I want Foo-Fighters, Rise Against, Muse (would be awesome), something popular, modern and energetic...a halftime show show bring energy and excitement, it shouldn't be a snooze fest. Sry to all that enjoyed it.

Agree here with that one . Don't care for this group. I don't care how many albums they have sold.

Agree on Bon Jovi. Seems like the next safe superstar act the NFL can hire. Plus Jon Bon Jovi owned an Arena team (Philly Soul) and let it be know he wants to buy a piece of an NFL team.

AC/DC, another solid choice.

Black-Eyed Peas, great modern choice.

The Eagles, another classic rock/country superstar band.

Taylor Swift anyone?

PTR

I think U2 did a Super Bowl Halftime Show recently, if I'm not mistaken. Does anyone else remember this? Or am I going nuts :unsure: 2002 maybe?

Yes, it was great.

I think that there are some clips of it on youtube. As I recall, it was very moving given that it was a few months after 9/11. You may want to check it out if you have not seen it before.

Agree on Bon Jovi. Seems like the next safe superstar act the NFL can hire. Plus Jon Bon Jovi owned an Arena team (Philly Soul) and let it be know he wants to buy a piece of an NFL team.

AC/DC, another solid choice.

Black-Eyed Peas, great modern choice.

The Eagles, another classic rock/country superstar band.

Taylor Swift anyone?

PTR

Only if she used an autotune...got to be the least talented grammy winning singer in recent history...would be much worse than the Who

I guess dead people count because there were a few onstage yesterday. Go real old school- Lawrence Welk with Glenn Miller, Liberace and Kate Smith. Or if the NFL were cool, The Rat Pack. Maybe Elvis, not Fat Elvis though, sends a bad message to the kids. How about the Beatles Reunion for the halftime show??? I don't think John Lennon would agree though. He hasn't said much in the last 30 years.

Oh, forget the 60s - and the 70s for that matter. BRING ON THE 80s!!!! I'd like to see Devo in their funky "energy dome" hats!

"When a problem comes along, you must whip it..." :unsure:

that would be great. my all-time favourite band. SHOUT..

Yep, 2002 Patriots vs. Rams

That's one I'll never forget. And to think some people at the apartment where I was watching that one wanted to switch to some skimpy longerie halftime show instead. Thank god I won out on that decision.

I enjoyed last night's halftime show quite a bit. Of course, I was in a pretty loud bar, so the music was most of what I could hear.

Well, the Super Bowl is in Dallas next year, so it will probably be either a country singer or a southern rock band. Some of the other suggestions like AC/DC were good but they will probably opt for county considering Jones will probably have a say in who is playing in his stadium.

I love the halftime shows. It brings a sense of communal experience to a 500 channel, satellite radio nation who's attention grows more and more scattered every year.

I think Van Halen (with David Lee Roth, duh) would do a Superbowl halftime show justice. It needs to be an American band this time around and Bon Jovi has been way too visible for it to be a special event.

Want mass hysteria, reunite the Partridge family. If they could get Susan Dey on board

I'm sure Rueben could hammer out a deal with the NFL

I was just thinking of posting that. Maybe Danny Bonaduce will go crazy and sucker punch someone.

AC/DC would be a great choice for the show. They're old and somewhat non-threatening, so they fit the NFL criteria and having just seem them last November, those geezers still rock out with their roosters out. Would actually make for a very, very HIGH energy half-time show. Except Hells Bells would be off the set list...and maybe Whole Lotta Rosie.

Sad that AC/DC is now considered a safe choice. They were once blamed for inspiring a serial killer through their 'devil worshipping' music. Would the NFL allow Angus to put up the horns behind his head?

Christ I'm only 25 and I'm wondering where Rock n Roll has gone. Please don't do it Angus! ! !