Post your ideas for next year's Super Bowl halftime show

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said to my wife after halftime, I know Lawrence Welk is dead but can't they still get his band together?

But seriously, U2.

[EDIT: Wrote this before I read the rest of the answers. I'd forgotten U2 had already been there.

Just please god no Jonas Brothers . . .]

Well said......they may be playing to the median age of the crowd who spends the $$ to attend the game and all its periferal activities and/or makes the advertising decisions for all the corporate sponsors.

Hey aussiew, I like the new avatar. Why did'nt you tell us you joined the cast of Lost?

My vote is for Spinal Tap! That would be awesome! :unsure:

"The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin

That's what I said.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand

Or so I have read.

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo.

I love to sink her with my pink torpedo.

Big bottom

Big bottom

Talk about bum cakes,

My gal's got 'em."

Let me say I thought the Who were quite good...considering they are pushing 70! :D My wife who grew up a huge Who fan was aghast at how old Daltrey and Townshend looked. And frankly Daltrey had to tone it down just to keep his voice from giving out.

It made me think about why the NFL keeps dredging up these fossil bands? I mean the median age of a Who fan is probably 55. The median age of an NFL fan is much younger. So where does the NFL go next year? What 60's rock bands are left? Any other ideas from other decades?

If I were to predict I think the NFL will chose a country artist for SBXLV.

PTR

I worked a concert once and got to meet Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent (The Zombies), Felix Cavliere's Rascals, Flo and Eddie with The Turtles, Country Joe McDonald, Lovin' Spoonful, Mountain, Canned Heat, Mitch Ryder and The Detroit Wheels, Rare Earth and a bunch of others...it was pretty sweet. They honestly were great and they rocked, especially Argent and Blunstone! And the thing is, I am only 27 years old...

But, I could see a big country star like Chesney, Swift or Underwood next year at Jerry's World.

Oh, forget the 60s - and the 70s for that matter. BRING ON THE 80s!!!! I'd like to see Devo in their funky "energy dome" hats!

"When a problem comes along, you must whip it..." :unsure:

It took Ralph how long? Like, 4 years...to whip it? :wallbash:

William Hung

:D

LOL. :thumbdown: Nice work!

Slayer? Too tame. Get Gwar.

You've obviously never been to a Slayer show - when you go to see Gwar you have fun watching a bunch of people dressed up like Raiders fans complete with foam rubber helmets and spikes gong crazy and throwing meat into the crowd....when you see Slayer you get that feeling in the pit of your stomach that some serious evil is about to come forth and you could actually die....

Gwar is fun, Halloweenish evil - Slayer is just plain outright rip your face off evil

I'm 25 and I'm a huge Who and Classic Rock fan.

I lot of people my demo (18-35) are.

So far in this thread, some logical responses have been AC/DC and Santana.

I really like the College marching bands the best.

The person who suggested Gwar made me lol.

But my choice (certainly not based on my own taste) would be The Eagles for next year.

Another dark-horse could be REM, or something similar.

If it was up to me, it'd be The Allman Brothers with Gregg, Derek Trucks, and Warren Haynes.