Post your ideas for next year's Super Bowl halftime show

Agree on Bon Jovi. Seems like the next safe superstar act the NFL can hire. Plus Jon Bon Jovi owned an Arena team (Philly Soul) and let it be know he wants to buy a piece of an NFL team.

AC/DC, another solid choice.

Black-Eyed Peas, great modern choice.

The Eagles, another classic rock/country superstar band.

Taylor Swift anyone?

PTR

Only if she used an autotune...got to be the least talented grammy winning singer in recent history...would be much worse than the Who

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess dead people count because there were a few onstage yesterday. Go real old school- Lawrence Welk with Glenn Miller, Liberace and Kate Smith. Or if the NFL were cool, The Rat Pack. Maybe Elvis, not Fat Elvis though, sends a bad message to the kids. How about the Beatles Reunion for the halftime show??? I don't think John Lennon would agree though. He hasn't said much in the last 30 years.

Oh, forget the 60s - and the 70s for that matter. BRING ON THE 80s!!!! I'd like to see Devo in their funky "energy dome" hats!

"When a problem comes along, you must whip it..." :unsure:

that would be great. my all-time favourite band. SHOUT..

Yep, 2002 Patriots vs. Rams

That's one I'll never forget. And to think some people at the apartment where I was watching that one wanted to switch to some skimpy longerie halftime show instead. Thank god I won out on that decision.

I enjoyed last night's halftime show quite a bit. Of course, I was in a pretty loud bar, so the music was most of what I could hear.

Well, the Super Bowl is in Dallas next year, so it will probably be either a country singer or a southern rock band. Some of the other suggestions like AC/DC were good but they will probably opt for county considering Jones will probably have a say in who is playing in his stadium.

I love the halftime shows. It brings a sense of communal experience to a 500 channel, satellite radio nation who's attention grows more and more scattered every year.

I think Van Halen (with David Lee Roth, duh) would do a Superbowl halftime show justice. It needs to be an American band this time around and Bon Jovi has been way too visible for it to be a special event.

Want mass hysteria, reunite the Partridge family. If they could get Susan Dey on board

I'm sure Rueben could hammer out a deal with the NFL

I was just thinking of posting that. Maybe Danny Bonaduce will go crazy and sucker punch someone.

AC/DC would be a great choice for the show. They're old and somewhat non-threatening, so they fit the NFL criteria and having just seem them last November, those geezers still rock out with their roosters out. Would actually make for a very, very HIGH energy half-time show. Except Hells Bells would be off the set list...and maybe Whole Lotta Rosie.

Sad that AC/DC is now considered a safe choice. They were once blamed for inspiring a serial killer through their 'devil worshipping' music. Would the NFL allow Angus to put up the horns behind his head?

Christ I'm only 25 and I'm wondering where Rock n Roll has gone. Please don't do it Angus! ! !