• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Jones

Tony Bennet

ZZ Top

Finally, someone said it.

I looked through 8 pages of this thread to see if anyone said the most obvious answer to the question.

That little ol' band from Texas seems like the obvious choice for the first Superbowl in the new Dallas stadium.

They're commercial as all hell, and certainly fit the bill for having wide appeal and putting on a rocking show for the masses.

That said, they're another one of those bands whose best recorded work was albums 1 and maybe 2, and after that they sold out. Laughing all the way to the bank.

Another classic Texan - Steve Miller.

Fogarty would have the same marketing appeal as all the recent acts. Lots of well known classic hits and fun party songs everyone knows the words to. Eagles - same thing.

I looked through 8 pages of this thread to see if anyone said the most obvious answer to the question.

That little ol' band from Texas seems like the obvious choice for the first Superbowl in the new Dallas stadium.

They're commercial as all hell, and certainly fit the bill for having wide appeal and putting on a rocking show for the masses.

That said, they're another one of those bands whose best recorded work was albums 1 and maybe 2, and after that they sold out. Laughing all the way to the bank.

Fogarty would have the same marketing appeal as all the recent acts. Lots of well known classic hits and fun party songs everyone knows the words to. Eagles - same thing.

Dixie Chicks are from Texas..maybe a little wide left for ole jerry and the NFL though.

I would love to see ZZ Top play, but are they old enough to qualify?

Black eyed Peas would be good. How about George Thoroughgood?

Aren't they one of those "hip" rap bands that like to drop the f bomb every other word? NFL will never have a rap artist or band that can't help themselves to show the world they know every four letter word.

Who knew that the C & C Music Factory shtick would still be popular today.

Commercial Country music on the radio is just pop with a southern accent.

I've hung out in bars in Nashville That's where you see the REAL talent....

I've heard what passes for country music today called "nothing more than rock and roll played by second rate bar bands."

Aren't they one of those "hip" rap bands that like to drop the f bomb every other word? NFL will never have a rap artist or band that can't help themselves to show the world they know every four letter word.

Who knew that the C & C Music Factory shtick would still be popular today.

No your thinking of someone else. They have been on Oprah and stuff. They have mainstream material.