RIP Stefanie Spielman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geezus, I've been holding back a ton of emotion since reading this a few mins ago....I remember when Spielman shaved his head in support of his wife, and how determined he was to go through this with her to the greatest degree possible. There aren't a lot of things in my life that I truly have hatred for, but cancer is one of them. It took my mom too early, and I know it has impacted the lives of many of you guys, too.

I didn't know Stephanie personally, obviously, but 42 years old? Geezus, the anger and sadness that wells up in me when I think about this is just unbearable. The Spielman family will be in my prayers, and I hope and pray that I live to see the day when someone discovers a way to prevent this type of thing from taking the women we love away so early in life.

:w00t:

Geezus, I've been holding back a ton of emotion since reading this a few mins ago....I remember when Spielman shaved his head in support of his wife, and how determined he was to go through this with her to the greatest degree possible. There aren't a lot of things in my life that I truly have hatred for, but cancer is one of them. It took my mom too early, and I know it has impacted the lives of many of you guys, too.

I didn't know Stephanie personally, obviously, but 42 years old? Geezus, the anger and sadness that wells up in me when I think about this is just unbearable. The Spielman family will be in my prayers, and I hope and pray that I live to see the day when someone discovers a way to prevent this type of thing from taking the women we love away so early in life.

What he said. :D

Thanks for the links; she had a long fight. I remember Spielman sitting out a year of football when Stephanie was sick, and that was a decade ago.

RIP

That second link has a link to a TV interview she did just this past June were they touch on the subject about Chris taking that year off.

:D

Very sad. :w00t: you cancer. RIP Stephanie.

+1...well said, aj.

I lost my mom much too early to non-Hodgkins lymphoma in January of '08 and it still hurts. She was the best person I ever knew. Very few of us get out of this life without having personally known &/or loved someone who has been claimed by cancer. Thoughts and prayers to Chris and his family.

:lol:

My thoughts & prayers go out to the Spielman family.

That's truly tragic. RIP. A good friend of mine was first diagnosed last week, spent the week at Roswell, and is already in Hospice. :lol:

But there's hope on the horizon. There are some promising new treatments coming out based on nano-technologies (some being developed at UB) that could flat-out cure certain cancers.

Terrible news--I thought I just saw Chris announcing a college game last weekend or maybe the weekend before. Always liked him as a player and he's actually a good announcer to boot. Sincere condolences to Chris and his family......

Chris does a local radio show here in C-Bus and I believe it was back in the summer they changed all the sports talk radio shows on 97.1 The Fan (which I believe are 3 done local) times around to help Chris with a problem "At home." I knew what that meant. So sad, I hate the buckeyes but he's a great man, father and now sadly a widower:(