John Gruden coming to town?

mrags

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I did was post what I heard. I told you all to believe what you wanted. If you didnt want to read it then dont read it. I said myself I didnt believe it. Just stating something I heard from a friend.

Don't worry about them mrags, this message board is for more then sounding like a bunch of whiney bitches. I for one welcome a break from the Trent/Jauron sucks/no he doesn't threads.

I doubt there is anything to the rumor but I hope I'm wrong....

Posting not to loose heh? Related to anyone we know?

Guys ... guys ... mrags's friend might be on to something ... I did some digging ... check out the picture I found: Link (And no , it's not Peter Pan ... this one is real)

Awesome!!! This would be so FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!

Aside from the obvious stuff, here are some indicators that this is total crap:

- Limo companies don't need to know who their picking up at all, they just need a name of a person/business to bill and a destination.

- Gruden is an analyst, not a reporter, so there's no way he'd be here doing a "story".

- I'm pretty sure that ESPN would have some issues letting Gruden out of his MNF contract 3 games into the season.

- I'm pretty sure that if you're friend's friend had this information, then so did a few others. If you're buddy's talking, so are the others, and it'd only be a matter of time before a media outlet reported it. Until one does, this goes along with all the rest of the "sources deep within" crappola.

Sorry mrags.

Actually, I'm sure Gruden would have put something in his contract that he can get out of the ESPN gig if an NFL head coach position became available to him.

3 people removed from the source of the rumor, yet that didn't stop you from posting it. Nice work.

Do you honestly believe that a coach of Gruden's caliber is going to sign on with a team 3 weeks into a season without being able to assemble his own staff or have the off season to plan?

Gruden was raving about the Bills on Monday nite. He is all ego and would love nothing more than to be the savior for this win starved city. He knows how much we love the Bills. This team would change completely if he took over. Wow, I just get excited thinking about it!!

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. This fully qualifies me to announce that:

Jon Gruden is INDEED the new Bills head coach, to be announced just before the coin toss on Sunday. He will be joined by Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher and Mike Shanahan, all new assistant coaches. And Jesus Himself is going to be VP Personnel/Operations. We can't lose.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. This fully qualifies me to announce that:

Jon Gruden is INDEED the new Bills head coach, to be announced just before the coin toss on Sunday. He will be joined by Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher and Mike Shanahan, all new assistant coaches. And Jesus Himself is going to be VP Personnel/Operations. We can't lose.

Wanna bet?

Ralph is in Detroit.

good point...

Why would Gruden come to Buffalo to start rumors when he could go to Detroit and talk to the man himself. Nobody in the Bills front office besides Wilson has the power to hire and fire the head coach.

Gruden is a hit on MNF,better then anyone they have had in a long while. Why would he leave midway through the season and break a contract?

I don't see Wilson paying Gruden what he would require to be the Bills head coach, I just don't see Wilson pulling the trigger until the bye week.

SKOOBY?

Teddy Bruschi is coming to Buffalo to be the VP of Personnel/Operations?

Sweet, we cant lose now!!!

And no Im not SKOOBY. Ive been here since before he left and have been making jokes about what kind of cars the informant drives just like the rest of you. If you all want to know I drive an Oldsmobile Alero, my friend drives a Ford Edge, and I would guess the limo driver drives...well, a limo.

Gruden is a hit on MNF,better then anyone they have had in a long while. Why would he leave midway through the season and break a contract?

Somehow I think Gruden has an out if he's offered an NFL job.

I don't see Wilson paying Gruden what he would require to be the Bills head coach, I just don't see Wilson pulling the trigger until the bye week.

I don't see Ralph paying anyone AND paying Jauron.

Teddy Bruschi is coming to Buffalo to be the VP of Personnel/Operations?

Sweet, we cant lose now!!!

Half Man. Half God. Possible Half Centaur.

You are right. We will never lose again - because Tedy Bruschi is all those meaning he is IMMORTAL. I like those odds.

Guest dog14787
And no Im not SKOOBY. Ive been here since before he left and have been making jokes about what kind of cars the informant drives just like the rest of you. If you all want to know I drive an Oldsmobile Alero, my friend drives a Ford Edge, and I would guess the limo driver drives...well, a limo.

Does anyone know what happened to SKOOBY :thumbsup:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw John Gruden pass out at Duff's last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I heard it was Applebees, and Lynch was serving at the bar, cause Applebees lets him pour his own drinks.

But what brand of limo?

Does anyone know what happened to SKOOBY :thumbsup:

I got a twitter from a work buddy's friend who drives Bermans cab and he says he's picking up SKOOBY tomorrow and taking him to see George Siefert at the Buffalo Airport

Thats it, call it what you want. Im simply reporting rumors at this point.

In favor of this rumor:

1. A limo driver was the key eyewitness that got OJ convicted of murdering Jessica Simpson in 1984.

2. Gruden worked for Al Davis, so Ralph would be a breeze.

3. MNF has been trying to rehire John Madden which has been published on ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?Madden Back In Booth?://http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/... Back In Booth?

I was at the airport today. A Delorean pulled up, in it was Wayne Gretsky from 1985. Then a limo pulled up and out walked Rudy Giuliani and Jon Gruden. Rudy told me he was in town to make a four-pronged announcement:

1. He is the new mayor of Buffalo.

2. Jon Gruden is the new coach of the Bills

3. 1985 Wayne Gretsky is going to play for the 2009 Sabres.

4. George Seifert really was at the Buffalo airport once.

BEST POST EVER!!!!!

After a little time in big D, Gruden might set his sights on something bigger, like a $1.3b stadium. Lets face it, Wade and J. Jones are not great friends. Jerry has probably had Chucky in his crosshairs all week. Gruden might miss his flight to Buffalo, if there even was one.

I heard a rumor too. I heard that if when this crap turns out to be some bull you're spreading around to gain attention, that you'll be going on vacation. :unsure:

Now I'm not saying it's true, just something I heard. And like you, I take no responsibility for anything that just happens to come out of my mouth. It was somebody else's fault.......

Today's the big day .... I get into town around noon.

Last week I had to travel to KC so I booked my car service under "Mr. Cowher", the hotel as "Mr. Mariucci", and made dinner reservations for "Mr. Schottenheimer and Mr. Pioli", party of 2.

I wish us luck. Spotting Gruden with Bills management would be a Sasquatch-quality photo.

I heard a rumor too. I heard that if when this crap turns out to be some bull you're spreading around to gain attention, that you'll be going on vacation. :unsure:

Now I'm not saying it's true, just something I heard. And like you, I take no responsibility for anything that just happens to come out of my mouth. It was somebody else's fault.......

I never posted this to spread a rumor. Just wanted to give everyone some insight on what I heard. Never did it for attention either. I could really care less about what most of the people on this board think of me. I thought maybe someone would want to know. My mistake.

Everyone can go back to complaining about Trance Checkwards, Dick Juron, Marshawn Lynch, TO, Lee Evans, Poz, Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsey, Ralph Wilson, Russ Brandon right after they read this post. Oh and dont forget to stir up old crap about how you thought Flutie was better than Johnson, JP was better than Trent, Collins was killed by the coaching staff and how you heard from somewhere that Kelly is secretly involved with Galisano, Jacobs, Rich, Buffett, Trump and working out specifics on how they are going to buy the team.

More than half of the crap on this board is rumors. Dont shoot the messenger. My opinion is if someone doesnt like it they dont have to read it, or respond.

I never posted this to spread a rumor. Just wanted to give everyone some insight on what I heard. Never did it for attention either. I could really care less about what most of the people on this board think of me. I thought maybe someone would want to know. My mistake.

Everyone can go back to complaining about Trance Checkwards, Dick Juron, Marshawn Lynch, TO, Lee Evans, Poz, Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsey, Ralph Wilson, Russ Brandon right after they read this post. Oh and dont forget to stir up old crap about how you thought Flutie was better than Johnson, JP was better than Trent, Collins was killed by the coaching staff and how you heard from somewhere that Kelly is secretly involved with Galisano, Jacobs, Rich, Buffett, Trump and working out specifics on how they are going to buy the team.

More than half of the crap on this board is rumors. Dont shoot the messenger. My opinion is if someone doesnt like it they dont have to read it, or respond.

I like this post.

Isn't that the definition of a rumor? I think you mean to say I couldn't care less. Just saying.

I just looked at the all the threads on the first TSW page and saw no more than 2 threads about rumors (including this one).

Pretty sure that in the sentence 'don't shoot the messenger', the subject is a bearer of real news.

Guest dog14787
Don't know if we are allowed to post links to other boards, but:

link

Are you sure that's the same SKOOBY, I messaged him and he ignored my message. I don't think he has any reason to be pissed off at me so its strange not to get a reply unless I stepped on his toes somewhere.

I'm guessing he came back onto TSW with a different name and was booted or maybe the original SKOOB had a run in with one of the Mods and now he's pissed at everyone.

Simon doesn't put up with any crap so they probably bumped heads. ( not that Lori does)

Note: Talked to SKOOB and all is well.

Isn't that the definition of a rumor? I think you mean to say I couldn't care less. Just saying.

Ill say it again. I never posted this to spread rumors. I understand this is a rumor, and most likely a bulls&$t one at that. If you got back to my original post I even said I thought it was BS. I was stating this information in case someone else wanted to know or maybe someone else heard the same thing and could verify. In fact there were posters that contacted me personally that wanted to know more information and wanted to try and verify this as well.

I am now done with this post. Im not going to come back to this post again. It didnt happen at least not that everyone here on TBD is aware of at this time, so I will shut my mouth admit that it was complete BS (like I thought in the first place) and go back to work.

Thank you all for pointing out things that I was already aware of and admitted in my very first post. You are all genius's and should be proud of yourselves.